Week 3: New York Giants @ Houston Texans

Acgott

30 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Barkley has the same kind of wow factor and unnatural ability that OBJ has. Those 2 are just next level athletes. So excited to see them together for the next 5 years. 

100%. They have to be the most explosive duo in the NFL. Hopefully they can live up to the potential of the pairing. It can be truly special. I really think we should try to find a modern-day dual threat QB to run the offense after Eli and run a lot of creative options and RPOs. It would space out defenses in an insane way.

PS feels good to get out first win! I actually missed the first half so I didn't get to see the offense clicking. But it was nice to see the defense come up with some clutch turnovers. Odell, Barkley and Shepard all had great games. Eli too, obviously. Once again, the protection up front almost blew the game for us.

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Knew JJ would break his sack streak vs us. Saquon is just wow. Eli has missed Odell for a TD three games in a row. It’s init a matter of time before he scores. 

Twice today he had him open for a TD. Not as egregious because he completed those for nice gains, but it is still a miss. 

16 minutes ago, Gmen said:

So how many sacks does watt have if Flowers played today?  5? 8? 

I think about the same, honestly. I have to watch it back but just from the TV broadcast copy, my thoughts are that Wheeler got a lot of help, and when he didn't, he got beat by the swim move. One of the biggest differences is that Omameh seemingly played a pretty good game. The other is that Eli was comfortable. Even if he is under a lot of pressure, it seems to all be in his head. If he feels comfortable, he plays a whole lot better. 

22 minutes ago, Gmen said:

So how many sacks does watt have if Flowers played today?  5? 8? 

But the first sack, the strip-sack in the red zone, Watt was obviously offsides. Big missed call by the refs. I dont hold that against Wheeler. The other 2 sacks the Texans schemed well to get Watt one on one with Wheeler and Watt dominated. The 2nd half the Texans made more adjustments than we did. Defense played really well to keep us ahead. 

Yea while watching the game off the DVR I was keeping an eye on Wheeler and he played pretty well. When 1 on 1 with Watt he struggled but that's expected. All that matters is how comfortable Eli felt and it was probably the best I've seen him look in years. He was going through his reads, wasn't going directly into panic/checkdown mode. Trusted his line and stepped up when needed. I don't know if Wheeler actually physically played better then Flowers, but if Eli believes it that's all that matters. On one of those long Barkley runs Wheeler mauled Watt from the inside and turned him which gave SB a huge lane to run through. Not sure Flowers does that. 

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

How'd the Giants offensive line look.  Heard that Flowers was benched and Wheeler got the start.  I'm guessing they played alright, since Eli is still standing but wanted your thoughts.

Much better. Greco played well at center. Wheeler got beat several times by watt, but that’s expected. Running lanes were much better

Archived