NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I would have an issue if it was just about any other coach, especially if they meant well but just weren’t good at their job. 

However, Hue Jackson is not a likeable person and went on a week long tour essentially blaming the players for the lack of success.  So Baker disrespecting him is OK in my book. 

Although I’m sure if it was a different QB (ahem Cam), more people would probably have an issue.

Same.

Its not Baker, it’s Hue. Everybody knows Hue loved to leak stuff to the media.

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

To have Baker in this league is refreshing. Tired of the cliche QB in the NFL. Love his attitude and it’s for the right franchise.

Generally I'm for some show of character, but this thing with Hue is clearly going after a man who's down. Also, the Bengals are a beyond wounded roster.

If he wanted to confidently call out the Ravens D going into this must win for them that'd be at least respectable.

24 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Generally I'm for some show of character, but this thing with Hue is clearly going after a man who's down. Also, the Bengals are a beyond wounded roster.

If he wanted to confidently call out the Ravens D going into this must win for them that'd be at least respectable.

Yeah, the fact that it’s even debatable is what annoys me. Sure, half of the analysts and fans are in the Baker is disrespectful camp but the other half of them are in the “he’s a fiery competitor camp”. I don’t mind him talking crap but the Hue nonsense is ridiculous. I just look at him like he’s a bully. He’s quickly becoming one of my least favorite QBs in the NFL, right up there with Tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah, the fact that it’s even debatable is what annoys me. Sure, half of the analysts and fans are in the Baker is disrespectful camp but the other half of them are in the “he’s a fiery competitor camp”. I don’t mind him talking crap but the Hue nonsense is ridiculous. I just look at him like he’s a bully. He’s quickly becoming one of my least favorite QBs in the NFL, right up there with Tom Brady.

He's a tool. Always has been. Was in college. I can remember having this come up in the draft forum. I mean, there's nothing necessarily "wrong" with it, but he's always had a feminine hygiene product type personality. Doesn't really bother me much, because I try not to think of players outside the realm of what they do on the field. It's just sort of whatever. I may not like his personality, others no doubt will like it. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's a tool. Always has been. Was in college. I can remember having this come up in the draft forum. I mean, there's nothing necessarily "wrong" with it, but he's always had a feminine hygiene product type personality. Doesn't really bother me much, because I try not to think of players outside the realm of what they do on the field. It's just sort of whatever. I may not like his personality, others no doubt will like it. 

Absolutely. And it generally doesn’t bother me. Especially if his trash talking was reserved for opposing players, ala Phillip Rivers. Him grabbing his - in college didn’t bother me as much because it was on the field.

The only thing that somewhat rubbed me the wrong way was that generally when he did his antics, it was against outmatched opponents or opponents that have already been defeated. Kansas were completely outmatched, Ohio State had just loss, Hugh Jackson had been fired and had multiple family members pass.

A lot of the things Baker does reminds me of TO, the guy the media universally lambasted. Only I couldn’t even see TO being as petty as Baker has been to Hugh Jackson considering Hugh’s situation.

I can completely understand why people hate Baker. He’s in your face, has a chip on his shoulder, and is brash and has arrogant tendencies. If he wasn’t a Brown I’d despise him. He’s also the guy you would love if he was on your team. See: Hines Ward, Ray Lewis, Phillip Rivers.

For those who say he’s gone too far with Hue, the guy was an even bigger clown than his record indicates. He was a charleton, media leak, threw all of his players under the bus, hindered the development  of young players, was a control freak to his assistants, and was a terrible talent evaluator from guys on his own roster, let alone free agents and draft picks. The fact that so many others have publicly bashed him and similarly shown him up and refused to shake his hand, etc. shows his perception and speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

So if the Rams beat the Niners on Sunday, they wouldve swept through their division.

When was the last time a team swept through a their division that produced two playoff teams that season? Or if that even happened?

2016 KC swept the division and Oakland still finished 12-4. Hell, Denver even finished 9-7 that year just barely missing the playoffs.

Something that's not really being talked about is the fact that Aaron Donald is three sacks away from tying the NFL all-time sack record.  Absolutely amazing considering the defense hasn't been very good all year along, so that makes it even more easier/likely for Donald to be doubled and triple teamed.  Just unreal.

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

Something that's not really being talked about is the fact that Aaron Donald is three sacks away from tying the NFL all-time sack record.  Absolutely amazing considering the defense hasn't been very good all year along, so that makes it even more easier/likely for Donald to be doubled and triple teamed.  Just unreal.

I pointed that out in the MVP discussion. The spotlight is on Donald because he delivers on a defense that hasnt had many other guys stepping up. The guy has 7 multi sack games this season. Thats one shy of tying the record. I think he gets another multi sack game against the Niners. 

two of the worst signal callers in the league are likely gonna occupy their four-seeds while the steelers sit at home bc josh dobbs sucked so much he couldn’t even beat the raiders lmaoooo the nfl is wild - i can’t say i’m happy but it’s certainly wild

Archived