NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

50 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Interested in hearing/reading what they mean by efficiency

Warren Sharp is an analytics guy, he started this 10+ years ago in the betting/handicapping world and the rest of the NFL is now catching up
I don't know if he uses DVOA or his own system, but he does use the Vegas win totals for the upcoming season to put out his Strength of Schedule rankings .
Most outlets use the teams previous years' W/L record to set their SOS, he looks at it differently and its a smarter way to go imo

Sharp has his own website and twitter, linked here if you're interested in learning more about his methodologies

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

From Warren Sharp twitter

Final 2018 Strength of Schedule based on overall team efficiency:
10 Easiest Schedules: 1-IND** 2-CHI** 3-GB 4-HOU** 5-MIA 6-NYG 7-NE** 8-DAL** 9-MIN 10-WAS           ** =Playoffs

10 Toughest Schedules: 32-OAK  31-CIN  30- CLE 29- PIT 28- DEN 27- ARI 26- SF 25-KC** 24-BUF 23-TB

7/10 toughest were in AFC

Half of the playoff teams ( 6) came from the 10 easiest schedules, only 1 team made the playoffs from the 10 toughest schedules ( KC)

I initially read that as Warren Sapp and almost ignored this.

Very interesting.  Without knowing the details of efficiency, do you know how those results compare to other seasons?

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Interested in hearing/reading what they mean by efficiency

Some of those teams under the toughest schedules had last place schedules and still ended up there.    

Last place schedules can wind up being tougher or just as tough because while they played two teams in 4th place in their divisions last year, they had to play the top 3 teams in their own division this year. So those other 4th place teams may have had better years, and if they're in a tough division, they had a tough batch. So the Raiders are there in part because they played LAC and KC twice. And one of the last place teams they got wound up being Indy.

The Athletic did a survey of NFL players and asked them some QB-specific questions

This one was interesting among the responses

Who is the most overrated quarterback?

Top answer: Kirk Cousins 13%

Runner up: Eli Manning 10%

Also receiving multiple votes: Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, Sam Bradford

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The Athletic did a survey of NFL players and asked them some QB-specific questions

This one was interesting among the responses

Who is the most overrated quarterback?

Top answer: Kirk Cousins 13%

Runner up: Eli Manning 10%

Also receiving multiple votes: Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, Sam Bradford

The benefit of Jimmy g getting hurt, everyone forgot about him 😂😂😂

I hate the S.O.S arguement  because  I'm fairly certain the S.O.S going into the season based off last years Teams and Thier overall records, was way way different.

Funny how things/teams change from season to season.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

:o

I am not surprised Goff is so low. I keep saying it. 

He is rarely pressured and throws the ball to wide open WRs more than any other QB in the NFL.

That has started to change the last few weeks and surprise! He hasn't played as well 

Archived