NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, SkippyX said:

There is no fiba World Cup for 2 more years?

there is a 'b' in that four letter word. it just finished

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

MMA is garbage violence for the sake of violence

you know you are on a football forum, right? or is it fine to be super violent because you are also playing a kids game at the same time?

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

19/28

67.9%

283 yards

10.1 YPA

1 TD 

0 Ints

112.6 Passer Rating

27-9 Win

Enough said.

Of all the QBs who have won 24+ games in their first 40 with a 94+ rating and led their team to a Super Bowl appearance by age 24, Goff may be the worst of them...

That's not a big group so I guess he is pretty good.

He has a Kershaw problem. There are worse problems to have and like Kershaw there is always next playoffs to try to change it.

Just now, SkippyX said:

Of all the QBs who have won 24+ games in their first 40 with a 94+ rating and led their team to a Super Bowl appearance by age 24, Goff may be the worst of them...

That's not a big group so I guess he is pretty good.

He has a Kershaw problem. There are worse problems to have and like Kershaw there is always next playoffs to try to change it.

I have no idea who is even in that group. Ben, Marino, Russ, Goff . . . ?

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

there is a 'b' in that four letter word. it just finished

you know you are on a football forum, right? or is it fine to be super violent because you are also playing a kids game at the same time?

Typical knuckle-dragging MMA response.

The idea of football is to outscore your team.

The idea of boxing is to concuss the other person.

The idea of MMA is to physically destroy your opponent until they surrender or they can't get up.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I have no idea who is even in that group. Ben, Marino, Russ, Goff . . . ?

That's my point. Over the top Goff bashing belongs in a comparison section or a gameday thread if he is playing  poorly that game.

The starting QB of a perennial playoff team with a top 10 offense is not really a punchline unless you don't understand... pretty much anything.

Just now, SkippyX said:

That's my point. Over the top Goff bashing belongs in a comparison section or a gameday thread if he is playing  poorly that game.

The starting QB of a perennial playoff team with a top 10 offense is not really a punchline unless you don't understand... pretty much anything.

Yeah. It's a bit weird that a QB who led his team to the #1 scoring offense in 2017, #2 scoring offense in 2018, the Super Bowl in 2018, and 24-7 record over the past two regular seasons is some bum and I should be worried about him. Some will say, "Those are team stats." His individual stats are just as good. It's baffling that every QB but Goff gets credit for how good his offense/team is.

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, I don't know what that doofus on Twitter was even criticizing. Goff wasn't trying to read the Saints defense. Cooper Kupp had just caught a dig route for a sizable gain. The Rams had sprinted to the LOS and forced the Saints to align quickly. McVay was calling in the plays. He generally gives Goff two plays and allows Goff to choose which one to call.

I was more referring to your old opinion that Brady was a system QB until we saw him without the hoodie.

But - I’m with you on Goff. You’re going to hear that he’d be nothing without McVay until one retires...

18 minutes ago, SkippyX said:
3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

disagree

they had fiba world cup

they have mma 

+ other shows

There is no fiba World Cup for 2 more years?

MMA is garbage violence for the sake of violence. (in my opinion)

I will get it included in November and watch Primetime and little else on it.

You are free to give them 6 bucks for what they currently offer.

I very briefly read the description of ESPN+ and I dont get it. No live sports/TV. It just "enhances" the ESPN app? What?

How is that useful? I have literally the entire internet for enhancing my live ESPN experience. 

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

giphy.gif

(yes, i saw you include the top 10 offense qualifier. But I am ignoring it)

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Typical knuckle-dragging MMA response.

The idea of football is to outscore your team.

The idea of boxing is to concuss the other person.

The idea of MMA is to physically destroy your opponent until they surrender or they can't get up.

so you are ok w/ the violence because someone puts a ball into the endzone. fine, that thin veil is adequate enough for you to overcome your terror of violence. 

there are also a lot of aspects of mma that make a lot of fights less violent than football. you are completely fine if someone gets you in a choke and you tap or even if you go out.

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

You Dak homers get 2 more weeks to stay hard.

Who has he played against breh???? THE SOFTEST 4 game start ever in the history of the. NFL? Joke of a schedule. 

Dak is the:

#1 QB in the NFL in Comp % & Wins

#2 in yards 

top 5 passer rating, TD:INT ratio, and virtually every other stat, including all the QB rushing stats

SINCE GAME 9 OF LAST YEAR PLAYBOI => including all QBs

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah. It's a bit weird that a QB who led his team to the #1 scoring offense in 2017, #2 scoring offense in 2018, the Super Bowl in 2018, and 24-7 record over the past two regular seasons is some bum and I should be worried about him. Some will say, "Those are team stats." His individual stats are just as good. It's baffling that every QB but Goff gets credit for how good his offense/team is.

Elway was garbage in his first 3 Super Bowls.

He got to 3 Super Bowls though.

BTW - Goff's team was in the playoffs in 2017 in case Tyra forgot. (not sure why everything has to be about the guy about to sign the next big contract)

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I very briefly read the description of ESPN+ and I dont get it. No live sports/TV. It just "enhances" the ESPN app? What?

espn+ isn't espn

it's like a separate channel that is online

and yes there is live sports. tho not super popular stuff. like mma and fiba wc and mls and I think some baseball games. etc. and they do their own shows

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I was more referring to your old opinion that Brady was a system QB until we saw him without the hoodie.

But - I’m with you on Goff. You’re going to hear that he’d be nothing without McVay until one retires...

I was trolling Patriots fans. Brady is the system.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak is the #1 QB in the NFL in Comp % & Wins, #2 in yards, top 5 passer rating, TD:INT ratio, and virtually every other stats

SINCE GAME 9 OF LAST YEAR PLAYBOI => including all QBs

Well, hell, why didn't #1 QB Dak make it to the Super Bowl? 

Archived