NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You know the movies and video games are not real, right?

I don't care if you watch MMA. I am not picketing it or voting against it or anything like that.

I was saying that in my opinion MMA is worthless to me so I won't get ESPN+ until it is pretty much free with Hulu and Disney+.

There is also no reason to lie about it or to pretend football is all about violence.

The 2 main factors in football's recent jumps in popularity are betting and fantasy football. Neither have anything to do with violence.

Don't back pedal, you made generalized statements about the "kind" of people that enjoy combat sports and offered crude examples as to why they do. You don't like MMA? Fine, that's certainly within your rights as a consumer. Don't try to frame other's interest in it though.

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok. If you cant understand context, then once again, I question how good you are at being a lawyer. Its an essential aspect of your day to day. 

Uh.....really?

Sidenote: the heck is up with all of the personal swipes on here lately? Got members doing it, got mods doing it. 

Refs don't enforce the rules in the game we talk about so no point enforcing them here either? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

First of all, stop twisting what I am saying. I said Dak was #1 in completion % and wins. I didnt say he was the #1 QB. 

Secondly, I have readily admitted over and over that Dak struggled horrifically from Falcons '17 until about the time we got Cooper. 

Third, you keep trying to attribute the entirety of a game (+end results) on the QB. Which is absolutely and totally stupid. If that was how football worked, Manning would have won about 10 superbowls and Mahomes would have won last year.

Seriously, quit making dumbarse points

So now Manning was a great playoff QB? Are you now abandoning the only really valid argument against Goff (playoff performance)?

Manning is the king of 1-and-dones. (9 of them)

He netted 12 points per game on offense in his 4 Super Bowls.

The only reason he has any rings at all is Denver's D and Rex Grossman.

I'm also pretty sure everyone knows Mahomes played well enough to win last year and some idiot jumped offsides.

• How does this strengthen your argument?
    • Russell Wilson outplayed Dak Prescott in their playoff matchup. Would you like us all to no longer credit Dak for that win?
      • One of them had Elliot(26 for 137 and a score) and the other one had Chris Carson (13 for 20).

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Is @Matts4313 really this big of a **** or am I missing some sort of super subtle friendly banter?

Yes

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Because he sucked that day. Pats outsmarted him. I'm not going to pretend Goff delivered in a game he didn't. Dak didn't deliver. But you throw the numbers out and act like he did. Alex Smith used to do the same thing. He'd put up pretty numbers in games where he didn't play particularly well. Same with Kaepernick. Dak missed a number of throws that day against the Rams he needed to make.

Dak could have been better that game. I never said he couldnt. All I am saying is that out of the steaming pile of cow dung we put on the field that day, only Dak and Gallup played well. 

Great? no. Good enough? Clearly not, we lost. But well? Yes. They played well. They werent bad or trash. 

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No clue. I don't care. I have nothing to prove lol.

Shut your mouth you care very deeply and you know it

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Uh.....really?

Sidenote: the heck is up with all of the personal swipes on here lately? Got members doing it, got mods doing it. 

Refs don't enforce the rules in the game we talk about so no point enforcing them here either? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I was appealing to his ego to up is argument game.

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

He’s not usually this big of a ****, no. xD

You make me seem soft. I hate you, you are adopted.

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So now Manning was a great playoff QB? Are you now abandoning the only really valid argument against Goff (playoff performance)?

Manning is the king of 1-and-dones. (9 of them)

He netted 12 points per game on offense in his 4 Super Bowls.

The only reason he has any rings at all is Denver's D and Rex Grossman.

I'm also pretty sure everyone knows Mahomes played well enough to win last year and some idiot jumped offsides.

• How does this strengthen your argument?
    • Russell Wilson outplayed Dak Prescott in their playoff matchup. Would you like us all to no longer credit Dak for that win?
      • One of them had Elliot(26 for 137 and a score) and the other one had Chris Carson (13 for 20).

...... did you miss the statement "#1 QB should win the superbowl" that jrry made? 

Are you reading all the post? That wasnt even my point. I was making fun of jrry. 

Keep up homie. 

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That was the game we got Cooper. 

And it wasnt my cherry picking, it was all over the post game shows on Fox and NFL Network. I just stole it from them. 

If anything, that hurts an argument for Dak. It implies that Dak can only attain top numbers when he has top talent around him.

Also, completion percentage is a pretty useless stat. Of all the standard passing stats like comp%, y/a, td% and int% as well as comprehensive stats like passer rating and ANY/A, comp% has the lowest correlation to points scored.

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Don't back pedal, you made generalized statements about the "kind" of people that enjoy combat sports and offered crude examples as to why they do. You don't like MMA? Fine, that's certainly within your rights as a consumer. Don't try to frame other's interest in it though.

I said MMA is garbage violence for the sake of violence (in my opinion)

Then I got a bunch of Football violence = MMA violence BS thrown back at me.

I said something along the lines of people who think they are the same thing have a knuckle dragger opinion (because it is in my opinion of that lame opinion)

That might be 3% of MMA viewers? Maybe 12%? It might go higher if the some of the other 88% get triggered because someone has a different opinion of their beloved sport.

Its not for me. Watch all of it you want and have a nice time.

5 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

If anything, that hurts an argument for Dak. It implies that Dak can only attain top numbers when he has top talent around him.**

Also, completion percentage is a pretty useless stat. Of all the standard passing stats like comp%, y/a, td% and int% as well as comprehensive stats like passer rating and ANY/A, comp% has the lowest correlation to points scored.

** 1 capable WR. Get it straight. And every other QB has one, why cant Dak? 

Side note => that was also the game after we fired our offensive line coach (the same coach that was fired by the Bengals like 10 months prior)

Dak is top 5 in almost all the other stats as well. ANY/A is by far the most important, but NFL Network doesnt throw up pretty graphics with it do they? 

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I said MMA is garbage violence for the sake of violence (in my opinion)

Then I got a bunch of Football violence = MMA violence BS thrown back at me.

I said something along the lines of people who think they are the same thing have a knuckle dragger opinion (because it is in my opinion of that lame opinion)

That might be 3% of MMA viewers? Maybe 12%? It might go higher if the some of the other 88% get triggered because someone has a different opinion of their beloved sport.

Its not for me. Watch all of it you want and have a nice time.

For once, I agree with you. MMA and Football are not a like. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

** 1 capable WR. Get it straight. And every other QB has one, why cant Dak? 

He is top 5 in almost all the others as well. ANY/A is by far the most important, but NFL Network doesnt throw up pretty graphics with it do they? 

Not true.

IDK man, when you come and say that Dak is #1 in completion percentage since week 9 of last season, just expect people to laugh at that. I'd laugh at it if I saw it on NFL Network too.

Overall I enjoy reading the back and forth about each QB, and I think this season will help fuel the debate. Anyone who thinks that Dak absolutely positively could not end up being the best QB from the 2016 NFL Draft is smoking something. That's probably what you and I would agree on.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Keep up homie. 

dude, the season where Dak was the best QB was when you were playing Madden. I hope you won it all and got on the Party Bus!

Also... any other sports team you root for sucks! (unless Astros, they are pretty good this year...)

I also strongly disapprove of the political party you support!  (unless I don't and unless you don't really support a political party)

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Refs don't enforce the rules in the game we talk about so no point enforcing them here either?

PM or tag @Forge or myself. Refs have the benefit of Replays, so toss a red flag out if you need.

I agree, things are getting out of sorts. Need everyone to calm down and chill with the personal jabs.

Tks.

- ET

Archived