NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

35 minutes ago, Dome said:

According to NFL.com isn’t exactly compelling. Cowboys might not have had the greatest pass blocking, but let’s not act like Zeke isn’t drawing as much attention from his QB as Gurley is.

run game doesn’t matter

play action is effective without a run threat

anecdotal article stating Zeke doesn’t draw people out of the box 

anecdotal article saying Dak passes on empty boxes 

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yep. If you omit the stretches where Goff and Wentz were dominant along with the stretches where Dak wasn't and only look at the stretches were Goff and Wentz weren't as good, Dak is better. You just have to let Matts pick and choose the parameters. Then, we're all good. But don't look at the 2017 and/or 2018 seasons. You have to look at stretches.

Or you could be like any rationale person and omit rookie seasons because they don't indicate a Quarterbacks' true level of play long term.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Except he's 256. Not 270s. He could have got somewhat faster than his 4.65 40 time, but there's no way he's under 4.5

Matts' conjecture is simply that.

Did you see the tweet? Or are you just being snarky?

They had a GPS in him. Said he ran 20.8 MPH at 268#s and that speed would have been the 12th fasted by a running back

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Don’t forget Daks 83 QBR win against the 10-6 Seahawks in the playoffs.

Luckily Zeke only had 170 scrimmage yards to steal from one of Dak’s biggest moments.

I think they put Pete Carroll's 'run the ball into an 8 man front 21 times' game plan in the Hall of Fame after that game too!

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I think they put Pete Carroll's 'run the ball into an 8 man front 21 times' game plan in the Hall of Fame after that game too!

Brian Schottenheimer does not believe in adjustments. He is going to prove to you that his gameplan was perfect.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you see the tweet? Or are you just being snarky?

They had a GPS in him. Said he ran 20.8 MPH at 268#s and that speed would have been the 12th fasted by a running back

Except he's not 268 lbs. He's OFFICIALLY LISTED at 256 by the Cowboys. So stop.

I will fact check the speed at another point in time because NFL's next gen stats website is actually not even loading right now. I'm not being snarky you'll just constantly throw out any source that pimps your guy in any way no matter what, but when things don't go your way you turn tail and hide at Reddit.

40 minutes ago, Dome said:

According to NFL.com isn’t exactly compelling.

NFL Advanced metrics on how open WRs were getting. Cowboys were 32 in the league at getting open. Which coincides with the fact that Dak had one of the highest percentages of tight window throws in the NFL.

Cowboys might not have had the greatest pass blocking, but let’s not act like Zeke isn’t drawing as much attention from his QB as Gurley is.

Zeke was 22 in the league for facing stacked boxes. Even if you take away those ahead that had a really low number of carries, he was still mid tier and in the same ball park of just about any other RB.

I’m struggling to think of their top tier talent outside TE and OL. 

Rams? or Eagles?

Fine, but if you’re gonna hold that against him, I’m gonna hold Amari and Zeke (and the line, previously) against Dak.

Dak had the worst WR core in the NFL. We added 1 good WR. A WR that most every on this website classified as "fringe starter" - and since that point in time Dak has been a top 5 QB. 

With 1 good WR. 

7p9djtpjokm31.jpg?width=686&auto=webp&s=

Don’t forget Daks 83 QBR win against the 10-6 Seahawks in the playoffs.

True. I will add this, Dak got intercepted on a blatant PI which made him look numerically bad. But he still threw the team on his back that game. He didnt choke. He rose to the moment. 

Luckily Zeke only had 170 scrimmage yards to steal from one of Dak’s biggest moments.

Zekes greatest attribute is he gets a lot of touches. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Except he's not 268 lbs. He's OFFICIALLY LISTED at 256 by the Cowboys. So stop

I will fact check the speed at another point in time because NFL's next gen stats website is actually not even loading right now. I'm not being snarky you'll just constantly throw out any source that pimps your guy in any way no matter what, but when things don't go your way you turn tail and hide at Reddit.

WTF am I stopping? 

I didnt come up with the number. It was on the tweet. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Except he's not 268 lbs. He's OFFICIALLY LISTED at 256 by the Cowboys. So stop.

They have video of LVE right before they timed him.

It explains how he got bigger and faster.

tenor.gif

Just now, Dome said:

That’s his greatest attribute?

say no more

you've jumped the shark 

Yeah. 538 has an entire article on it. Its actually really, really good. It talks about how his pass catching is fine. His pass blocking is fine. His running outside the box is fine. Inside the box, fine. Short yardage, fine.

Its all good not great. 

The greatest thing Zeke does is touch the ball 30 times a game without getting tired or hurt. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah. 538 has an entire article on it. Its actually really, really good. It talks about how his pass catching is fine. His pass blocking is fine. His running outside the box is fine. Inside the box, fine. Short yardage, fine.

Its all good not great. 

The greatest thing Zeke does is touch the ball 30 times a game without getting tired or hurt. 

So Zekes JAG with good genetics. 

Id love to go back and find some posts of you defending Zeke over the years, just for the lols. But I’m going to bed.

Archived