Mitchell Trubisky's Future

SmittyBacall

17 hours ago, topwop1 said:

GTFO here man. You gonna bring up this thread every time he has a below average or bad game? Do you not have anyhing better to do with your time?

When I watch him now it's confirmation of what I saw in the preseason. And that post only took like 15 seconds

And if you actually watched the game today

I actually watched every second.

the only reason the Bears were in this game for most of it was because of Trubisky

This is partly true. The majority of his effectiveness came from his legs, which isn't something that is going to impress me much when examining a QB. At the same time, how many bonehead throws did Trubisky attempt that should have been intercepted? It would have been a blowout on Trubisky's shoulders if the Patriots could capitalize on a few gimme turnovers.

But again I understand that you're just a hater so I digress. 

It's easy to dismiss me as a hater because then you don't have to engage my opinion, but I'm truly not hating. I have nothing against him and would like to see him do well. I'm just objectively calling it as I see it. I think most fans in this sub need to take off the rose colored shades and see him for what he really is. I don't think he will be starting for Chicago in 2020. He hasn't displayed the necessary QB qualities that you need to possess to have any success in this league. 

26 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

When I watch him now it's confirmation of what I saw in the preseason. And that post only took like 15 seconds

I actually watched every second.

This is partly true. The majority of his effectiveness came from his legs, which isn't something that is going to impress me much when examining a QB. At the same time, how many bonehead throws did Trubisky attempt that should have been intercepted? It would have been a blowout on Trubisky's shoulders if the Patriots could capitalize on a few gimme turnovers.

It's easy to dismiss me as a hater because then you don't have to engage my opinion, but I'm truly not hating. I have nothing against him and would like to see him do well. I want I'm just objectively calling it as I see it. I think most fans in this sub need to take off the rose colored shades and see him for what he really is. I don't think he will be starting for Chicago in 2020. 

Bumping a thread like this after a tough loss is in pretty bad taste my friend. And you obviously are not rooting for Trubisky as your agenda here is quite obvious. Trubisky did not have a good game. The defense did not have a good game. Special teams did not have a good game. Yet they were one yard away from tying it and going to OT against the premier franchise in the NFL. Not too shabby considering most had this team pegged at like 5 wins before the season started. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic right now if you are a Chicago fan.

2 hours ago, Pool said:

Bumping a thread like this after a tough loss is in pretty bad taste my friend.

You're right, but the purpose is to track his progress; which means the good and the bad. 

2 hours ago, Pool said:

And you obviously are not rooting for Trubisky as your agenda here is quite obvious.

I don't have an agenda.

2 hours ago, Pool said:

The defense did not have a good game. Special teams did not have a good game. Yet they were one yard away from tying it and going to OT against the premier franchise in the NFL. Not too shabby considering most had this team pegged at like 5 wins before the season started. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic right now if you are a Chicago fan.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm not criticizing the loss. I'm criticizing Trubisky. He was not good yesterday.

26 minutes ago, Buddyboy said:

If Trubisky has two top WRs and a top TE is his statline different?

How many QBs have TWO top WRs AND a top TE? Mahomes, maybe (and it's a stretch to call Sammy Watkins a "top" WR). Matt Ryan, perhaps (if you get very generous with Austin Hopper and call him a top TE). Jared Goff has three top WRs, but no TE in the top 25 at the position. Carson Wentz has a top TE and middle of the pack WR. 

After a while, you've got to make dinner with what's in the fridge. This offense was vastly improved to help Trubisky, but he hasn't lived up to his side of the bargain.

46 minutes ago, Buddyboy said:

If Trubisky has two top WRs and a top TE is his statline different?

He has really good weapons and a really good OL. Are the Bear's weapons on par with Chiefs? No, but that's not the problem. 

He piled up 414 yards and 3 TDs with a bad game. I think you guys are just being way to harsh on him as a second year QB. Mahomes is on another level and its unfortunate that is the comparison but that's just the way it is. 

Just now, ET80 said:

I forgot about the Bucs, just like 99% of the universe. xD

This is very true. If anyone knew there was a team in Tampa, Cleveland wouldn't get as much hate. We're far worse historically and consistently churn out bad teams. Only difference is 0-26 happened 40 years ago and 1-31 is a lot more recent.

Mitch didn’t play well on Sunday (very Bortles-esque game) but he didn’t get much help. Burton and Cohen were the only players not dropping balls and Howard didn’t get the run game jump started (granted Nagy didn’t seem to want to do so either).

Archived