NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Rushing stats for QBs are overrated IMO. 

The ability to move in the pocket or scramble if you need to is really good but how and when you’re getting those yards is more important.

I bet Goff (and any QB with even a little bit of mobility) could rack up rushing yards too if he decides to just pick up a handful of yards every time they were available. 

Its just as much about scheme and decision making as it is ability sometimes. I’m not saying they’re equally skilled as runners, just that stats don’t tell the whole story and you need a better breakdown to sway me.

It's silly. Goff clearly performed better in 2018, and that's born out by looking at individual stats, his offense's success, and his team's success. Matts has been doing mental gymnastics for awhile now to justify the contract Dak has coming. It's whatever. I know what my eyes are telling me. They're telling me that Goff and Wentz are the better QBs. Dak puts up pretty numbers, but he plays like a game manager. Goff and Wentz play like franchise QBs. It reminds me of Kaepernick putting up good numbers, but when you watched him, you felt he wasn't nearly as good as the numbers seemed (same with Alex Smith).

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

Rushing stats for QBs are overrated IMO. 

The ability to move in the pocket or scramble if you need to is really good but how and when you’re getting those yards is more important.

I bet Goff (and any QB with even a little bit of mobility) could rack up rushing yards too if he decides to just pick up a handful of yards every time they were available. 

Its just as much about scheme and decision making as it is ability sometimes. I’m not saying they’re equally skilled as runners, just that stats don’t tell the whole story and you need a better breakdown to sway me.

One QB has a 96.4 rating

One QB has a 96.3 rating but 300 more yards and 6 more TDs rushing

That was the argument. 

2017-18 sack rates

• Goff 5.3%  
  • Wentz 6.6%
  • Dak 8.0%

This is not a poor baby O-line thing. Its bad QB play to take too many sacks. I will take a QB with good pocket presence over one who can run any day.

See Foles vs Sanchez 2014 for the primer on good QBs with bad O-lines and bad QBs with the same line.

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its your own words I quoted at the bottom of page 230.

This is funny, but not in a good way.

Its sad, but not in a crying way.

I see you bounced after you realized that you simply couldnt read and then kept throwing all your wrongness and insults on me. 

Couldnt even sack up and admit you were wrong?

giphy.gif

Just now, SkippyX said:

2017-18 sack rates

• Goff 5.3%  
  • Wentz 6.6%
  • Dak 8.0%

This is not a poor baby O-line thing. Its bad QB play to take too many sacks. I will take a QB with good pocket presence over one who can run any day.

See Foles vs Sanchez 2014 for the primer on good QBs with bad O-lines and bad QBs with the same line.

Do you want facts here or nah? 

Because you and jrry seem to hate them. I can give them to you though if you want them. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

One QB has a 96.4 rating

That was the argument. 

Well **** nobody said anything about the QBR.

If I had known that I would’ve never said a word.

/s 

Still not sold. Your argument seems to rely too much on stats. 

I have no reason to pick the Rams here. I hate the Rams. I hate Goff’s stupid face. I hope he fails miserably every snap he plays. I hope Gurley retires with his health still intact, tomorrow morning. I hope Cooks becomes a missionary and Woods becomes a cook. 

But I just don’t know how could watch the two of them and say with a straight face that Dak is the better QB. I just don’t see it. 

Dak has great stats though, I’m not denying that.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

One QB has a 96.4 rating

That was the argument. 

QB1 had 1033 more passing yards and 9 more passing TDs. QB2 had 300+ more rushing yards and 6 more rushing TDs. So, you sure you want to die on this hill?

1 minute ago, Dome said:

/s 

I have no reason to pick the Rams here. I hate the Rams. I hate Goff’s stupid face. I hope he fails miserably every snap he plays. I hope Gurley retires with his health still intact, tomorrow morning. I hope Cooks becomes a missionary and Woods becomes a cook. 

But I just don’t know how could watch the two of them and say with a straight face that Dak is the better QB. I just don’t see it. 

Hey there, looking forward to the game. If I'm being honest, I think I'd give y'all the slight edge right now. It should be a fun one. I don't see us blowing y'all out, so you're either going to be very pleased (because you guys destroyed us) or we're both going to be losing a year off our lives tomorrow. ;)

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

/s 

Ok, here is a non-stat

Dak => has ice in his veins. Gets big in the biggest moments. Clutch as hell. True leader of a franchise. Teamates love him.

Goff => Folds like a $2 hooker in the play offs, is too dumb to read a defense, and somehow graduated college w/o knowing where the sun rose/set

Wentz => Is made of paper and his teammates hate him

Better?

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

QB1 had 1033 more passing yards and 9 more passing TDs. QB2 had 300+ more rushing yards and 6 more rushing TDs. So, you sure you want to die on this hill?

Yeah, I will die on this hill. The biggest difference was talent and coaching. Goff had them. Dak didnt. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, I will die on this hill. The biggest difference was talent and coaching. Goff had them. Dak didnt. 

Agreed. The biggest difference was talent and coaching. Goff is a better talent and is better coached. I'm glad we could finally see eye to eye on this. :P

I apologize.  I really did not think there was anyone who was so pathetically homerific that they would need to include 1 game against the Giants at home and 1 game on the road in Carolina to skew the 2018 stats so my mind assumed you meant 2017-2018 which is the entire sample size of their careers after their rookie season (not counting a completely skewed week 1)

Dak was a very good rookie. He has regressed since. He had his best game as a pro aginst a team everyone has ranked in the 30s (a team with a non-existant pass rush)

As to your 2018-2019 cherry pick festival. Enjoy your 2018 + 1 week Super Bowl parade next Tuesday. It should be a great time.

Lets change the topic then.

Lamar Jackson is on the same level as Dak Prescott as a passer but a better runner.

This is good stuff!

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok, here is a non-stat

Dak => has ice in his veins. Gets big in the biggest moments. Clutch as hell. 

Goff => Folds like a $2 hooker in the play offs, is too dumb to read a defense, and somehow graduated college w/o knowing where the sun rose/set

Wentz => Is made of paper and his teammates hate him

Better?

Don’t forget Daks 83 QBR win against the 10-6 Seahawks in the playoffs.

Luckily Zeke only had 170 scrimmage yards to steal from one of Dak’s biggest moments.

Archived