Browns waive K Zane Gonzalez; sign Greg Joseph

TheKillerNacho

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-k-greg-joseph

Well we have a topic about the other kicker being fired, let's open one about Zane. Zane's firing is arguably more justified, missing five kicks in games decided by a total of 3 points.

As for Greg Joseph, he was actually with my Fins this offseason, brought in to compete with fellow rookie Kicker Jason Sanders. Early on, beat writers were saying Joseph looked better than Sanders, but Sanders did eventually beat him out. Joseph converted just 69.5% of his field goals in college - you would think the Browns would look for some more experience (and someone who ins't historically bad) at the position.  Why is Kai Forbath still unsigned??

To add one more story to this, it appears Hue Jackson didn't even know about Zane Gonzalez's injury, even though the training staff did. Cleveland still confirmed for inept it seems.....

If Zane was hurt he should have been placed on the injury list. I highly doubt Hue would want to go into the game with an injured kicker. That’s on the training staff or the kicker Himself for not letting Hue or the ST coach know they are hurt 

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If Zane was hurt he should have been placed on the injury list. I highly doubt Hue would want to go into the game with an injured kicker. That’s on the training staff or the kicker Himself for not letting Hue or the ST coach know they are hurt 

Its ultimately dysfunction no matter who's to blame.

Archived