NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

My anecdotal observations tell me that all those analytic guys who say that the running game doesn't matter are full of it. The Rams were a different offense after Gurley's injury. Is he the most valuable player on offense? No. Goff is. But outside of Goff, he is.

Sounds to me like the offense revolves around Gurley's play then, not Goff's.  

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

yeah, that 3 game losing streak when Zeke was out was absolutely abysmal too.

Dak sucked during that stretch and cowboys didnt score more than 9 points

The thing no one mentions, Zeke came back for 2 games that season. We scored 18 points total.

And then the following season we had Zeke to start the season. We were anemic then as well (Jax game excluded).

Its because our entire offense was terrible. 

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

last three years the cowboys are 28-12 (.700) when Zeke plays. And 4-4 when he does not. They score 20.875 PPG w/o Zeke and 23.675 w/ him. 

3-1 in game w/o Zeke, but with Tyron Smith for a .800. People forget it compounds. Zeke was out, Smith was out, Dez was hobbled. 

Our teams stats are skewed because of how bad we fell apart starting Falcons '17. Zeke was gone then - but our run game actually *improved* in YPC. It was our pass game that went to ish.

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So  pretty much every other QB is allowed to have weapons to succeed in the league minus Dak. 

But we don't rely on FA to get our weapons, we rely mostly on the draft. Hence, why our approach is sustainable.

Its insane that people act like this.

"Dak must not be that good if he needed a #1 WR"

Coming from a guy who has Mike Thomas on his team. 

Echoed by a guy who has Cooks, Kupp on his team

and like by a guy who has Alshon, DJax and Ertz on his team.

GTFO of here with that trash. 

Now the Rams are really good, I can't tell whether it's that people have started coming after them or that some of their fans on here are particularly inflammatory, but some of the best shfights on here over the last two seasons or so has been fans of Rams vs Cowboys, Rams vs Saints, Rams vs Eagles. Keep it up, boys, it's great viewing :D 

37 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

But we don't rely on FA to get our weapons, we rely mostly on the draft. Hence, why our approach is sustainable.

Imo the biggest reason for Dallas having sustained success on O  was building that oline up starting in 2011 with Smith who has made a ton of pro bowls, Followed by Fredricks in 2013, Followed by Zack Martin, and the steal of Collins in 2015 as an undrafted free agents.

As long as they can rejuvenate that room they will be sustainable. Pre 2011 they neglected the oline. We have to see what the linemen they drafted from texas, and Penn state turn into that is crucial. 

Don't @ me with oline rankings from last year idc.

57 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So  pretty much every other QB is allowed to have weapons to succeed in the league minus Dak. 

hahaha are you serious here? I tell you what you guys go 4-12 and have 15 straight losing seasons then come tell me if you need free agency to help rebuild the team. The two situations aren't even comparable. You can however look at this year and last year and see that we haven't been big in free agency, this year just Weddle and Matthews. It takes a little while to rebuild a 4-12 team and you don't go to the Super Bowl 2 years later without some free agency action. 

24 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

hahaha are you serious here? I tell you what you guys go 4-12 and have 15 straight losing seasons then come tell me if you need free agency to help rebuild the team. The two situations aren't even comparable. You can however look at this year and last year and see that we haven't been big in free agency, this year just Weddle and Matthews. It takes a little while to rebuild a 4-12 team and you don't go to the Super Bowl 2 years later without some free agency action. 

We just gonna pretend Les Snead isn’t a great drafter and coaching wasn’t the main issue during your terrible years? 

Free Agency complimented your drafting. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

“Dak must not be that good if he needed a #1 WR”

Coming from a guy who has Mike Thomas on his team. 

Exact quote. Well done. I was making a direct comparison of Dak pre-Amari to how he stacked up against Goff after he got himself a weapon as well.

Intellectual dishonesty is fine in Mafia, doesn’t work in NFL General.

If you want to refute what I said, go back and quote what I actually said. I don’t need the Mattified version. 

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Exact quote. Well done. I was making a direct comparison of Dak pre-Amari to how he stacked up against Goff after he got himself a weapon as well.

Intellectual dishonesty is fine in Mafia, doesn’t work in NFL General.

If you want to refute what I said, go back and quote what I actually said. I don’t need the Mattified version. 

I literally learned last night from Skippy, Jrry and the Eagles bunch on how to twist a football argument... and now you want to take that ability away??!?!

Screw that. 

25 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We just gonna pretend Les Snead isn’t a great drafter and coaching wasn’t the main issue during your terrible years? 

Free Agency complimented your drafting. 

You just gonna pretend Jeff Fisher had total roster control including the draft?

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I literally learned last night from Skippy, Jrry and the Eagles bunch on how to twist a football argument... and now you want to take that ability away??!?!

Screw that. 

Twisting a football argument is not the same as misquoting someone to argue against a point that was never made.

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Twisting a football argument is not the same as misquoting someone to argue against a point that was never made.

So what you are saying is that you believe its better to just make up random things and attribute them to you?

see what I did there

23 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So Les Snead did nothing? arm chair GM? I'm curious then what his job responsibilities included at that time?

With Fisher he was a glorified scouting director. Picks, trades and free agent signings were Jeff Fishers call. 

Archived