PIT WR Antonio Brown skips Monday practice

Broncofan

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

Some writer from The Undefeated said that Antonio Brown threatened him via direct message because he tried to get an interview with some people in Brown's camp or something to that effect.

The Steelers need to draw the line with Brown and tell him to get rid of the social media accounts.  Or at least never post of them during the season.  Something.  The guy is a keyboard warrior, but he won't do actual interviews.

Just to follow up with this post.  Here is a post from last year from Brown's trainer where he said he refuses to work with Brown ever again.

“I don’t want to say nothing bad, but he got character issues,” Smith told me recently. “You act family, always talking God, you not really on that. Stop acting. Got people think you really living that life when you acting. You putting on for social media, bruh.

“He’s an amazing football player and amazing athlete. As far as character, he fooled me."

^That quote is from the trainer.

------------------------------------------------------------

Brown had a difficult separation with chef Nicholas Hasapoglou in 2016 — “I thought he was my friend, and that’s not the case I guess,” Hasapoglou said in a video. This spring, during a dispute over a marketing fee, Brown sent a series of profane text messages to a former business associate, who showed the messages to a reporter but asked that they not be quoted. This summer, Brown distanced himself from still another marketing company, KCB Sports, and went to STB Athletes. Brown’s representatives at STB and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In August, I direct-messaged Brailsford, the mother of Brown’s first child, on Instagram and asked for an interview.

“You sure you wanna talk to me? cause he nothing like he portray on the internet,” she responded. We then spoke briefly by phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week later, Ed Bouchette, who has covered the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette since 1985 and been honored by the Pro Football Hall of Fame, watched Brown at practice and tweeted: “Antonio Brown limps off practice after some early individual work.” It got 141 retweets and 246 likes.

Bouchette told me that shortly after his tweet, Brown confronted him in person and said, “You a racist, you a racist.” (Bouchette is white.)

https://theundefeated.com/features/steelers-antonio-brown-is-an-instagram-all-pro-but-is-that-the-full-picture/

2 hours ago, game3525 said:

It feels like the Steelers are going through the year from hell. 

if they don't get focused and coached better , they might have a record to compliment this statement. They have a difficult schedule this year, as opposed to one of the easiest in years such as last years. This year I am expecting something new weekly that shouldn't be occurring when it comes to players and conduct.  I am also getting tired of all this and maybe a really bad record is the only way changes will occur. 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We don't know what happened, but I can say from first-hand experience that if something serious happened, notifying my boss isn't the first thing I do.

weird... cause i certainly would let my bosses know somepoint that morning/day. i have a few reports and would absolutely expect to be notified that day.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I get that....star players get more leeway than average or worse players.

Still, in the end, my only argument is that Brown isnt some kind of victim in this whole mess.   He is being a baby.     I fully support him telling someone who verbally insulted him to shove it....but I dont support him putting himself above the team, which is something he has done several times.    Do we put up with it because he is great?  Yes..but that doesnt mean fans have to be happy or excuse Brown for his actions....just as Im sure Browns fans felt in regards to Josh Gordon.

He is a baby. He isn't a victim. He wasn't really verbally insulted, it may have been a bit extreme to say Ben got AB paid but he did come into the perfect situation where he had a great QB and one that worked so well with him. He probably wouldn't be looked at the same if he was on a lot of different teams. Ben extending plays and Brown continuing to play (to his credit) pretty much created the AB we now know. Since then he is heavily targeted and catered to whether it is extending his 5 catch streak or whatever it was at the risk of losses, getting garbage time stats at the end of halves or games instead of actually trying to score or pitching the ball back and breaking team rules and unwritten rules and focusing everything on how he looks. He isn't a team player. He is a great player to have on your team because he wants to be successful and that will carry over to the team but if he isn't quite right mentally, and he isn't, then there will be some drama that comes with it just like if he was an 11 year old.

Everything AB does should be expected from your average 12 year old. That is where he is mentally, or socially, or whatever but he is way too much about self satisfaction to be a great teammate but you just take it because he is AB.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t care about what Brown is off the field, but Odell gets over the top hate for the smallest of things yet AB gets very little in comparison.

You and I have been agreeing lately far too often for my liking...

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t care about what Brown is off the field, but Odell gets over the top hate for the smallest of things yet AB gets very little in comparison.

Odell gets called a locker room cancer because he likes to dance in his free time during the off-season. It's crazy. 

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Brown isnt going to get traded.

He didnt demand a trade.    He just responded to an idiot who claimed Ben made him.

Brown should be mature enough to handle silly criticism by now, though.

I agree he should have been more mature but tbh I don’t have any problems with what he said. Someone basically called him a system guy and he said he’d perform elsewhere. Of all the steeler wife receivers Ben has written a check for, AB is by far the most talented. I don’t feel he is a system guy or made by his QB.  

He's a total diva. Somebody else scored a TD against us and he was arguing with his OC about it afterward. I've lost a.lot of respect for him after that game.

I'm glad Chiefs players aren't like that. Makes Sammy Watkins almost worth that contract. They're all happy to spread the wealth and see others score.

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

I agree he should have been more mature but tbh I don’t have any problems with what he said. Someone basically called him a system guy and he said he’d perform elsewhere. Of all the steeler wife receivers Ben has written a check for, AB is by far the most talented. I don’t feel he is a system guy or made by his QB.  

I agree... I don't have a huge problem with what he did. However, considering how he's acted in the past, I think his bad attitude the last few days is a result of him not getting his touches, and I think he needs to grow up a little bit in that regard.

Archived