Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

No, Jimmy deserves blame for his decision. You go out of bounds instead of trying to cut back against the grain, and barrel yourself into a defender like you're Cam Newton. You're the one guy on the team that absolutely cannot miss time, and stunts like that are what get you injured. Get what you can, and go out of bounds.

His football IQ overall has taken an absolute nosedive since last year. 2019 it's put up or shut up time. Zero excuses for lackluster play. 

How hyoed were you in Jimmy last year, that you’re acting like he was playing like a bottom 5 QB now? He was making largely the same kind of choices last year. The difference is position players are not making plays like they did last year. The difference is the gun slinging and “play making” he was doing this year is actually getting him in more trouble. Furthermore, he has started less than a season, he’s going to be 27 and most QB’s hit their prime in their 30’s. But sure cry more about wanting to draft Mahommes despite him going to a perfect situation with an elite talent level around him.  And don’t confuse any of this as “excuses” this literally talking about player development. IF you expect anyone to immediately walk into grayness you’re either expecting the greatest talent of our time or you’re expectations are wildly misplaced and unfounded. These things unfortunately take time. But sure. Excuses for stating that it takes time for people actually to get better. 

Also, Many posters on this forum called this as being something that can bite him in the ***. You seem intent on finding every little thing wrong with him to the point of blaming him for an injury that is luck related.

Now if he lowered his shoulder and broke his collar bone, sure, you can blame him for that. But that’s not what happens. He could have cut on a scramble down the middle of the field and the same thing could happen.

I can give you the podiatrist information if you want it. He’s the director of podiatry at A Kaiser hospital. Literally an injury based on dumb luck, leg position and torques you are objectively wrong in blaming him for tearing his ACL. Injuries.happen. Stop trying to blame someone for it. **** happens.

Anyways I’m done dignifying your opinion on Jimmy. It’s baed in your own personal expectations and not anything grounded in reality.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I really want to see something more out of the youngsters on defense. This is something that is really concerning to me. The pass rush is a major issue, and obviously a better one (Bosa, Ferrell, etc) would help make the secondary better, but Spoon certainly hasn't looked great. Sherman looked good, but he'll be heading into his age 31 season, has had the achilles injury and now an unknown calf injury that could sideline him for a while, which means we need to certainly be looking at cornerback in the draft and free agency as well, particularly since I can't see us bringing back Ward. Colbert has not looked good at all this year, which means safety could be a need. Tartt has been a little inconsistent, and the injuries are starting to mount up. These are concerns for me. 

I'm not making any judgement on Spoon yet. So far only one bad game. Yesterday that DPI call was ticky tack and questionable. That is a play Sherman wouldn't have been called for but they called it on Witherspoon. Actually he has been screwed on a few calls. Last week he gets pushed by Golladay and they called a holding penalty on him. 

As for Colbert, I'll give him some time but not looking good thus far. Reed on the other hand was a bit out of control but played extremely hard and closes well. Got lucky Mahomes overthrew the WR on a double move that he got beat on badly. But he is a gamer and I'm sure he will be successful where ever he ends up playing at. 

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

If Jimmy had stepped out rather than try to juke or resist the defender, he would have played the rest of the game. Decisions determine destiny. 

This logic is so incredibly flawed. But sure, blame some for an injury from a motion that is done literally thousands of times ins season. Make sure if you ever talk to Jimmy to say “hey next time you make a cut, don’t think about the play, don’t think about the LBer bearing down on you, think about your ACL when you avoid a tackle or try to make a play”

maybe Dalvin Cook should think about not cutting. take his destiny into his hands. Maybe Richard Sherman should not plant and run.

this might literally be the most retarded ******* debate I’ve ever seen. Torn ligaments are not preventable. This is baffling that you guys are blaming him for this injury based on him choosing to cut. Something done all the time

11 minutes ago, John232 said:

This logic is so incredibly flawed. But sure, blame some for an injury from a motion that is done literally thousands of times ins season. Make sure if you ever talk to Jimmy to say “hey next time you make a cut, don’t think about the play, don’t think about the LBer bearing down on you, think about your ACL when you avoid a tackle or try to make a play”

maybe Dalvin Cook should think about not cutting. take his destiny into his hands. Maybe Richard Sherman should not plant and run.

this might literally be the most retarded ******* debate I’ve ever seen. Torn ligaments are not preventable. This is baffling that you guys are blaming him for this injury based on him choosing to cut. Something done all the time

Hey, you might think so, but think about it: If he simply steps out, what happens? Nothing. He plays another down. It's quite simple.

