Week 3 GDT - Titans @ Jaguars

FutureIsWhite

11 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I’m sitting in a chemo chair going on 7 hours now and hoping to get some nice Titans talk going and your going to delete my post . Man your guys priorities are certainly more serious then mine . 

I'm sorry man, I was just joking as I don't believe in curses. Sorry to hear about your situation, no offense intended. Pound that turmeric curcumin - that stuff is the real deal.

On a Titans related note, I really don't think Marcus goes this week. That being said, Gabbert did beat Jacksonville last year in Arizona so both our QB's were 3-0 against them lol. Either way, I think Vrabel's game plan will look a lot similar to how we went about taking care of business against Houston on Sunday. Take care of the ball, don't abandon the run, execute during critical junctures, stout defense (rushing defense must be better), create turnovers, stay aggressive, and be great at special teams. 

As for Jacksonville, we match up well with them but we're gonna need Lewan and Kelly back for this one to even have a shot imo. Jacksonville is much better than Houston. Robinson tore his ACL, but apparently their backup filled in nicely so I'm not expecting a huge drop off. Fournette probably returns for them this week as well but I'm not particularly scared of him as he only averaged 3.3 ypc against us last year. If he has a good game I think it will have a lot more to do with our rushing defense taking a step back from last year than it does with Fournette being some kind of force we can't stop given how ineffective he was against us. And honestly, the signs kind of point to that being the case if weeks 1 and 2 were any indication. We'll see if we can step it up. As for their receivers, I'm not really concerned with them either even though I'm sure they will make a play or two. Our secondary is much better than New England's as is our pass rush so Bortles won't be throwing for 350+ and 4 TD's again. He'll come back down to earth and we'll see something closer to his week 1 performance of 176/1/1/5.3.

Like last week's game I'm not expecting to come away with a W, but I do expect a low scoring game. I'll throw out my prediction when we get closer to game day and we see what's going on with all the injuries. I can live with a loss as long as we don't lose any more guys.

I appreciate the kind words from all of you.  Two years ago I was a psl and season ticket holder for the Titans and now I’m cooped up in upstate NY trying to beat this thing . I’ll eventually be back I’m confident in that but for now the Sunday ticket will have to do. All this being said if there’s one thing I hate more then this cancer it’s the Jags.  So let’s Titans up and give them a taste of there own medicine in there house. 

5 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I appreciate the kind words from all of you.  Two years ago I was a psl and season ticket holder for the Titans and now I’m cooped up in upstate NY trying to beat this thing . I’ll eventually be back I’m confident in that but for now the Sunday ticket will have to do. All this being said if there’s one thing I hate more then this cancer it’s the Jags.  So let’s Titans up and give them a taste of there own medicine in there house. 

May I ask what cancer you were diagnosed with?

40 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

May I ask what cancer you were diagnosed with?

I found a lump on my Left testy  and  thought it was a hernia because I helped my buddy lift furniture the day before so I put it aside because I didn’t think it was anything much . So I waited like a moron until I couldn’t take the pain anymore and the lump was getting bigger at the same time so I started to suspect something . Boom (stage 3 testicular cancer) that traveled all over my body including my right lung . Same Cancer as Lance Armstrong .. this is a beatable Cancer and I have tons of support . Not to mention I haven’t seen a Super Bowl win yet for the our boys . 

So if I taught you guys anything today it’s get help if you find a lunp, I wouldn’t be here right now if I got help early. 

Titan up Btw 

20 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I found a lump on my Left testy  and  thought it was a hernia because I helped my buddy lift furniture the day before so I put it aside because I didn’t think it was anything much . So I waited like a moron until I couldn’t take the pain anymore and the lump was getting bigger at the same time so I started to suspect something . Boom (stage 3 testicular cancer) that traveled all over my body including my right lung . Same Cancer as Lance Armstrong .. this is a beatable Cancer and I have tons of support . Not to mention I haven’t seen a Super Bowl win yet for the our boys . 

So if I taught you guys anything today it’s get help if you find a lunp, I wouldn’t be here right now if I got help early. 

Titan up Btw 

I’m praying for ya. My boss found out a couple months ago he had pancreatic cancer (every cancer is terrible but that is one of the worst). He just went through chemo and now is almost done with his proton therapy. Then he will have to wait a month to see if it’s shrunk enough to get it removed.

Cancer sucks man.

5 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Titan up Btw 

OOooo Oooo Oooo!spartans-what-is-your-profession-1024x42

This will be our second game in that hellish September Florida humidity in the first 3 weeks, so that's a bit of bad luck with the schedule. 

I have a feeling Mariota still doesn't play. 

Our defense keeps it close, but Gabbert Gabberts down the stretch, our D wears out in the 2nd half due to an ineffective offense,  and we ultimately lose this week.

7 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Titan up Btw 

When you say "found a lump" what exactly did it feel like? Occasionally I think I feel one, then later on can't find it again. A friend recently lost one ******** to cancer so I've been paranoid about it. Good luck with all the chemo. 

Archived