NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, N4L said:

He's also getting rid of the ball much more quickly. The colts used to try to throw it deep more often so luck would have to hold the ball longer .. this year he's throwing it underneath more 

Yeah also rookie guard Nelson won rookie of the month( first time a Gurad won the award). Finally Luck is getting some much need protection.

2 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Just went to ESPN website to see if there was a London game today and was disappointed. Say what you will about them, but it’s kinda nice having an appetizer game first thing in the morning. 

there will be 4 next year 

14 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Texans are one of the least impressive 6-3 teams in recent history. Whoever has the 5th seed will have an easy matchup.

Six straight wins from and 0-3 start is damn impressive. This sounds like your reaching.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:02 AM, riceman80 said:

Depends if he played for the Bengals or not lol

But i agree. Wins matter more than anything these days. Its SO rare to see a player go his whole career with one team anymore, let alone his whole career on an average to sub average team. I cant even think of one other than Megatron but even he played a few playoff games.

a little late on this but Tony Romo definitely came to mind

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Six straight wins from and 0-3 start is damn impressive. This sounds like your reaching.

The only winning team theyve beaten is a Brock Osweiler led Dolphins team.   I know the Jags arent too bad either, but they arent particularly good this year, either..

Not trying to knock on the Texans, since 6 straight wins is nice regardless of who they beat....but I wouldnt say its a reach.    He didnt say they were terrible....just that for a 6-3 team, they arent particularly impressive.   I havent watched them enough to offer much of an opinion on them, but they play in a garbage division and have had a pretty favorable schedule, and their schedule going forward isnt much harder.  

19 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Just went to ESPN website to see if there was a London game today and was disappointed. Say what you will about them, but it’s kinda nice having an appetizer game first thing in the morning. 

I'm guessing you live on the east coast? 

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The only winning team theyve beaten is a Brock Osweiler led Dolphins team.   I know the Jags arent too bad either, but they arent particularly good this year, either..

Not trying to knock on the Texans, since 6 straight wins is nice regardless of who they beat....but I wouldnt say its a reach.    He didnt say they were terrible....just that for a 6-3 team, they arent particularly impressive.   I havent watched them enough to offer much of an opinion on them, but they play in a garbage division and have had a pretty favorable schedule, and their schedule going forward isnt much harder.  

They could easily go 11-5 without breakout much of a sweat. I think their offense is very much up and down but the defense is good and it raises their floor by a considerable margin. Still doubtful they can win a road playoff game though.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Realistically, they've only played one winning team this entire season - New England. It's a solid draw, they play the NFC East, AFC East, AFC South x2 and Denver/Cleveland (thanks to a last place schedule). Washington and Philly are the two most challenging games left and the rest of the divisional games are in Houston. The Texans are legitmately looking at a 12-4 record... because Bill O'Brien is going to be here forever and there is nothing I can do about it.

I'd like to say that it's a one and done situation for the Texans in the playoffs, but there's always a chance to get Cincinnati, who the Texans routinely beat in the playoffs. Which will further pad the resume of O'Brien. Which will lead to another contract extension. Which will lead to me bashing my head into a wall until the pain stops.

Hurts so much. Hurts. So. Much.

Archived