And thanks for being such an eloquent debater. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not making any judgement on Spoon yet. So far only one bad game. Yesterday that DPI call was ticky tack and questionable. That is a play Sherman wouldn't have been called for but they called it on Witherspoon. Actually he has been screwed on a few calls. Last week he gets pushed by Golladay and they called a holding penalty on him. 

As for Colbert, I'll give him some time but not looking good thus far. Reed on the other hand was a bit out of control but played extremely hard and closes well. Got lucky Mahomes overthrew the WR on a double move that he got beat on badly. But he is a gamer and I'm sure he will be successful where ever he ends up playing at. 

I really like Reed but I feel like his just moonlighting@FS. I didnt like the idea of moving him to FS and though he hasn't looked bad at all there, I still think they're doing him a disservice by not letting him just back-up the slot and focus on honing his skills there. I understand Williams and Ward may have been ahead him there when he was drafted but you are what you are. Like I said earlier, with the season now pretty much over with Jimmy's injury, let the young guys who you plan on being here and contributing play and take their lumps.  Let Ward back-up Colbert and let Reed play his more natural position and back-up Williams in the slot.

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hey, you might think so, but think about it: If he simply steps out, what happens? Nothing. He plays another down. It's quite simple.

And then maybe it blows two plays later when he has to cut. Or 10 plays later. 

@John232 is saying that because it's a ligament issue, there's no avoiding it. It's going to pop at some point. If it hadn't been that play, it would have been another one. Stepping out there doesn't prevent the injury, simply delays it. It's basically a theory that the ligament is just a ticking time bomb. 

I have no idea whether or not that is accurate as I think some acl tears are highly situation dependent from getting a weird plant or having your leg fallen on or twisted at wrong angles (IE, Bowman) or whatever. And I think that some players are just ticking time bombs for their acls. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have no idea whether or not that is accurate as I think some acl tears are highly situation dependent from getting a weird plant or having fallen on (IE, Bowman) or whatever. And I think that some players are just ticking time bombs for their acls. 

None of us do. But it certainly would not have blown out then, because that motion would not have been made.

Decisions determine destiny. It is that way for all of us.

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

@John232 is saying that because it's a ligament issue, there's no avoiding it. It's going to pop at some point. If it hadn't been that play, it would have been another one. Stepping out there doesn't prevent the injury, simply delays it. It's basically a theory that the ligament is just a ticking time bomb. 

I have no idea whether or not that is accurate as I think some acl tears are highly situation dependent from getting a weird plant or having fallen on (IE, Bowman) or whatever. And I think that some players are just ticking time bombs for their acls. 

Ding ding ding.

again. I am not saying this is a retarded debate because I don’t like the idea of jimmy making a wrong choice. I don’t like the debate because it’s not based on anything scientific. My father in law is the director of podiatry. I was in the car with him when jimmy fore his acl. He said the only thing that MIGHT have prevented this is a lot of time spent on strengthening the muscles around the ligaments. But that takes a ton of time.

thats why this debate isn’t deserving of any eloquence @Chrissooner49er. It’s a frustratingly stupid narrative being pushed by everyone now who has no idea what they’re talking about. Again, if he takes a helmet to helmet hit, he deserves every bit of criticism he gets a but it was a non contact cut that’s pretty routine. Anyone whose ever played a sport knows your not thinking about Something that routine. It’s jusf going to be excruciating seeing people hold this against jimmy as well as two average games as a reason as to why he’s a bust. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Bowman situation is an exemple of a contact tear. Then you have the type where its more about the foot being stuck in the ground which for this one both aren't the case. As soon as he planted his foot for the cut you see his knee giving out which means there already was something weakened in there because else that doesn't happen.

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

None of us do. But it certainly would not have blown out then, because that motion would not have been made.

Decisions determine destiny. It is that way for all of us.

Do you not see why this is flawed logic? 

Just now, Justone2 said:

The Bowman situation is an exemple of a contact tear. Then you have the type where its more about the foot being stuck in the ground which for this one both aren't the case. As soon as he planted his foot for the cut you see his knee giving out which means there already was something weakened in there because else that doesn't happen.

No way for us to know that why speculate much less blame him for it. Even a doctor wouldn’t presume to know everything without prior details or knowledge.

the only thing is he might not have great strength Around the ligaments for whatever reason. Obviously that won’t be a problem going forward since it’s going to be a focus for him.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Exactly. Personally, I'd agree that I think in this situation, his acl was likely a ticking time bomb. He didn't even plant awkwardly from what I saw. The knee simply buckled and gave out, and as you said, it shouldn't have done that without issues already present in the knee. 

I will admit that when we first were getting the reports, I thought the injury was caused by the hit, so I had blamed Jimmy from the start. Then you see on the replay where the knee clearly  buckles before the defender is there or touches him. I don't think it was likely that this was going to be avoidable. 

Archived