NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Anyone think the Browns can overcome the odds of Hue Jackson and win out? They are clearly better the #6 team in the AFC and better than the Titans, Colts, Bengals, and Ravens. Hue Jackson dug them a pretty deep hole though. If they win out and go 9-6-1 they have a 65% of making the playoffs. If they go 8-7-1 they have about a 7% shot. 

No idea how one can say that they're clearly better than all of those teams.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bengals and Ravens, I think yes. Especially given those teams QB situations.

Titans, meh they’re a bipolar team so that is 50/50.

Indy, no.

Indy is really not that good and have played a cakewalk schedule. They will probably get the sixth seed since Hue dug the Browns a hole though.

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Anyone think the Browns can overcome the odds of Hue Jackson and win out? They are clearly better the #6 team in the AFC and better than the Titans, Colts, Bengals, and Ravens. Hue Jackson dug them a pretty deep hole though. If they win out and go 9-6-1 they have a 65% of making the playoffs. If they go 8-7-1 they have about a 7% shot. 

na, i think the Texans followed up by the Panthers is a tough task and they may pull off an upset in one i dont think they pull off the upset in both

Just now, mistakey said:

na, i think the Texans followed up by the Panthers is a tough task and they may pull off an upset in one i dont think they pull off the upset in both

Agreed, they will probably split these games. Would be nice to see them win though. 

i’m sure that y’all know of the concept of the championship belt

it’s just a fun sort of subgame

where

it’s held by the defending champ then they play for it everybody week, ceding it to whoever beats them and then they do it in their next game and so on

was thinking about it yesterday and i realised it got weird

eagles defend against falcons

eagles cede to buccaneers

buccanneers cede to steelers

steelers cede to ravens

ravens cede to browns!!!!!!!!

browns cede to chargers

chargers defend against titans 

chargers bye

chargers defend against seahawks

chargers defend against raiders

chargers cede to broncos

broncos defend against steelers 

so pittsburgh had a chance to retake the belt, and if they didn’t shoot themselves in the dique so many times, they would’ve! but they didn’t, so it’s is denver’s, and they are defending at cincy this week lmao

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Brutal schedule down the stretch. Cincy at home should def be a W. But Houston on the road, Carolina at home, Denver on the road, and Baltimore on the road. 

I think Houston will be the toughest of all of those but they will all be tough games. Houston is still pretty underrated, even with 8 straight wins. I think they could honestly surprise NE, KC, or PITT in the playoffs. 

Eh, I don't know about that. They've had a pretty easy schedule. I think they're definitely a solid team, but they've benefited from an easy schedule. I do think they'll probably beat us, but going to Houston will be a big test for us. It'll be huge for us if we're able to go down there and come out with a W.

Archived