NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

39 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i dont disagree, but he probably at the top of that category

I'd put na asterisk next to Palmer due to that ACL tear in 2005 or whatever it was that set him, Marvin Lewis and the Bengals back, plus he also sort of retired and unretired like Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. I think Palmer was better but his career overall is certainly not.

Matt Ryan meanwhile has a decent chance to surpass Roethlisberger's career IMO. Both are around the same skill level, but Ryan is a little more productive without the two Super Bowl wins. If Ryan gets to another Super Bowl, I think an argument can be made.

Tony Romo and Roethlisberger is a wash until you consider the fact that Romo and the Cowboys hardly won when it counted like the Steelers did multiple times.

Eli Manning is also probably a wash although I'd give the slight edge to Eli if not for that one ateocious season where he threw almost thirty interceptions.

8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'd put na asterisk next to Palmer due to that ACL tear in 2005 or whatever it was that set him, Marvin Lewis and the Bengals back, plus he also sort of retired and unretired like Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. I think Palmer was better but his career overall is certainly not.

Matt Ryan meanwhile has a decent chance to surpass Roethlisberger's career IMO. Both are around the same skill level, but Ryan is a little more productive without the two Super Bowl wins. If Ryan gets to another Super Bowl, I think an argument can be made.

Tony Romo and Roethlisberger is a wash until you consider the fact that Romo and the Cowboys hardly won when it counted like the Steelers did multiple times.

Eli Manning is also probably a wash although I'd give the slight edge to Eli if not for that one ateocious season where he threw almost thirty interceptions.

So not including Russell Wilson or Kurt Warner my list looks like:

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Rivers

6. Roethlisberger

7. Eli

8. Palmer*

9. Ryan (Probably jumps to #6)

10. Romo

15 hours ago, game3525 said:

lol just no.

Ben is on par with Rivers, as is Romo. Eli is in his own separate category, Matt Ryan is around 8th or 9th  and Palmer is not even in the discussion. For the most part he was rubbish outside of 2005 and 2015.

Yeah, wow. That is some serious clickbait material.

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

they played a superbowl against each other so their eras overlap

Kurt Warner played 6 years in the NFL before Ben, 10 if you count his days of pro football in any league. Ben has since played 9 years after Kurt left the league.

So they played together for 6 out of 21/25 years which could be 23-24/27-28 by the end of Ben's career.

You might as well say Brett Favre and Daunte Culpepper played in Ben's era.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:53 AM, DoleINGout said:

So not including Russell Wilson or Kurt Warner my list looks like:

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Rivers

6. Roethlisberger

7. Eli

8. Palmer*

9. Ryan (Probably jumps to #6)

10. Romo

Scrap Palmer and I agree with this list. Matt Ryan has a couple of seasons that are better then Eli's best, but if you look at most of their seasons they have been pretty comparable QB's. Factor in the two Super bowls and the fact that when Eli started playing it was harder to pass and I give him the edge. Ryan probably ends up surpassing him though. Romo had a higher upside than both, but his playoff record and relatively short career lower him on the list.

20 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

Scrap Palmer and I agree with this list. Matt Ryan has a couple of seasons that are better then Eli's best, but if you look at most of their seasons they have been pretty comparable QB's. Factor in the two Super bowls and the fact that when Eli started playing it was harder to pass and I give him the edge. Ryan probably ends up surpassing him though. Romo had a higher upside than both, but his playoff record and relatively short career lower him on the list.

So who would be your tenth person on that list? Keep in mind I chose to exclude Russell Wilson and Kurt Warner.

Archived