NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

nah, if anything, you cant say that matts isnt consistent. Hes been saying this for years

He’s certainly consistent in his support of Dak, that is true.

Although it’s hard to keep track of exactly how high on Dak he is. Sometimes it’s “franchise QB, Alex Smith guy, can win you a SB” other times it’s “better than Wentz and Goff, top tier QB potential”

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The second sentence. He is good at a lot of things, he is elite at being a workhorse.

That trollbait thread title was my idiot test on who could actually click a thread, read the OP and form an intelligent thought. 

What’s the difference between “elite at being a workhorse” and being an “elite workhorse”

just curious.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

nah, if anything, you cant say that matts isnt consistent. Hes been saying this for years

Jesus, how did you find all that? Did you spend the last hour trying to see if I was a hypocrite?

Thanks for finding it though!

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Dak is 16-3 / 1-1 when Zeke runs for 100+

He is 17-13  / 0-1 when he doesn't have Zak holding his hand.

How's that for a stat?

I am guessing his QB rating is pretty crappy in those 31 games where Zak is not plowing the road ahead of him.

Youre drunk, go home. 

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

What’s the difference between “elite at being a workhorse” and being an “elite workhorse”

just curious.

Nothing? Did I use them differently? 

I am saying the best thing Zeke does is touch the ball a lot, be a work horse, be utilized a lot... I mean its all the same thing.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Jesus, how did you find all that? Did you spend the last hour trying to see if I was a hypocrite?

Thanks for finding it though!

i just did advanced search for your name and key word "zeke"

i was betting that you had a similar stance as you do now, but was curious. i didnt go out of my way to cherry pick posts that praised zeke, because there was a couple

My anecdotal observations tell me that all those analytic guys who say that the running game doesn't matter are full of it. The Rams were a different offense after Gurley's injury. Is he the most valuable player on offense? No. Goff is. But outside of Goff, he is.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Nothing? Did I use them differently? 

I am saying the best thing Zeke does is touch the ball a lot, be a work horse, be utilized a lot... I mean its all the same thing.

He’s an elite workhorse RB

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Dak is 16-3 / 1-1 when Zeke runs for 100+

He is 17-13  / 0-1 when he doesn't have Zak holding his hand.

How's that for a stat?

I am guessing his QB rating is pretty crappy in those 31 games where Zak is not plowing the road ahead of him.

i dont like that stat because often teams that are winning run to drain the clock. so they run more and get more yards

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

My anecdotal observations tell me that all those analytic guys who say that the running game doesn't matter are full of it. The Rams were a different offense after Gurley's injury. Is he the most valuable player on offense? No. Goff is. But outside of Goff, he is.

The argument is how you use the run game to boost your QBs efficiency. This is how I explained it to someone else. The part at the bottom is most applicable to what you said.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Here, I will try to explain the thread in silly @DaBoys anecdotal pot-shots.

In the MINNY v ATL game:

Kirk: 11.8 AY/A (Adjust yards/attempt)

Cook: 111 yard rushing attempts

V

Ryan: 5.52 AY/A

Freeman: 19 yards

Vikings Win 28-12

Dallas v NYG:

Eli: 7.4 ay/a

Barkely: 120 yards

V

Dak: 15.2 ay/a

Zeke: 56 yards

Cowboys win 35-17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Daboys, can you see how **RUSHING PRODUCTION** is non-correlated to winning; yet the team that has the more efficient QB wins the vast majority of the time?

Do you understand correlation now? You can run the ball extremely well and win (Vikings). You can run the ball extremely well and lose (Giants). Because rushing performance is 50/50 (low correlation) to winning.

But the team that passes more efficiently than the other team almost **always** wins. Because passing efficiency is highly correlated to winning.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Cowboys strategy for the past 5 years has been "Running a lot will make our QB more efficient" 

Other teams have the strategy "we make our QB more efficient and run situationally to supplement"

They are both strategies that are viable. But the key is **NOT** the running game. Its the efficient QB part. 

PS: This is not an opinion. This is 25 years of NFL analytics. So you may think differently, but you are wrong. Just like a flat-earther. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Eagles always seem to do better when they run the ball. Must be an illusion though.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i just did advanced search for your name and key word "zeke"

i was betting that you had a similar stance as you do now, but was curious. i didnt go out of my way to cherry pick posts that praised zeke, because there was a couple

i mean, its not like i posted this one or anything

;)

On 9/11/2017 at 12:06 AM, Matts4313 said:

Zeke might be a total jackarse off the field. But the man sees the field so well. He cuts into traffic because he see the angles. The spins to keep hands off get him another yard or two often. He is really incredible. 

Archived