Redskins sign WRs Michael Floyd and Breshad Perriman

TheKillerNacho

This guy completely fell off since leaving Arizona.    During his rookie contract, it at least looked like he could be a good number 2 WR in this league....now he cant even stick with a team as a depth player...even teams with elite QB talent like New England and New Orleans.    

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Floyd jump to the top of the Redskins depth chart.  He is talented enough to beat out Josh Doctson as an outside receiver.  I don’t think he’s a dirt bag or washed up at all.  He had 1 DUI a few years ago, but other than that has stayed clean.  Two years ago he joined the Patriots roster too late in the season to jump in and make an impact.  Last year he was buried on a deep receiver group on the Vikings; no one was beating out Diggs or Theilen so he was stuck splitting reps with Treadwell and Wright.  He was never really given any opportunities with the Saints since they only brought him in to be a camp body.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make an impact with the Redskins and his run blocking will be huge for Adrian Peterson.

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Let’s go career stats, Floyd is better. Just saying lol but both are major F’ ups that allowed substances to derail once promising careers

How many substance issues has Floyd had??  Because I’m pretty sure he’s only had one DUI and otherwise been clean.  He’s made like one mistake I wouldn’t call that a major F’ up.

2 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

How many substance issues has Floyd had??  Because I’m pretty sure he’s only had one DUI and otherwise been clean.  He’s made like one mistake I wouldn’t call that a major F’ up.

On March 20, 2011, Floyd was arrested for DUI.[25] On December 12, 2016, Floyd was arrested and charged with two counts of driving under the influence after he was found passed out behind the wheel.[26][27]On February 17, 2017, he was found guilty of extreme DUI, and was sentenced to 24 days in jail and 96 days of house arrest.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

On March 20, 2011, Floyd was arrested for DUI.[25] On December 12, 2016, Floyd was arrested and charged with two counts of driving under the influence after he was found passed out behind the wheel.[26][27]On February 17, 2017, he was found guilty of extreme DUI, and was sentenced to 24 days in jail and 96 days of house arrest.

So he’s had 2 DUI’s then because the 2017 thing is just when he was found guilty of the 2016 offense.

So that’s one DUI in 2011 and one DUI in 2016.  When he was in Minnesota it really seemed like he was making some life changes and avoiding alcohol.  I don’t think those will be issues again in the future.

Archived