NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

45 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We were wrong to hype DeShaun Watson based on his 8 starts' production

Does this mean we have to wait before we can hype Mahomes?....

Generally speaking, I'd wait probably 2 years before hyping any quarterback. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

You guys need to give @VanS his props. He was widely denounced for picking the Bucs to go 2-1 in the stretch w/o Winston. Not only was he right, the Bucs could possibly beat the Steelers this week and go 3-0. Just about no one predicted that but him.

I remember coming on here and seeing quite a few people saying the Bucs going 0-3 was pretty much a lock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

You guys need to give @VanS his props. He was widely denounced for picking the Bucs to go 2-1 in the stretch w/o Winston. Not only was he right, the Bucs could possibly beat the Steelers this week and go 3-0. Just about no one predicted that but him.

Thank you.  

Its just the nature of the NFL.  Every season is new and you can't use what happened last year as some absolute barometer of what will happen this year.

With that said, the Bucs have surprised even me.  I didn't think they would be as explosive as they have been offensively.  And I definitely didn't envision Fitzpatrick having back to back 400 yard passing/ 4TD games.

Nick Foles is the dude, but the Eagles offense is so much more limited when he’s in the lineup. Really caught lightning in a bottle with that guy in the playoffs last year. Wentz returning should significantly improve the offense. Hopefully he’ll be up to speed in a couple of weeks before the Eagles hit the meat of their schedule.

Interesting topic came up between my friend and I about losing franchises trying to learn how to win. He said the way the Browns played the Steelers and then the Saints that they should be 2-0 if it wasnt for the kicker. He said he can still see them winning 8-10 games this season. I said while I do think they will win more than 4 games (the total amount of games theyve won in the last 3 seasons combined), I dont see them winning 8-10 games because they need to learn how to win.

When it comes to learning how to win when it comes down to a franchise with a losing culture, in what ways does it take for that franchise to start winning?

In my personally opinion, I think the team need to clean house. Perfect example is the Rams. They changed the coaching staff for the most part and the players on the team for the most part are new. The new regime need to lay a foundation down to not focus on winning, but doing things the right way. If each player is holding themselves accountable on and off the field everyday then it helps with team success. That means if the star back (Gurley) can do the little things like pick up a key block, then the backup back (Brown) need to do the same. If Gurley makes a mistake in a game like Week 5 against the Seahawks where he fumbles the ball into the endzone costing the Rams a key td in a game where the Rams lost by 6pts. Gurley should hold himself accountable and learn from it so when the same situation comes up in London against the Cards, he wont fumble in the endzone. He will run through the pylon and score the td. Like thats how winning cultures happen for franchises who has been losing for so long. The Browns doing the small things like Garrett block in the back after an interception to make the game-winning field goal try that much harder or like the kicker missing four kicks against the Saints that cost them the game by 3pts.

Edited by stl4life07