Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

48 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Jimmy still took 4 sacks. Another positive is that he won't take a major beating this year. He was taking sacks like crazy. He's going to lose game experience though, and when he comes back he'll be 27 going on 28 having started only a few games. 

Wouldn't mind if we used all our draft picks/free agency resources on offensive line and edge rush next year. 

Offensive line hasn't played all that bad the last two games tbh. Our run blocking has been awesome and Jimmy G had good protection for the most part. A few times when Staley and McGlinchey got beat badly it was bad, but the other sacks were fine. He was actually throwing the ball away today unlike last week. 

There is no silver lining in him getting hurt. It is brutal. Our offense and Jimmy G seemed to finally be getting in rhythm and he tears his ACL. 

I'm all in getting a couple of edge rushers early and often next draft. 

But man I'm not sure we end up getting Bosa like some think. There are A LOT of pathetic teams this year. Going to have some fierce competition for the top pick. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Offensive line hasn't played all that bad the last two games tbh. Our run blocking has been awesome and Jimmy G had good protection for the most part. A few times when Staley and McGlinchey got beat badly it was bad, but the other sacks were fine. He was actually throwing the ball away today unlike last week. 

There is no silver lining in him getting hurt. It is brutal. Our offense and Jimmy G seemed to finally be getting in rhythm and he tears his ACL. 

I'm all in getting a couple of edge rushers early and often next draft. 

But man I'm not sure we end up getting Bosa like some think. There are A LOT of pathetic teams this year. Going to have some fierce competition for the top pick. 

For sure. Ferrell is an acceptable substitute, and I'm starting to dig sweat. Woefully undersized, but explosive and bends an edge

Remember how good we were at defending opposing TEs last year? Remember how good Reid was in man coverage against opposing TEs last year? Unreal that he doesn't have a job, and really not a job in SF.

I'm interested in seeing more of Reed at FS. Definitely took some lumps today, but if Colbert can't go next week then we will see what we got in Reed. Colbert hasn't impressed all season. 

47 minutes ago, John232 said:

Just utterly crushed still.

Same, we finally had hope and then boom, it's vanished. The games won't even be fun to watch anymore which sucks the most. 

In other news, will also suck if Sherman is out for more than a few weeks. Dude has allowed 1 catch in three games on six targets. Has more PDs (2) than catches allowed. And even worse for him, he was probably on his way to the Pro Bowl if he continued this play and would have guaranteed his salary for next season. Now even that is in jeopardy.

Also, really not sure how I feel about Garcon taking time from the youngsters. If he isn't going to make those tough catches down the middle of the field, what is his true value? Is it worth taking time from guys like Pettis, who didn't even see a target today? 

Depressed, man I'm depressed….. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Same, we finally had hope and then boom, it's vanished. The games won't even be fun to watch anymore which sucks the most. 

In other news, will also suck if Sherman is out for more than a few weeks. Dude has allowed 1 catch in three games on six targets. Has more PDs (2) than catches allowed. And even worse for him, he was probably on his way to the Pro Bowl if he continued this play and would have guaranteed his salary for next season. Now even that is in jeopardy.

Also, really not sure how I feel about Garcon taking time from the youngsters. If he isn't going to make those tough catches down the middle of the field, what is his true value? Is it worth taking time from guys like Pettis, who didn't even see a target today? 

Depressed, man I'm depressed….. 

Very unimpressed with Garcon so far this season. Time may have caught him. Still had a mean block, but I'm not really sure what we can count on him for

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Very unimpressed with Garcon so far this season. Time may have caught him. Still had a mean block, but I'm not really sure what we can count on him for

Like I said, if he isn't going to make those tough catches down the middle of the field, is it really worth him playing over the youngsters? Maybe he is at the point of his career where it is no longer worth it for him to take those types of hits anymore. 

And Trent Taylor is really struggling with the physicality of opposing DBs. They are getting after him at the LOS and he can't shake free. 

Really think Garçon’s neck injury might have been more than we thought. Manning had such a clear strength decline after his. I get it, different injury, but to me it just really looks like Garçon lacks the hand strength he’s had his whole career. 

And as for Taylor, I don’t know that he’s gonna make it. Seems like teams have some tape on him and figured out how to just jam him at the line and keep him from getting into his routes. 

17 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Really think Garçon’s neck injury might have been more than we thought. Manning had such a clear strength decline after his. I get it, different injury, but to me it just really looks like Garçon lacks the hand strength he’s had his whole career. 

And as for Taylor, I don’t know that he’s gonna make it. Seems like teams have some tape on him and figured out how to just jam him at the line and keep him from getting into his routes. 

Good point, the neck injury he suffered last year possibly changed his outlook on the game. Like this guy was one of the toughest WRs in the game just a few years ago and now he is alligatoring arm passes and dropping more passes than he did last year. 

As for Taylor, this could very well be it. He may just not be able to beat press coverage at this level. I would love to see what Richie James can do. Different level of an athlete and more explosive. 

11 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Yeah I just heard Sherman is in a walking boot so more than likely he will be out for a couple of weeks, so with him and Jimmy out it’s going to be rough for us to get these wins, just like last year (basically). 

Even if we had Sherman, with no Jimmy G i'm not expecting any wins. Maybe against the Cards, but that's it. No other game I will be favoring us, and if Rosen is competent, maybe that won't happen either. 

What's with the Garcon hate, did I miss something?? He didn't drop anything he should have caught today as far as I saw. I did see Jimmy G clearly overthrow him when he was wide open though. As far as taking targets away from the youngsters, well until they learn to play with some physicality and not get man-handled in press-man, Garcon will be needed. He's the only WR who isn't a world class sprinter who can deal with press-coverage. The rest just fold like a peice of tissue. Pettis didn't get targets because he didn't get open. The only guys that seem to consistently get separation and have a knack for creating a window for the QB are Goodwin, Kittle, and Garcon. The rest are very up and down. Garcon may not have the speed he once had, but just like we saw from Boldin, he just has the ability to create separation in man coverage through crafty route-routing. He's definitely still an asset to the offense. The only tough catch I remember him dropping was the one in the Vikings game. I haven't seen anything else that would warrant him being benched in favor of anyone else. 

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I will say today sucked but at less we aren't stuck with Gruden for 10 years. 

Well I would say at least we didn't get blown out by the Bills.  Football is week to week...can't take anything for granted. Sucks about Jimmy but I'm one who has always believed that adversity brings teams/ppl together. On to the Chargers...

Archived