PIT WR Antonio Brown skips Monday practice

Broncofan

I know its nonsense but Id trade a 1st and 5th and not look back LMAO 

Brown Davis Matthews and Taylor. Good lord 

Speaking of PIT WRs. I watched that Penn st USC game and fell in love with JuJu and Adoree. I wanted them both on the titans so bad lol. I love me some Corey Davis but you could just tell those two USC guys were going to be REALLY good and they've shown that. I know random rant lol

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what draft picks  would you expect teams to offer for AB if he did want to get traded?

I could see some contender offering a 1st or 2nd, considering it’d be lower in the round and uh, Hall of Fame WRs don’t grow on trees. Brown, barring health, has a skill set that lasts in this league. I could see him being alright into his mid-30s (not top of the shop but still a productive player). 

12 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

I could see some contender offering a 1st or 2nd, considering it’d be lower in the round and uh, Hall of Fame WRs don’t grow on trees. Brown, barring health, has a skill set that lasts in this league. I could see him being alright into his mid-30s (not top of the shop but still a productive player). 

There is no way any team is offering anything near the compensation Pittsburgh would want to take that 29 million dead cap. He’s unmovable right now and he doesn’t want to be moved. 

8 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

There is no way any team is offering anything near the compensation Pittsburgh would want to take that 29 million dead cap. He’s unmovable right now and he doesn’t want to be moved. 

Exactly

Brown isnt getting traded.

Despite his prima donna behavior (which we have seen before), all it will take is one good game (which may or may not come this week) for this to all blow over.   

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Exactly

Brown isnt getting traded.

Despite his prima donna behavior (which we have seen before), all it will take is one good game (which may or may not come this week) for this to all blow over.   

He's gonna put up 200 yards against us. We should all pencil that in. Our secondary is not good. And we leave the middle of the field WIDE OPEN on almost every play.

I'm sure that'll help appease him.

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's gonna put up 200 yards against us. We should all pencil that in. Our secondary is not good. And we leave the middle of the field WIDE OPEN on almost every play.

I'm sure that'll help appease him.

Well, its less about him being open and more about Ben's accuracy being off.   If Ben was throwing the ball better, Brown would have better numbers right now.     Either Ben is rusty like he was to start last season, or something is up with his elbow.    

14 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Good point. Still, there would at least be offers. I wouldn’t be opposed to my Hawks floating a 1st your way for him. It would never happen though. His place in PIT is one I never doubted. I swear he has these sorts of outbreaks every so often. The verbiage was misconstrued by a lot of people. It was obvious that he was defending himself and not requesting a trade. 

Interesting question for PIT fans: I had a friend vehemently argue against Brown’s importance for the Steelers (what with the rise of JuJu and the talent of James Washington) and that Bell is more important for the offense. Were Brown to hypothetically be shipped and money made available (obviously the dead money wouldn’t allow for this to happen irl), would you be opposed to allocating that money to paying Bell?

I argued against. What with bridges seemingly burned, the success of other RBs that have played in his stead, Bell’s age, touch-total and steady decline in efficiency.. it seems stupid to pay him long-term, if you’re the Steelers. I thought so when he was originally slapped with the tag this year, and even more so now.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:02 PM, Danger said:

Drama Town. If Pittsburgh doesn't start winning we could see a regime change at the end of this season.

You don't understand how Pittsburgh works do you? We didn't get to this status as a franchise by blowing it up every time there's a little turmoil. We had this drama in 2009... Wennt to the Super Bowl the next year. Had worse drama a few years ago. Consecutive Post-Season wins. 

On 9/18/2018 at 12:09 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree Brown had every right to respond to a troll/idiot fan, but AB is proving he is a prima donna.    You have to be able to deal with criticism as a pro athlete, and he is proving he cant handle it as well as others.     I'd hate to see how he would be reacting if he played in other cities where fans and writers are alot more ruthless than they are in Pittsburgh like New York, Philly, Dallas, etc.... 

While I agree, AB has gotten his unfair share of knocks that don't even come in Philadelphia. Say what you want about Philadelphia media but they aren't trash like Pittsburgh media. Pittsburgh media dragged Brown through the mud for showing up late to Children's Hospital. Forget the hundreds of copies of Madden he bought for those kids. The thousands of dollars he donated, and the fact that he indeed did show up and sign autographs. The fact he showed up late was all they focused on and went into tirades about how he's a selfish player, etc. It really is indicative of how we as a society treat athletes; like they're not allowed to be human and have emotions.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, One Punch Man said:

He had 17 targets. It wasn’t for a lack of trying on the Steelers’ part. Part inaccurate throws, part rust perhaps.

He’ll blow up this week or next, and we’ll all go about our business. He’s got that T.O. mindset. Minus the crying and add social media platforms.

Yes. That target where Ben aborted the snap and threw it out of the end zone 20 yards over his head to aovid the sack showed they were targeting him. And those 3 that were a good 3 yards out of bounds because Ben was inaccurate. Or the two into double coverage that should've been picked. The media cited this all week but it's nothing more than box score watching.

Brown acted like a little baby in this entire situation. His tweet was absolutely moronic because you have to know to respond better than that or not at all. But I am going to treat Antonio Brown's situation the same way I treat Kevin Durant's. It's ridiculous that sports journalists have a job where they can say and do anything out of pocket and criticize with no repercussions.

Archived