Week 3 GDT - Titans @ Jaguars

FutureIsWhite

16 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Also I think it's hilarious how the season was over after week 1 but since we beat the Texans last week got a bunch of people confident that the team can go beat Jacksonville on the road most likely without Mariota and most likely with Pamphile or Marz at right tackle.

Just like the world wasn't coming to an end when we lost week 1, we aren't world beaters because we beat the Texans.

I figure Bortles is awful like he generally is against us but their defense does enough to stop the Gabbert show and win like a 9-6 ugly *** game circa 2007/2008 Ten/Jax matchups.

Take our losses the next two weeks and hope Mariota is healthy when we go and take on the Buffalo Bills who barely qualify as an NFL team at this point and start our hopeful run towards playoff contention from there.

Sky was never falling from my point of view after week 1. Game was super odd. And no we aren't world beaters but as we get healthier my confidence is going up And we did just beat a team that was supposed be right there with the jags in the race for the south with out out top 3 players on offense and our RT and backup tackle. A team that put 57 on us last year. idk I think its a big win! And imo the jags arent the best team in the NFL. Wait till Blake starts to Blake. Defense is amazing but we really do match up with them well. No Walker is going to hurt but  They are going to be pressing imo to wipe out those two loses last year And I just don't think they've played a team with a pass rush. Bend but don't break. Hold them to FGs. Hope Marcus is a go and can make some throws and use his legs and if not hope the defense plays the game of the year! Also I think this is the week we need to see a trick play with Adoree and Taylor! 

And I don't see why Philly at home is a auto L.. or the Bills is a auto W. This is the NFL. We really never know

22 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Lies. We can compete with Jacksonville any day of the week. 

So the point was, with the injuries we faced last week....if they carried over into this week, no reasonable person would give us a chance. Playing against a top 2 defense on the road, with our4th and 5th string T, back up QB, and no Delaine Walker...we would have extremely long odds of even keeping it close. Yes, it is the NFL...any team, any day can win or lose. 

Both teams at full strenght I think that anyone other than a Titans fan would say the Jags are better RIGHT NOW, I have little doubt that they are the better team RIGHT NOW, but the best team doesn't always win!!!

With the injuries looking more positive I would say we lose a one possession game...again, I hope I am terribly wrong!!!

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If Mariota is taking the majority of the reps at practice in team periods, I'd think he would start. If it's only a slight majority it probably means they're just leaning towards him starting.

Seems like it’s the former

Even if logic says we shouldn't win based on their defense....until they prove they can beat us, more specifically....until this version of Blake Bortles (minus Hurns/Robinson) proves he can beat us, I won't be scared of this team. 
To me, Yeldon and Grant are their real weapons. I hope Fournette plays. I think he limits their team. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Even if logic says we shouldn't win based on their defense....until they prove they can beat us, more specifically....until this version of Blake Bortles (minus Hurns/Robinson) proves he can beat us, I won't be scared of this team. 
To me, Yeldon and Grant are their real weapons. I hope Fournette plays. I think he limits their team. 

Fournette or not, I'm confident in our defense.  Just keep Adoree on Cole.  If Mariota, Lewan, Conklin , and Kelly play, suddenly I'm feeling somewhat confident suddenly.

52 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Fournette doesnt limit the team at all. The Jags just decide to be extremely conservative when he is in. What they did this past Sunday, they can do exactly the same thing with Fournette in there. 

If that’s what they’ll do on Sunday, we will see. 

9 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Fournette doesnt limit the team at all. The Jags just decide to be extremely conservative when he is in. What they did this past Sunday, they can do exactly the same thing with Fournette in there. 

If that’s what they’ll do on Sunday, we will see. 

That's what I meant I guess.  The team plays different with him, in the past. They call a different game. One that has historically benefited us. 

I hope he plays for that reason. Not to say he wouldn't run for 180 yards against us. But just seems and feels different when they've played in the past. 

I have more confidence going against the Jags than the Texans. Just because of history. But things change quick and y'all maybe the best. 

Shall see. 

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

That's what I meant I guess.  The team plays different with him, in the past. They call a different game. One that has historically benefited us. 

I hope he plays for that reason. Not to say he wouldn't run for 180 yards against us. But just seems and feels different when they've played in the past. 

I have more confidence going against the Jags than the Texans. Just because of history. But things change quick and y'all maybe the best. 

Shall see. 

Yeah, Hackett is a good OC imo and if he gets this offense humming he could be in line for HC interviews, but the man needs to figure out how to be balanced when Fournette is in there.

He is definitely better/more dangerous than the other two backs, but with how Hackett playcalls with the other two is way more dangerous. So if that's what y'all mean, I agree completely.

We'll see if he takes that step this week or goes back to being extremely conservative/not allowing Blake to just play (like they do when Fournette is out when we're 4-0). If we go conservative, that definitely increases your guys's chances significantly imo.

Archived