NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

14 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I think this shows, more than anything, that they get more value out of the later part of the draft. This, in no way, shows their ability to hit at the top of the draft. A guy like John Ross, for example, is included despite not living up to 9th pick overall. AJ Green is the only recent-ish first round pick that I can think of that is a legit star.

Correct, which is why I stated we need to spend in FA.  Bengals don't pay for any high-priced FAs from other teams.  They draft fine enough but don't have enough top talent unless they supplement it with FAs here and there...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

@El ramster How the heck is Zach Thomas not in the HOF???

Not saying I agree with this, but I think Zach Thomas got stuck with the label of being a tackle-compiler.  Lousy reason, but seems like the case.

I've always wondered why Steve Atwater isn't in the Hall of Fame?  I never saw him play personally but everyone from fans to analysts talks about how good he was.  He had an exciting hitting style and did it with some memorable and great Broncos teams.  Super Bowl champ.  The only thing I can think of is his relatively low INT totals maybe?  He only had one season with more than 3 and only 5 career sacks.  And it doesn't look like he has any chance of getting in anytime soon either with Reed and Polamalu 

On 13/11/2018 at 10:23 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Who scored those points? Remind me.

No need to get sarcastic, all it does is show that you're under pressure. Grow up.

Trubs completed only 2 passes by the time CHI were 17-7 up. We spotted you points, just as your ST spotted us points.

Watching random football highlights, and seeing Marshawn Lynch in a Buffalo Bills jersey is one of the weirdest things in the world. Obviously, I remember him playing there, but just seeing him in that jersey is so freaking bizarre.

17 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Not saying I agree with this, but I think Zach Thomas got stuck with the label of being a tackle-compiler.  Lousy reason, but seems like the case.

I've always wondered why Steve Atwater isn't in the Hall of Fame?  I never saw him play personally but everyone from fans to analysts talks about how good he was.  He had an exciting hitting style and did it with some memorable and great Broncos teams.  Super Bowl champ.  The only thing I can think of is his relatively low INT totals maybe?  He only had one season with more than 3 and only 5 career sacks.  And it doesn't look like he has any chance of getting in anytime soon either with Reed and Polamalu 

As someone who watched him growing up, it's beyond a travesty that Atwater isn't a HOFer. His play goes so far beyond stats.

Also Zach Thomas should be in the HOF as well. He was the captain and leader of one of the best defenses of his time(2002 comes to mind). Maddeningly disrespectful to a player with his resume who was considered too short and too slow to even be nearly as great as he ended up.

Archived