NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Realistically, they've only played one winning team this entire season - New England. It's a solid draw, they play the NFC East, AFC East, AFC South x2 and Denver/Cleveland (thanks to a last place schedule). Washington and Philly are the two most challenging games left and the rest of the divisional games are in Houston. The Texans are legitmately looking at a 12-4 record... because Bill O'Brien is going to be here forever and there is nothing I can do about it.

I'd like to say that it's a one and done situation for the Texans in the playoffs, but there's always a chance to get Cincinnati, who the Texans routinely beat in the playoffs. Which will further pad the resume of O'Brien. Which will lead to another contract extension. Which will lead to me bashing my head into a wall until the pain stops.

Hurts so much. Hurts. So. Much.

Are you seriously complaining about the hypothetical situation where your team makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game?

My team has made the playoffs three times since 2003.

Be happy for what you have, a first place team. 

Just now, N4L said:

Are you seriously complaining about the hypothetical situation where your team makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game?

Fair, fair - very "first world problems" of me.

I just REALLY don't like Bill O'Brien.

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But what he said to Vance Joseph was hilarious and worth an extension, in my opinion.

Half of that is right. It's hilarious. Mostly because of the irony. 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

not trying to be ungrateful but just making the playoffs and winning the afc south doesn't do anything for me.  the team don't have a shot at a sb.  they scream mediocre.  as a result our clueless owner will be happy with the result like @ET80 claimed.

13 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

not trying to be ungrateful but just making the playoffs and winning the afc south doesn't do anything for me.  the team don't have a shot at a sb.  they scream mediocre.  as a result our clueless owner will be happy with the result like @ET80 claimed.

It's a good starting point though after 4 wins last year. Watson will need to become elite to put Houston in the SB contention but he is getting there. Strengthen the OL in the offseason, maybe draft a RB or so and the Texans could be legit in 2019.

Archived