Redskins Sign 2 WR's. Why?

Ghostnote

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Floyd at least has a lot of experience in running routes in an NFL offense. I still think this is an issue for Doctson, I could be wrong but I get the feeling and have heard from those like Cooley that he isn’t the greatest route runner. 

Well we only see him run one route so I think Cooley is spot on

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

In other words, we need a bunch of Santana Moss'es

PRich has done well in getting off the line and getting separation as does Crowder. Garçon and Djax did before them. It remains to be seen with Floyd and Perriman but so far Doctson has struggled to get open quickly with his route running. 

It seems the people who scouted him didn’t do well in scouting for Gruden’s offense. I will say something to counter @e16bball in Cincy, Gruden and Lewis drafted big WRs and those 3 - Green, Jones and Sanu - were able to get open in his offense with good route running and get up and high point balls and make plays in every way.

We seem to be blaming the coaching staff because Doctson isn’t working out, I’m not really sure it’s entirley their fault. They didn’t draft him and his first year was lost to injury and he’s been an inconsistent route runner with inconsistent hands the 16 games or so he’s been playing.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

except that the guy in charge of the operation played QB in the 80s and won a damn SB with two little WRs that nobody could cover

Loved everything you said except this last part makes what I think is a fallacious assumption: that the guy "in charge" is actually in charge.

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

Well we only see him run one route so I think Cooley is spot on

Ive seen him run more than One route but I think he has issues getting off press and open quickly which is an issue in our offense. I think the catch he made vs Az was an in route or a slant and then he dropped the next one. Against Indy he had 4 receptions but the ones he dropped were huge in the first half.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Floyd at least has a lot of experience in running routes in an NFL offense. I still think this is an issue for Doctson, I could be wrong but I get the feeling and have heard from those like Cooley that he isn’t the greatest route runner. 

Doctsons been in the league for 3 years now, he should be able to do some basic route running.

Regardless this move is like putting a band aid on a shotgun blast.

Archived