NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Random thought:

Why are false starts a penalty if the offensive lineman immediately gets back to his set position before the ball is snapped? If the defense can move, surely the offensive lineman should at least be given the leeway of false starting and then getting back to their set position?

Offensive players know the snap count, defensive players are supposed to go by movement. Not very fair for the offense to know the snap count and fake movements.

43 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:
1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

ESPN+ is not worth 25 cents.

It will be part of a 13 dollar combo of Hulu and Disney+ and they are worth 13 bucks a month.

disagree

they had fiba world cup

they have mma 

+ other shows

Wait, what is all this about? What $13 package has Hulu, Disney and ESPN? That would be interesting

Edit - NM - found it

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/6/20757626/disney-plus-espn-hulu-bundle-price-date-streaming-service

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

But can’t read a defense, got it.

Year 4. Getting old if that’s all y’all got. 

Also, was watching TV on my gym and it said Lamar Jackson out vs KC. I crapped my self and looked online and nothing. Maybe it’s one of those back to the future moments! Check back with your boy. 

53 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

System QB, until we see him w/o McVay. 

Could've sworn I’ve heard that argument somewhere before... ;) 

Yeah, I don't know what that doofus on Twitter was even criticizing. Goff wasn't trying to read the Saints defense. Cooper Kupp had just caught a dig route for a sizable gain. The Rams had sprinted to the LOS and forced the Saints to align quickly. McVay was calling in the plays. He generally gives Goff two plays and allows Goff to choose which one to call.

48 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Year 4. Getting old if that’s all y’all got. 

Also, was watching TV on my gym and it said Lamar Jackson out vs KC. I crapped my self and looked online and nothing. Maybe it’s one of those back to the future moments! Check back with your boy. 

Yeah that’s all I got.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, I don't know what that doofus on Twitter was even criticizing. Goff wasn't trying to read the Saints defense. Cooper Kupp had just caught a dig route for a sizable gain. The Rams had sprinted to the LOS and forced the Saints to align quickly. McVay was calling in the plays. He generally gives Goff two plays and allows Goff to choose which one to call.

That was the dudes point.

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

That was the dudes point.

And that's what makes the dude an idiot. Why would you be trying to read the defense as your coach is calling in the plays? Look at the play clock. Goff had already gone to the LOS and bluffed the Saints. McVay was calling in the plays. Goff got the plays and made the call (you can hear him). Do you think a QB is trying to read the defense while the coach communicates the play(s) to him in the huddle? No. Of course not. 

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

disagree

they had fiba world cup

they have mma 

+ other shows

There is no fiba World Cup for 2 more years?

MMA is garbage violence for the sake of violence. (in my opinion)

I will get it included in November and watch Primetime and little else on it.

You are free to give them 6 bucks for what they currently offer.

Archived