PIT WR Antonio Brown skips Monday practice

Broncofan

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is gonna be great when it comes out that AB had a legit reason for not being at work today and we all have to go "Oh...well uh....okay maybe he's not a diva and maybe things aren't completely on fire and maybe we all overreacted a little bit".

Dude...it's Tuesday.

The waiver wire doesn't open until Wed AM.   No football until Thu night.  

Don't give us reason right now.  Just give us this.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is gonna be great when it comes out that AB had a legit reason for not being at work today and we all have to go "Oh...well uh....okay maybe he's not a diva and maybe things aren't completely on fire and maybe we all overreacted a little bit".

I'm sure they'll come up with some story that doesn't make him look bad.  But he didn't call or let anyone know he wasn't going to be there, which is probably a sign that he missed on purpose and wanted this to be a story.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

He is a nobody.  He doesn't deserve a response by Antonio Brown, especially because what he said was pure nonsense and untrue.  The fact that Brown even acknowledges stupid stuff like this is really surprising to me.  The person who posted that Tweet is someone who bashes the Steelers all the time.

Well a nobody would the likes of you or me tweeting him and responding. The guy use to be a PR assistant for the Steelers. So Brown prolly had some interaction with him, big or small cause it was with the PR department. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I'm sure they'll come up with some story that doesn't make him look bad.  But he didn't call or let anyone know he wasn't going to be there, which is probably a sign that he missed on purpose and wanted this to be a story.

For sure, but there's always the off-chance a family emergency happened or something like that, too.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He is a diva regardless of the reason he missed....this is just the latest episode. 

He has done diva things before.

Definitely not a good look, but not sure I’m willing to throw anyone under the bus until details come out. Brown has always been a very individualistic player (as many modern day NFL athletes are), so I’m not against calling him a diva WR, but I’d like to know more about the situation before blasting him.

45 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He is also a highly paid professional who should conduct himself more professionally.   

As a pro athlete, you have to be able to deal with criticism.    Joe Thomas played for your team despite all the issues and he never complained.    Not once.    Brown gets pissy because the media and fans are being mean because he complained about not getting enough targets or Ben not being on the same page as him for a couple games.     

Well sure. He could be a professional like Cam Heyward and be a stud and life would be great. But as far as being great and having some issues, the greatness overwhelms the issues and you put up with it the best you can without giving him full autonomy. The Browns waited out years for Josh Gordon for one reason only, he is great when on the field.

If Brown were average he would have been released awhile ago. He isn't so the Steelers are just going to have to find a way to reel him in, somehow.

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well a nobody would the likes of you or me tweeting him and responding. The guy use to be a PR assistant for the Steelers. So Brown prolly had some interaction with him, big or small cause it was with the PR department. 

He knows them personally, he spent a lot of time on the field with them. I'm sure he interacted with some more than others so while he and Brown may not be "friends" I am sure he is friends with a lot of Steeler players.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well sure. He could be a professional like Cam Heyward and be a stud and life would be great. But as far as being great and having some issues, the greatness overwhelms the issues and you put up with it the best you can without giving him full autonomy. The Browns waited out years for Josh Gordon for one reason only, he is great when on the field.

If Brown were average he would have been released awhile ago. He isn't so the Steelers are just going to have to find a way to reel him in, somehow.

I get that....star players get more leeway than average or worse players.

Still, in the end, my only argument is that Brown isnt some kind of victim in this whole mess.   He is being a baby.     I fully support him telling someone who verbally insulted him to shove it....but I dont support him putting himself above the team, which is something he has done several times.    Do we put up with it because he is great?  Yes..but that doesnt mean fans have to be happy or excuse Brown for his actions....just as Im sure Browns fans felt in regards to Josh Gordon.

Archived