NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

18 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

There was a stretch at that time when running backs were putting up insane numbers.  Marshall Faulk, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander kept breaking rushing TD records.  The Chiefs had 8 rushing TDs in one game.  Mike Ditka traded a whole draft for Ricky Williams hoping to get that kind of domination.

It seems like now the risk vs. reward of the passing game makes running the ball more of a situational strategy.

That was such a fun time. Priest had the GOAT three year stretch... 2001-2003 he played in 46 games and had 6,566 total yards and 61 total TD. That averages to 142.7 yds/game and 1.3 TD/game.

a bit of thought on people who like to have their cake and eat it too

can we put the “oh and you expect xx player to not blindside a guy by making a split second decision to not after he sees the guy slide”

because imho if breeland speaks can consciously release tom brady thinking the ball’s thrown after processing the information “i think that he’s thrown it therefore i must redirect my momentum away from his body, else i could fall victim to RTP”

then defenders can say “yeah maybe i won’t deck this guy going to turf”

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

That's probably because they run PA a SHIIII load more than anyone else. Another reason Gurley is the true MVP ;)

If you don't use what you're great off! then you're a fool. The whole point is to make the game easier.

It's like when Howard stop running the PnR despite being the greatest at it. But because Shaq said he couldn't score any other way,

It ruined him and houston. You stick with the cheese boi.. 

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

If you don't use what you're great off! then you're a fool. The whole point is to make the game easier.

Without a doubt. You have the best running back in the league and you use him even when you don't use him.

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It's like when Howard stop running the PnR despite being the greatest at it. But because Shaq said he couldn't score any other way,

It ruined him and houston. You stick with the cheese boi.. 

....eh? Is this basketball? I'm out.

Archived