Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I'd love to see the NFL's leading rusher(Breida) have a good day, but I think we'll be playing catch-up the whole game for anything special to happen.  

I'd also love to see KC's offense get a little too cocky and throw it directly to Sherman a few times.

What I expect, though, is a shootout that gets way out of hand in the third quarter and Beathard sees some play time in the 4th.  

Prediction: 42-23 Chiefs.

The annual top 5 / bottom 5 annual thread just went up in NFL Gen, though they haven't added the bottom 5 yet. 

3 Niners in the top 5 right now. Breida is the #2 running back. Juice Check is the #2 FB. Celek is the #2 tight end. 

Buckner, Sherm, Warner (who must have graded out terribly in the Det game) were not on the top 5. 

The flaw in their grading system for corners is they don't really award playing shutdown coverage. You get higher grades for having PDs and INTs but that isn't possible if you aren't getting targeted. Hence why Patrick Peterson who to me is still the best corner in the game isn't close to being at the top of their rankings. 

I actually expect this to be a high scoring game. 38-32 chiefs. Not sure if our D can stop there offense on any drive. But I expect our Offense to put up points. The chiefs D is extremely bad. It wouldnt surprise me if we some how won. But it'll be tough game. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

:S

This has to be some sort of ploy to confuse the Chiefs. There's no way in hell that you bench your leading tackler (second in the league as well), in favor of a guy who hasn't suited up in a Niners regular season game yet. Foster and Warner should be on the field on all three downs, Smith should come in when we're in base packages. Warner has earned the right to be the starter from here on out.

16 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This has to be some sort of ploy to confuse the Chiefs. There's no way in hell that you bench your leading tackler (second in the league as well), in favor of a guy who hasn't suited up in a Niners regular season game yet. Foster and Warner should be on the field on all three downs, Smith should come in when we're in base packages. Warner has earned the right to be the starter from here on out.

Agreed. There's no reason for Smith to be getting snaps over Warner at this point. If they want to try the Smith / Foster / Warner configuration, I'm okay with that as well, but if the team is committed to having someone like Nzeocha at SAM, then Warner and Foster need to be the two other linebackers. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

It's been 26 years since we went to kc and won......

Let's not break tradition!

Just Kidding, of course! In fact, I want to win soooooooo badly...hate losing streaks and we have one in KC (well, I went to a preseason game in '04 and we won...for whatever that's worth).

Archived