Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

The two people you quoted don't speak for every Saints fan. Just like you don't speak for every 49ers fan. If Jimmy had scored I'd be happy, but state that he got lucky and could have been seriously injured.

So not 100% outcome based.

Well, you complain about everything, so that's hardly a point I find persuasive. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Sure, and everyone would say that about their QB. But you guys aren't complaining about it- it worked. We needed a touchdown when Garoppolo went down. Worked for one - didn't for the other. So one fan base sees a great play, the other sees a terrible play. Totally outcome-based.

Ok, I'm not arguing about Jimmy G, just saying I'd rather Brees not do what he did yesterday.  Every time Brees runs, I cringe because he looks like a little kid when those LBers come bearing down on him.  But he almost always knows when to slide and avoid a hit.

But because he didn't get hurt, and scored a TD on the play that kept us alive, I'll live with it.  Plus, it was hilarious anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Ok, I'm not arguing about Jimmy G, just saying I'd rather Brees not do what he did yesterday.  Every time Brees runs, I cringe because he looks like a little kid when those LBers come bearing down on him.  But he almost always knows when to slide and avoid a hit.

But because he didn't get hurt, and scored a TD on the play that kept us alive, I'll live with it.  Plus, it was hilarious anyway. 

Exactly. 

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

The last part is my point. We have pages of individuals who are blaming a football player for making a football move. A move nobody wants to see and hold their breath while it happens, but will only voice three pages of complaints about it based on the outcome. Until I quoted you, you had no complaints. There was nothing to complain about. 

If it were a matter of principle, you'd have said it was a stupid decision even though it worked. Instead- it was a goat spin move (and it really was). As you said, it worked so it doesn't matter. Exactly the point. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

And your posts are usually nonsensical to me, so your initial statement never really held water anyway. 

Yet you wasted a ton of time responding. An odd thing to do for something you found nonsensical. I ignore nonsensical things. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Until I quoted you, you had no complaints. There was nothing to complain about. 

If it were a matter of principle, you'd have said it was a stupid decision even though it worked. Instead- it was a goat spin move (and it really was). As you said, it worked so it doesn't matter. Exactly the point. 

No, I cringed immediately just like I always do when Brees runs. 

The GOAT spin move thing was said in jest.  It was a slow spin move, an old man QB that looks like a child, and two defenders bearing down on him.  I definitely wanted him to slide.  It worked because nobody expects Brees to actually try to do something like that, and the defenders were probably holding back trying to avoid a penalty if he slid at the last minute.  9/10 times, Brees gets demolished on that play.

But, on the flip side, it's extremely rare for Brees to try something like that, and I'm not concerned about it being something he's gonna try every week.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Yet you're the only one that's passing the notion. 

Do us both a favor and stop talking to me. And I'll stop talking to you. 

Publicly, sure. And I would be absolutely thrilled if you stopped responding to me. Works tremendously in my favor.

7 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

No, I cringed immediately just like I always do when Brees runs. 

The GOAT spin move thing was said in jest.  It was a slow spin move, an old man QB that looks like a child, and two defenders bearing down on him.  I definitely wanted him to slide.  It worked because nobody expects Brees to actually try to do something like that, and the defenders were probably holding back trying to avoid a penalty if he slid at the last minute.  9/10 times, Brees gets demolished on that play.

But, on the flip side, it's extremely rare for Brees to try something like that, and I'm not concerned about it being something he's gonna try every week.

It's too late. Someone is already deciding how to think and feel for you. 

You fought the good fight though. 

Archived