NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

10 hours ago, riceman80 said:

As someone who watched him growing up, it's beyond a travesty that Atwater isn't a HOFer. His play goes so far beyond stats.

Also Zach Thomas should be in the HOF as well. He was the captain and leader of one of the best defenses of his time(2002 comes to mind). Maddeningly disrespectful to a player with his resume who was considered too short and too slow to even be nearly as great as he ended up.

Atwater and Mecklenburg both belong in the Hall and I always wonder how much the narrative of Elway carrying teams pre-Davis has hurt the chances of some of the players from his era.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Adam Vinatieri has been in the league so long, he once tackled Herschel Walker....

I am having a hard time imagining this in my head. You mean he was the closest one to Herschel when Hershel ran out of bounds? Lol

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I am having a hard time imagining this in my head. You mean he was the closest one to Herschel when Hershel ran out of bounds? Lol

Nope. Ran him down on a kickoff and tackled him

It's a good thing that the niners and raiders don't play at home until December. The smoke from campfire is making the air unbreathable. It's getting worse and there is no end in sight. The smoke is accumulating here and you can barely see 150 yards. 

If I'm Kyle Shanahan I'm getting the F to Florida on Monday of next week. I dont think the niners have an indoor practice facility and it's unsafe to stand outside let alone run around. Thanksgiving be damned

Watching old Mike Vick highlights. And while Cam is the better thrower and stats favor him as the better runner!

You can't tell me Mike Vick wasn't the better runner. The things he did escaping the pocket were gods gift. Best running QB in the

history of the NFL. Just the GOAT in that department. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

It's a good thing that the niners and raiders don't play at home until December. The smoke from campfire is making the air unbreathable. It's getting worse and there is no end in sight. The smoke is accumulating here and you can barely see 150 yards. 

If I'm Kyle Shanahan I'm getting the F to Florida on Monday of next week. I dont think the niners have an indoor practice facility and it's unsafe to stand outside let alone run around. Thanksgiving be damned

Where are you located?

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Random thought: Which current player in the NFL would make the best color commentator? Which one would make the worst?

Best: Drew Brees, Richard Sherman, Larry Fitzgerald, maybe Andrew Luck?

Worst: Aqib Talib, Gronk, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes (the voice).

But who would I want to hear calling a game most of all? Beast mode.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Best: Drew Brees, Richard Sherman, Larry Fitzgerald, maybe Andrew Luck?

Worst: Aqib Talib, Gronk, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes (the voice).

But who would I want to hear calling a game most of all? Beast mode.

Andrew luck sounds like muppet as well.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Watching old Mike Vick highlights. And while Cam is the better thrower and stats favor him as the better runner!

You can't tell me Mike Vick wasn't the better runner. The things he did escaping the pocket were gods gift. Best running QB in the

history of the NFL. Just the GOAT in that department. 

I think Russell Wilson is better than Vick in terms of the magic being pulled off to escape the pocket and make plays, but Vick is definitely the most athletically gifted running QB I've ever seen.

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think Russell Wilson is better than Vick in terms of the magic being pulled off to escape the pocket and make plays, but Vick is definitely the most athletically gifted running QB I've ever seen.

Wilson doesn’t touch Vick. Vick made people move, Wilson falls if you breath of him. 

Source. 

Rams fans over a decade. 

Matt hasselbeck was far more elusive than Wilson and those are facts.. 

9 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Wilson doesn’t touch Vick. Vick made people move, Wilson falls if you breath of him. 

Source. 

Rams fans over a decade. 

Matt hasselbeck was far more elusive than Wilson and those are facts.. 

It's okay to say you think Vick is more elusive in the pocket, but the rest of this is just garbage trolling.

Archived