Mitchell Trubisky's Future

SmittyBacall

I felt the need to vent how unimpressed I was with Trubisky all of last nights game (I may or not had money on the Bears -4.5) and wanted to bring him up for discussion within the board. I haven't seen much of him and I don't like making decisions on a player after one outing, but man. That was tough to watch. All while at home, with the lead, in great field positions, versus a battered/depleted Seahawks defense etc. Not to lambaste him too harshly but rarely if ever does a QB look as bad as he did - in my opinion - and bounce back ala Goff from his rookie season to now.

Last night he looked:

- Completely panicked all night.

- Felt ghost pressure and left the pocket too early.

- Poor ball placement on completed throws.

- Made erratic throws under little to no pressure.

- Made poor decisions running the ball.

- Forced inexcusable balls into heavy coverage.

What is the consensus opinion on him?

What do we attribute to last nights underwhelming showing? MNF jitters?

Who's to blame? Poor offensive line play?

What say you.

Honestly he reminds me right now as a rich mans Brett Hundley. That being said he is a 1 year starter in college and 1 year starter in the pros. Its going to take another 2 to 3 years of this level of play before I will label him. Personally, I think he should have been given a year or two on the bench  to learn. Happy feet is never a good sign. Seems to be players either have pocket presence or they don't. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Bears expected Jared Goff and they get Mitch Trusucky. He’s not very accurate in the short flat routes. Dude has that Cam Newton touch where he either over throws you, or throws a 300MPH fast ball for no reason. 

You could have went Turdbisky, but went with Trusucky? Lame rammy.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:04 AM, El ramster said:

Bears expected Jared Goff and they get Mitch Trusucky. He’s not very accurate in the short flat routes. Dude has that Cam Newton touch where he either over throws you, or throws a 300MPH fast ball for no reason. 

Well that’s not true. He competes around 70% of his passes. Most of which are flats ?

Archived