NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So we'll have two 6th round rookies (Gardner Minshew and Luke Fall) starting next week.

I don't think I've ever seen that before. One, maybe. Not two.

Falk was 2018 from Washington State.

Minshew was 2019 from Washington State.

PFF has saints pass rush ranked #1 over the first two games, for what that’s worth.

thats without Sheldon Rankins too. Davenport doesn’t have the stats that you’d hope for but he’s been used as a DE and DT and a stand up rusher from DT, OLB, and MLB and he’s been pretty disruptive. He’s reminding me of Clowney the way they’re using him.

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

PFF has saints pass rush ranked #1 over the first two games, for what that’s worth.

thats without Sheldon Rankins too. Davenport doesn’t have the stats that you’d hope for but he’s been used as a DE and DT and a stand up rusher from DT, OLB, and MLB and he’s been pretty disruptive. He’s reminding me of Clowney the way they’re using him.

Cam Jordan is a very good football player. Best of the rest (behind only the Macks, Millers, Watts and Donalds)

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, simple:

Does that player directly rely on those around him (Skill position)?

Does that player mainly rely on individual effort (lineman)?

Boom, easy peasy. Ill give you an example. Wentz was terrible until the Eagles built the deepest offense in the NFL; so much so his back up won Superbowl MVP. Now that they are losing their depth, it would be reasonable to assume some regression in Wentz's performance (from peak).

Wentz is a great example. Poor Baby theory would expect him to be awful in the 2nd half on Sunday night.

He played like an MVP instead after hurting his ribs, getting a head shot, losing his 2 WRs, and so on.

The stars are supposed to shine, not just be terrible if things are not perfect.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Wentz is a great example. Poor Baby theory would expect him to be awful in the 2nd half on Sunday night.

He played like an MVP instead after hurting his ribs, getting a head shot, losing his 2 WRs, and so on.

The stars are supposed to shine, not just be terrible if things are not perfect.

LMFAO!!!!!!!

29 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So your whole argument is hey lets surround Wentz with talent he can't possibly win with at the moment and injure our QB and lets see what we can do despite all of that.

I'll tell you right now if you were in charge of a FO it'd be Miami in a heartbeat.

We really need to stop this insane forum rhetoric of judging QB talent without proper pieces around him and expecting him to do great. Cause that leads to all of us asking a what if career like Tony Romo.

Not everyone is Patrick Mahomes. For christ ******* sake have we even seen a Mahomes before

24 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So your whole argument is hey lets surround Wentz with talent he can't possibly win with at the moment and injure our QB and lets see what we can do despite all of that.

I'll tell you right now if you were in charge of a FO it'd be Miami in a heartbeat.

We really need to stop this insane forum rhetoric of judging QB talent without proper pieces around him and expecting him to do great. Cause that leads to all of us asking a what if career like Tony Romo.

Not everyone is Patrick Mahomes. For christ ******* sake have we even seen a Mahomes before

20e7f6db35cd41400b3509dcc090eeb94acc7eaa

My argument is that players who are not in perfect situations should still be able to perform from time to time.

I am the one who said Rosen in Miami is pointless because they are far too awful for him to grow from a currently bad QB.

Rosen was not paid 14 million dollars a year like Lev Bell.

Everyone worshiped Bell in Pittsburgh and now they feel the need to protect him. It can't be both.

Wentz was unlike Bell this weekend in that he played great (only in the second half) when things were really tough.

Lev Bell is stealing money in NJ and he knows it to the point of crying on the sideline last night.

• Idiots are praising him for his total yards or his being the best Jet on a bad team.

Philly is loaded with talent, its just that a bunch of guys got injured and Atlanta had their schemed rushes working and they had to silent count in a dome...

and Wentz still played well.

You took all this and turned me into a GM who wants bad players. xD

Matts is an intelligent poster who very often disagrees with me.

You on the other hand?

Image result for billy madison rambling

Archived