NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I failed to address your point because it was a stupid point. You watched the game. You know exactly what happened. Our defense was terrible, couldnt stop anything. The literal only player who equaled or exceeded his expectation that game was Dak (and Gallup).

If you make stupid comments, I am going to give you stupid retorts. 

I did watch the game. And I saw a mediocre performance from Dak. Yes, your defense was terrible. But the Rams still only scored 30 points. We averaged 32.9 last year. Yet, you were down 30-15 until Dak scored a TD with a little over 2 minutes to go. Where the hell was Dak? You were just telling us that he was the #1 QB. Why wasn't he putting up points? You going to blame the rest of the offense for it? You going to blame the defense for not holding us to 21 points?

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

All of this is false. A concussion in football isn't a tragedy, it's a product of the sport. An unfortunate reality. At least in my view, tragedies take shape in other more horrific ways. And a concussion in combat sports isn't THE Goal, it's A goal. The main goal is to win, and a win doesn't have to include your opponent being concussed.

For the watching bit....Yea, tons of grappling fans get a real violence fix by watching someone pass guard Rolling Eyes.

Do you have this opinion of action movies too? Is the violence in them abhorrent as well? And are those entertained by them, devolved?

You know the movies and video games are not real, right?

I don't care if you watch MMA. I am not picketing it or voting against it or anything like that.

I was saying that in my opinion MMA is worthless to me so I won't get ESPN+ until it is pretty much free with Hulu and Disney+.

There is also no reason to lie about it or to pretend football is all about violence.

The 2 main factors in football's recent jumps in popularity are betting and fantasy football. Neither have anything to do with violence.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

"Im just speaking truth, playboi"

-Rammy

-Matts

Don't get mad at me because you're losing the argument. Listen, I understand that it takes a lot of work to make Dak look good. I applaud you for putting in the effort. Not all of us can just post our QBs' season totals and be comfortable with that. Not all of us can just post our offenses' stats and be comfortable with that. You have to work harder to make your QB look good. It's all good, Matts. I'm sure Dak is a fine QB.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Why wasn't he putting up points?

You asking this shows your inability to concede even the most basic of points. Lets start with this.

Scott Linehan was our play caller. Do you think he is a good play caller? Do you think play calling has affected your team? For example, how big of an influence was McVay over Fisher? 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Don't get mad at me because you're losing the argument.

im not

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Listen, I understand that it takes a lot of work to make Dak look good. I applaud you for putting in the effort. Not all of us can just post our QBs' season totals and be comfortable with that. Not all of us can just post our offenses' stats and be comfortable with that. You have to work harder to make your QB look good. It's all good, Matts. I'm sure Dak is a fine QB.

Ok. If you cant understand context, then once again, I question how good you are at being a lawyer. Its an essential aspect of your day to day. 

You asking this shows your inability to concede even the most basic of points. Lets start with this.

Scott Linehan was our play caller. Do you think he is a good play caller? Do you think play calling has affected your team? For example, how big of an influence was McVay over Fisher? 

It's always everybody else's fault, Matts. Dak is the #1 QB. Why couldn't he go out there and call his own plays? Why didn't he audible? Why didn't he get the job done? You're certainly full of excuses.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

im not

Ok. If you cant understand context, then once again, I question how good you are at being a lawyer. Its an essential aspect of your day to day. 

Don't worry about me, Matts. You should be worrying about your QB. He couldn't even beat a team led by the new Trent Dilfer.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's always everybody else's fault, Matts. Dak is the #1 QB. Why couldn't he go out there and call his own plays? Why didn't he audible? Why didn't he get the job done? You're certainly full of excuses.

First of all, stop twisting what I am saying. I said Dak was #1 in completion % and wins. I didnt say he was the #1 QB. 

Secondly, I have readily admitted over and over that Dak struggled horrifically from Falcons '17 until about the time we got Cooper. 

Third, you keep trying to attribute the entirety of a game (+end results) on the QB. Which is absolutely and totally stupid. If that was how football worked, Manning would have won about 10 superbowls and Mahomes would have won last year.

Seriously, quit making dumbarse points

First of all, stop twisting what I am saying. I say Dak was #1 win completion % and wins. I didnt say he was the #1 QB. 

Secondly, I have readily admitted over and over that Dak struggled horrifically from Falcons '17 until about the time we got Cooper. 

Third, you keep trying to attribute the entirety of a game (+end results) on the QB. Which is absolutely and totally stupid. If that was how football worked, Manning would have won about 10 superbowls and Mahomes would have won last year.

Seriously, quit making dumbarse points

Well, what number QB was he? How did he lost to Trent Dilfer? Why didn't he step up and lead his offense to more points? 

Just now, childofpudding said:
37 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

SINCE GAME 9 OF LAST YEAR PLAYBOI => including all QBs

What ridiculous cherry picking. You have to know that's ridiculous. If anyone else did that in arguing for any other QB, I have to imagine that you would be jumping all over it. Please.

That was the game we got Cooper. 

And it wasnt my cherry picking, it was all over the post game shows on Fox and NFL Network. I just stole it from them. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, what number QB was he? How did he lost to Trent Dilfer? Why didn't he step up and lead his offense to more points? 

Last year? Just outside the top 10 for the whole year. Playing like a top 10 by years end. 

Rephrase the next question to exclude your twisting. 

Because he didnt? Football is hard. Other guys get paid a lot of money too. Why didnt Goff score more points against the Pats? Why does any QB ever not score every single drive? 

^^^^^^^^^^^another dumb question.

Last year? Borderline top 10 for the whole year. Playing like a top 10 by years end. 

Rephrase the next question to exclude your twisting. 

Because he didnt? Football is hard. Other guys get paid a lot of money too. Why didnt Goff score more points against the Pats? Why does any QB ever not score every single drive? 

^^^^^^^^^^^another dumb question.

Because he sucked that day. Pats outsmarted him. I'm not going to pretend Goff delivered in a game he didn't. Dak didn't deliver. But you throw the numbers out and act like he did. Alex Smith used to do the same thing. He'd put up pretty numbers in games where he didn't play particularly well. Same with Kaepernick. Dak missed a number of throws that day against the Rams he needed to make.

Archived