NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

38 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Under the new rules, five players on the kicking team must line up on each side of the kicker. They must line up within one yard of the 35-yard line, meaning that they no longer can get a running start. 

I like this a lot, bring back the onside kick!

The Dolphins clearly want a defensive coach while everyone else has McVay fever and going after offensive guys. They don't have anymore competition for these guys. I really want Kris Richard. There's no guarantee he'll succeed, but I really like him. I really want this team to be physical again. I'm tired of being soft. 

From Warren Sharp twitter

Final 2018 Strength of Schedule based on overall team efficiency:
10 Easiest Schedules: 1-IND** 2-CHI** 3-GB 4-HOU** 5-MIA 6-NYG 7-NE** 8-DAL** 9-MIN 10-WAS           ** =Playoffs

10 Toughest Schedules: 32-OAK  31-CIN  30- CLE 29- PIT 28- DEN 27- ARI 26- SF 25-KC** 24-BUF 23-TB

7/10 toughest were in AFC

Half of the playoff teams ( 6) came from the 10 easiest schedules, only 1 team made the playoffs from the 10 toughest schedules ( KC)

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

From Warren Sharp twitter

Final 2018 Strength of Schedule based on overall team efficiency:
10 Easiest Schedules: 1-IND** 2-CHI** 3-GB 4-HOU** 5-MIA 6-NYG 7-NE** 8-DAL** 9-MIN 10-WAS           ** =Playoffs

10 Toughest Schedules: 32-OAK  31-CIN  30- CLE 29- PIT 28- DEN 27- ARI 26- SF 25-KC** 24-BUF 23-TB

7/10 toughest were in AFC

Half of the playoff teams ( 6) came from the 10 easiest schedules, only 1 team made the playoffs from the 10 toughest schedules ( KC)

Interested in hearing/reading what they mean by efficiency

Some of those teams under the toughest schedules had last place schedules and still ended up there.    

Archived