NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

...with a better roster!? Wow, going out with grace and class, I see.

He's such a buffoon. This is one of the many reasons Browns fans couldn't wait to see him gone. Absolutely refuses to take accountability and always blames someone else.

2 hours ago, KellChippy said:

That’s correct. Everyone who gets drafted is one of the best players in college football. You say that like he is a shutdown corner. He was a fifth round tweener.  

He was a shut down CB, and also played safety at Iowa.  And Iowa CBS start and play a long time in the nfl, typically at safety.

49 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He was a shut down CB, and also played safety at Iowa.  And Iowa CBS start and play a long time in the nfl, typically at safety.

Pro football reference’s Iowa alumni page has Hyde, Josh Jackson, Shaun Prater, Jordan Bernstine, and Greg Maybin as their cbs.  I’m assuming most corners are listed as DBs instead since those guys are all recent.

The only impressive name on the DB list is Bob Sanders though.  Charles Godfrey was solid for a couple years. Maybe they don’t have everyone listed on PFR, you have other examples ?

22 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Damn thought at least one team would have called Dez Bryant up this year.

Can't catch, can't separate, headcase... He could get a job based off his resume but I'm guessing his financial demands are too high. The only way a team signs him is if they know they can cut ties without too big of cap hit.

Sounds kind of weird to say an 8-0 team is facing a must win game, so I won't say that, but the Rams really need to beat the Saints.  This might be the game that determines home field advantage.  You don't want to go to New Orleans to play a playoff game.

Just now, showtime said:

Sounds kind of weird to say an 8-0 team is facing a must win game, so I won't say that, but the Rams really need to beat the Saints.  This might be the game that determines home field advantage.  You don't want to go to New Orleans to play a playoff game.

even if they lose to the saints the rams could well finish 14-2, so do you reckon new orleans would also finish 14-2/13-3? it does not help playing in the NFCS, where they still have the falcons once more and carolina twice 

2 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

even if they lose to the saints the rams could well finish 14-2, so do you reckon new orleans would also finish 14-2/13-3? it does not help playing in the NFCS, where they still have the falcons once more and carolina twice 

The Saints have a tough schedule, but they can beat the Falcons and Panthers.  The tiebreaker is pretty big between these two teams.  If the Rams win the game and they have the tie breaker with a two game lead, that would be massive for the Rams.  Tomorrow's game will be a playoff type atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Damn thought at least one team would have called Dez Bryant up this year.

I know for sure the Ravens offered him a contract when he was first released before we signed Crabtree and he turned it down. Reports were that multiple other teams were interested as well, but Dez wanted to play for certain teams. It's not a surprise he's still unsigned, tbh. He seems to think he's more valuable than he is and no team is going to massively overpay for a washed up commodity who's also a major head case.

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

The Raiders defense is built with old Bengal parts: Paul Guenther, Leon Hall, Emmanuel Lamur, Frostee Rucker, Clint McDonald, and Reggie Nelson.

Geez, no wonder they suck...

I almost gaurantee we'll sign Michael Johnson in the offseason too...

38 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Saints have a tough schedule, but they can beat the Falcons and Panthers.  The tiebreaker is pretty big between these two teams.  If the Rams win the game and they have the tie breaker with a two game lead, that would be massive for the Rams.  Tomorrow's game will be a playoff type atmosphere.

could be the game of the year, kinda like the chiefs pats game but without the inevitable disappointment of a pats victory

Archived