Best NFC North Receiver?

Illadelegend215

Thielen pretty easily.  Diggs is a close second, but Davante Adams is massively overrated by the majority of this board.  He's never even had a 1000 yard receiving season and is ranked by most people as a top 7-8 receiver which is laughable at best

Allen Robinson would be a top 13-15 receiver if he had a better QB throwing to him

7 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Thielen pretty easily.  Diggs is a close second, but Davante Adams is massively overrated by the majority of this board.  He's never even had a 1000 yard receiving season and is ranked by most people as a top 7-8 receiver which is laughable at best

Allen Robinson would be a top 13-15 receiver if he had a better QB throwing to him

...neither has Diggs?  Adams best year is better than Diggs best year, as is his second best year.  And if you want to use the QB argument, Adams had 46 catches for 543 yards and 5 TDs playing 8 games with Hundley last season.  That's on pace for 92/1086/10, with one of the worst starters in football throwing him the ball.  

If you want to argue Diggs is better, that's fine, he's a good player too, but your argument makes absolutely no sense.

Just now, MrBobGray said:

...neither has Diggs?  Adams best year is better than Diggs best year, as is his second best year.  And if you want to use the QB argument, Adams had 46 catches for 543 yards and 5 TDs playing 8 games with Hundley last season.  That's on pace for 92/1086/10, with one of the worst starters in football throwing him the ball.  

If you want to argue Diggs is better, that's fine, he's a good player too, but your argument makes absolutely no sense.

Ok, but Diggs was actually on pace for one in 2016.  He missed 3 games, yet had 84 catches for 903 yards.  He was on pace for 103 receptions for 1111 yards while catching passes from Sam Bradford who was throwing passes from behind one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history lol.  Way to overlook the fact that he missed 3 games though.  No way is Adams' best season better than that 

Diggs has had Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford and Case Keenum throwing to him for his entire career.  What a joke.  Meanwhile, Adams has had.... Aaron Rodgers and half a season of Brett Hundley. QB argument actually works against you on this one

Just now, footbull3196 said:

Ok, but Diggs was actually on pace for one in 2016.  He missed 3 games, yet had 84 catches for 903 yards.  He was on pace for 103 receptions for 1111 yards while catching passes from Sam Bradford who was throwing passes from behind one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history lol.  Way to overlook the fact that he missed 3 games though.  No way is Adams' best season better than that 

Diggs has had Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford and Case Keenum throwing to him for his entire career.  What a joke.  Meanwhile, Adams has had.... Aaron Rodgers and half a season of Brett Hundley. QB argument actually works against you on this one

And Adams was on pace for one in 2017 and would have easily hit it if he hadn't been knocked out of two games with a concussion and missed two others.  And yes, I'd absolutely take Adams 2016 over Diggs; Adams averaged 2.5 YPC more than Diggs and scored 9 more TDs.  Come on, 2016 wasn't even Diggs best year; I'd absolutely take his 2017 over his 2016 any day (much better YPC, 4 more 20+ plays, 5 more TDs). 

And my point is that in 8 games with Hundley, he produced at a better rate than any of Diggs career, so...I'm not sure where you're going with this.

39 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

And Adams was on pace for one in 2017 and would have easily hit it if he hadn't been knocked out of two games with a concussion and missed two others.  And yes, I'd absolutely take Adams 2016 over Diggs; Adams averaged 2.5 YPC more than Diggs and scored 9 more TDs.  Come on, 2016 wasn't even Diggs best year; I'd absolutely take his 2017 over his 2016 any day (much better YPC, 4 more 20+ plays, 5 more TDs). 

And my point is that in 8 games with Hundley, he produced at a better rate than any of Diggs career, so...I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Adams was barely on pace lol.  86 for 1011 is obviously not better than 103 for 1111 and sure as hell is not "easily hitting it".  Diggs would have "easily hit it" if he hadnt missed THREE games in 2016.  Theres no way that Diggs' 2017 season can be his best year when he wasnt even the best receiver on his own team.  Thielen was significantly better than him in every area, you probably just remember that fluky play that beat the Saints and think that Diggs was amazing that year but in reality he was just above average for us and happened to be at the right place at the right time for us in the playoffs.  Dont think 2 more yards per catch skews the data to the point that his 2017 season should be considered better, because there's a reason he was thrown the ball more consistently in 2016.  It's because he was clearly our best receiver that year and earned all the targets he got

Again, not sure how 75 for 997 through 16 games is better than 84 for 903 in 13 games (since both of these are their best performances), even with Adams' advantage in touchdowns.  Not like Diggs has ever had anyone good throwing him the ball before this season.  Diggs has also never had any problems with drops, which was a huge issue for Adams before 2016

Archived