NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Does anyone have a guideline I can follow about what players are men who can be judged on how they play vs players who are poor baby! and can not possibly be expected to earn their money unless conditions are perfect around them?

Its clear that Lev Bell needs all the help in the world and we are mean for expecting him  (holding him to a standard) to play like a high paid NFL RB in New Jersey.

Funny how he got all the praise when he stood still as the Steelers O-line knocked people on their butts before he picked from several open running lanes.

Lev was averaging 3.75 per touch on 30 touches last night before he had a lovely 17 yard catch and run... which he fumbled away.

Every RB in the NFL makes people miss especially when they are desperation diving at their feet.

Every RB in the NFL can run through a hole to first contact and fall forward if first contact is by a guy being blocked trying to arm tackle the runner.

So he does more spin moves, its not like those spin moves are doing all that much for the Jets.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

The only way our season will be saved is if our OC realizes he just needs to give the ball to Derrick Henry.

As a Derrick Henry owner in fantasy, I can get behind this strategy.

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

You think Tannehill is going to save your season? Or do you just want a higher draft spot? 

22 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

The only way our season will be saved is if our OC realizes he just needs to give the ball to Derrick Henry.

Yall are right.  Season over two weeks in with one loss.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Does anyone have a guideline I can follow about what players are men who can be judged on how they play vs players who are poor baby! and can not possibly be expected to earn their money unless conditions are perfect around them?

Yeah, simple:

Does that player directly rely on those around him (Skill position)?

Does that player mainly rely on individual effort (lineman)?

Boom, easy peasy. Ill give you an example. Wentz was terrible until the Eagles built the deepest offense in the NFL; so much so his back up won Superbowl MVP. Now that they are losing their depth, it would be reasonable to assume some regression in Wentz's performance (from peak).

25 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

How’s Vaccaro doing for you guys with his new contract?

im pretty sure I was the only Saints fan that wanted us to keep him 

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

How’s Vaccaro doing for you guys with his new contract?

im pretty sure I was the only Saints fan that wanted us to keep him 

He’s been rock solid. And his hits are too. Was a blessing in disguise when Cyprien went down and then he came in. 

Archived