NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Is there a Patriot Hangover? Every team that's beaten us have gotten SMESHED the next week, and in some cases, have never been the same since. Victories vs NE are pyrrhic victories. :D

Apparently if you beat them in the SB, you are done for the whole following year.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:58 AM, base615 said:

I could see it. They're trending into my pick to win the Super Bowl if/when the Saints blow it. I don't know if the Patriots will be healthy enough to win the Super Bowl but they're good enough, plus they already beat the Bears at Soldier Field this year.

10 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Luck 5 games without a sack might be coming to an end. Ryan Kelly out a few weeks.

I was really hoping he would make a run at Marino's record of 700+ pass attempts and over one year without getting sacked. Only had about 500 pass attempts and 14 games to go

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Anyone think LevBell should sign with the Niners? Kyle Shanhan calling plays with  Jimmy G, LevBell, George Kittle who is looking like a better version of Travis Kelce. They just need a receiver.

I don't. Breida is legit, McKinnon is still coming back, and Mostert looked like a quality RB3. Breida is averaging over 5.5 yards per carry, and everyone knows what McKinnon can do out of the backfield (I've never been inspired by his running). There are plenty of problems to throw money at this off season. The running game isn't one of them. Obviously Breida has health concerns, but he hasn't missed a game this year, and I'm typically not going to play scared and just assume that he's going to get hurt. 

17 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25342741/adrian-peterson-uses-belt-discipline-son

AP still uses the belt on his son. Can't believe the NFL suspended him a year for that tbh, seems super strange.

Prime example of the NFL suspending too early. Ray Rice and AP are prime examples of this. AP should of never been suspended, and Ray Rice should of not been suspended just two games, investigation first and then lifetime ban. 

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is Matt Stafford a darkhorse candidate to be traded this off-season? 

Discuss amongst yourselves.

They’d be stupid to trade him. He’s the best QB in their franchises history. He has his flaws, but they need to keep building around him.

Archived