NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, candyman93 said:

They’d be stupid to trade him. He’s the best QB in their franchises history. He has his flaws, but they need to keep building around him.

How long have they built and re-built around him, though? 

I'm not saying I'm endorsing a change, but is anyone really confident he's going to turn that corner?

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm not saying I'm endorsing a change, but is anyone really confident he's going to turn that corner?

Ravens are a better run organization, but if Joe Flacco can win a super bowl, Stafford can too.

I feel like they’ve wasted his career by playing a run and shoot system. When Stafford was at Georgia he had a guy like Knowshon Moreno to take pressure off of him. I will have to see how Kerryon Johnson develops.

37 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I feels like this was said of Elway back in the day or nah? 

I don't think so - Elway had some close calls in pursuit of a championship, a few bad breaks and/or running into juggernauts. He also took some Denver teams to winning seasons - teams that had little business winning.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:02 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25342741/adrian-peterson-uses-belt-discipline-son

AP still uses the belt on his son. Can't believe the NFL suspended him a year for that tbh, seems super strange.

Its idiotic especially when most of those owners grew up in households where kids got whipped for stepping out of line.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

They’d be stupid to trade him. He’s the best QB in their franchises history. He has his flaws, but they need to keep building around him.

This doesn't make sense. If the man can't win now. Why the hell would you waste time and job security hoping to build around him?????

Just off the wall thinking the Saints are the best team and the hottest team in the NFL right now. Most everyone is saying they cant see nobody beating them and is predicting them to go to the Superbowl and winning it. If that happens they would have a winning streak of 18 straight. The only teams to win 18 straight games in a regular season is the 1972 Dolphins and the 2007 Patriots. If the Saints can accomplish that task that would be truly impressive. Thats why its hard for me to think they will win out. As great as the Saints have been playing I cant wrap my head around them not being beaten the rest of the way. Not saying they cant go to the Superbowl and win it but they are on a 10 game winning streak. They still have 5 more regular season games to play. Its hard to wrap my brain around them winning 15 straight then going into the playoffs and winning 3 straight to end up on an 18 game winning straight. Thats just so hard to do in one season. So it will be fascinating to see if they can do it because again that would be so impressive.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Luck has a nice little streak going where he hasn't been sacked, but that has given rise to knowledge of the Marino stat. Did you know he wasn't sacked for 19 consecutive games in 1988-89?!?!?! Imagine that. 

I'm sure he'd kill the NFL nowdays. 

What a difference a good GM and Coach can do Grigson/Pagano were an awful duo.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

Bro, the Raiders traded Khalil Mack for like the 27th overall pick.

John Lynch again said recently that he believes that the niners had the best deal on the table for Mack. After the trade, he said it was a comparable offer, and more recently said he thought it was the best offer and didn't know what went into the raiders taking the bears offer instead and that we must never really have been in consideration. 

It's fun to ponder the what if game, because things play out a lot different with Mack (maybe Jimmy g never blows out the acl, or maybe it was always a time bomb), but obviously that niners first would look mighty fine right now. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

John Lynch again said recently that he believes that the niners had the best deal on the table for Mack. After the trade, he said it was a comparable offer, and more recently said he thought it was the best offer and didn't know what went into the raiders taking the bears offer instead and that we must never really have been in consideration. 

It's fun to ponder the what if game, because things play out a lot different with Mack (maybe Jimmy g never blows out the acl, or maybe it was always a time bomb), but obviously that niners first would look mighty fine right now. 

Might had something to do with the Bears finishing just 5-11 last season and last in their division.  Most people didn't have the Bears making the playoffs before the season started, so I bet the Raiders were counting on the Bears pick being in the top half of the first round, not the bottom half.  Coming into the season, nobody picked the Niners to win their division, but many thought they would be really competitive and much improved.

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

He's not the problem though. When was the last time the Lions had a runner that defenses feared. Barry? When was the last time they had a defense that was intimidating? Ever? 

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

He's not the problem though. When was the last time the Lions had a runner that defenses feared. Barry? When was the last time they had a defense that was intimidating? Ever? 

It’s hard to remember many defensive Lions off the top of my head. They were something when they had Suh and Fairley, but outside of them, all I can think of are Slay and Boss Bailey. 

Archived