Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Idk about you guys but I'm tired of hearing how we are gonna lose this game. I hope our guys hear the chatter. The eagles rode the DOG mentality to the mountains peak. I'm sitting here thinking - why not us? 

Jimmy needs to just grip it and rip it. Last year he was the quickest, most accurate gun in the west. Find it, get that mojo back young stallion. Let that arm whip fly.

He's using his hips a lot more this year when he throws it and he's certainly cleaned up some of his footwork. It will undoubtedly lead to a more accurate deep ball. But maybe that's slowing the whole process down? The quick, accurate passes were his bread and butter last year.

Its fantastic that he made the deep ball a point of emphasis and has made significant strides. He's still growing into his skillset as a QB. But maybe throwing everything out the window and just playing fast and loose is the right mindset for now. 

Kyle has been visibly frustrated the last two weeks. This could be a week we see some satisfaction on the 38 year olds face. 

This is a game we can win if things go our way. Gotta win the turnover batlle and be sound on special teams. Mostert closing in on tyreek hill will be a matchup we have to win. Part of that is on pinion. 

I would like to see two deep safeties this week. Colbert and ward. Ward has played well at FS when we've seen him there. He can cover ground. Give Witherspoon help over the top and let him be agressive underneath. 

Those jet sweeps they run are killer, Rubens gonna have to read it well and be the hammer in the middle. I hope he's been watching KC tape for the last two weeks. Who knows, probably not lol 

I'm not saying we will, I'm just saying there is a way - if we have the will (and the right game plan)

GO NINERS

His release has a quick release that hasn't changed. But he was just a bit shook after the Vikings game and that isn't all that surprising. Stafford is almost a 10 year vet and he was timid for much of the game last week as well. But the main issue is opposing defenses aren't afraid of our receivers and are playing them extremely physical at the LOS while at the same time stacking the middle of the field. This is why Goodwin is so crucial. He is the one guy that defenses respect from our receiving core and you have to give him extra attention. That will open it up for others. So yeah, if he plays Sunday then our offense will be just fine. 

Defensively I am worried all our corners are banged up. May see Ward start and that isn't going to be a good sight to see. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Idk about you guys but I'm tired of hearing how we are gonna lose this game

We aren't a very good team though, so it's not surprising. I'm not sure how good KC is either, but they've obviously looked the part of a much better team. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

We aren't a very good team though, so it's not surprising. I'm not sure how good KC is either, but they've obviously looked the part of a much better team. 

Perhaps, but who have they played?  Sure, we played the lowly Lions, but we also played a play-off favorite in the Vikings.

KC has played the Chargers and Steelers...not particularly tough schedule thus far. And yet their D is ranked last?! This may be an opportunity for Jimmy G!

21 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Perhaps, but who have they played?  Sure, we played the lowly Lions, but we also played a play-off favorite in the Vikings.

KC has played the Chargers and Steelers...not particularly tough schedule thus far. And yet their D is ranked last?! This may be an opportunity for Jimmy G!

Both of those teams were considered viable playoff candidates and super bowl hopefuls at the start of the season. Pitt has done the Jeckyl and Hyde thing for years now (particularly with the way Big Ben plays now) and game one was adversely affected by weather, and the Chargers have played fine. They both have one of the best offenses in the nfl which accounts for  some of the defensive struggles (though Eric Berry being hurt is not helpful at all). It's going to take more than 2 weeks for me to change my mind on how I viewed either of those teams before the season started. Granted, the Chiefs were helped out considerably by Bosa being hurt (chargers defense is struggling to create pressure without him), but I don't think overall you can claim that it's not a tough schedule. Those are two quality teams that they have beaten, and I fully expect us to get handled by the Chargers when we play next week.

I do expect Jimmy and the offense to have a good game. I think this will absolutely be a shootout. But the chiefs have bigger guns 

Driving and posting. Game flow will be huge. We’re not wining a shoot out, but if we can make them play from behind and grind out possessions and make them predictable, then we can win. Talent is leaning in chiefs favor but I’m a firm believer that most people in the NFL are close to each other in talent, it’s the mental and coaching aspect that puts people in places to succeed, and I’m not really worried about any of our players in regards to that. Maybe Thomas being the exception with his tragic story. So again, to my point. Don’t okay to the chiefs talent, make them play against the clock and don’t let them wreck the underneath and middle of the field.

big game for Colbert and akhrllo 

Mahomes has thrown an NFL low 9% of his pass attempts into 'tight windows'

Jimmy has thrown and NFL high 27% of his pass attempts into 'tight windows'

Saw this on ESPN, not sure what classifies a 'tight window'

Shows that our WRs arent getting open or Jimmy isnt seeing them if they are open. Also shows how open the chiefs are getting

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The Chargers have a win, the Steelers do not. Perhaps that is too black & white for some, but that is the way I see it. 

So are you saying that the Dolphins and Broncos are a tougher scheduled opponent right now than the Pats, Vikings, Packers, and Saints? Are you giving teams more credit for facing those two teams at the current point in time than if they had one of the other teams I mentioned on their schedule? 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

So are you saying that the Dolphins and Broncos are a tougher scheduled opponent right now than the Pats, Vikings, Packers, and Saints? Are you giving teams more credit for facing those two teams at the current point in time than if they had one of the other teams I mentioned on their schedule? 

I was just comparing those stated teams. Each of the teams you mention in the above quote have a win or wins. That's all that matters to me in this early part of the season.

Archived