NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Here is a warning to just about everyone who was involved in the mess of the last few pages.  I don't have the time or patience to sort through it right now.  I'll look through it later and see if anyone deserves a ban.

As for this topic, I just think we should kill it.  Too many forums here are getting these big general topics.  This is a bad idea.  They are hard to follow, get off-topic, and are difficult to moderate.   The worst thing is that they kill activity.  Instead of starting a new topic, members just post something in here and it gets discussed by a few and then dies.  This is why a lot of the team forums have less activity.  The forums that keep everything in a general "off-season" or "season talk"  topic are becoming ghost towns.  Check out the Rams forum for example.  You go in there and the place is dead because they keep all talk in basically one topic.  No one wants to join in.    TAST is another example.  It has suffered from this too with the popular WAYTA topic.   I don't want the same thing happening to NFL general.   I've been thinking of this for a while.

I agree that every random thought shouldn't be a new topic, but members should start new topics for good discussion and these big general topics aren't good for the health of the forum.  

• Like 4