Week 3 GDT - Titans @ Jaguars

FutureIsWhite

4 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Is what it is. Truth is I’m just not sold on Bortles doing to us what he did to NE. After the comments from Casey and Byard talking about trying to make Brady look like Bortles I was convinced the Titans Defense isn’t scared of Bortles. 

I know Cole and Westbrook had great games and highlight reel catches but the think the Titans secondary is better than the Pats and the Titans can matchup well with them.

Jags may still win this game. We have no idea what we will get out of either QB. 

I will say one matchup I am interested in is ASJ. Titans havnt played a good TE yet and even when we have beaten the Jags their TEs always find a way to score on us. So the Titans LBs will have their first real challenge this week

I have no idea how that correlates at all to last week "being our SB". If you think we're a bad team fine, but it still makes no sense in the grand scheme of things.

Also, the Patriots defense said the same thing about Blake going into the game last week. They said "stop the run and let Bortles beat us". Well,,,,,,,

And yes, I don't see why we wouldn't have a fit over it. This team made it to the AFCCG and was up by two scores going into the 4th quarter iin Foxborough last year against Tom Brady before falling in the final minutes. Why would week 2 the following season "be our SB" or "biggest game"? Maybe 2+ years ago when we were trash you could say a regular season game would be "our SB", but not when we're a legit contender, whether you think so or not (last year on top of 2-0/beating NE to start this year gives us more than enough reason to say so).

The line doesn't even make sense.

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And the Dolphins the previous year in light blues.  I like the light blues. :)

I also like the light blues, They are my fav. Although those whites we were sunday.

But I LOVE the light blues on white.

Anyways I was watching highlights of the jags games. In the offseason when the media talked about the the AFC south it was all about the Jags and Texans. Jags were one game away from the super bowl. Watson was put in the hall of fame. Mean while we go on the road in KC and come back from 21-3. If the pats or steelers had done that they would still be talking about it. Well with Morgan and Landry back which made Casey and Rak that much better we had Watson on the run the whole day. 

Now on the Jags. the hottest team not named the rams atm. They just knocked off the team that cost them a super bowl trip. People are picking them the go to the super bowl. And no one talks about how we swept them. there will be zero people picking us to win this game. But honestly... They've played two teams with bad pass rushes. Blake has been sacked one time on 78 drop backs. He did do a good job at avoiding some sacks in the pats game but I just feel like we have a legit pass rush with Casey Rak Morgan Landry Correa.. And if Evans comes back and plays more than 1 snap lol we have a LEGIT LB core along with a LEGIT DB core.. Malcom has gave up two long passes but other than those two TDs hes played pretty well. And Adoree is starting to come on and show why hes a 1st round pick. Im happy he get his 1st pick after Hop raised his hand for the ball like he was wide open LOL and Im glad KB didnt break up the pick as well. IDK I just feel like this is the best defense the Jags have faced and I think we are going to see Blake make some mistakes and take some hits. I think we give up some runs but I really do think we are all over Blake the whole day and it might end up leading to a long pass. Hopfully Malcom turns his head around lolol.

On the offense side of the ball we should be getting Lewan back and MAYBE even Jack and that would help the running game a big but the jags do have a great Defense. Im worried this is the game we will miss Walker the most. But with Jalen on Davis should be fun to watch but I want Matthews to step up. And yeah I know can Marcus even throw the ball. We shall see but if Blaine starts he will throw a pick or two but how  great would it be if he beats his former team LOL. But Id rather Marcus play if Lewan can go.

Long story short I think this will be a defense slug fest. The Jags are flying high but wont over look us.  This is a big game for both teams and it may come down to a ST play or a bad call. Idk. 

With ALL that said I think our defense comes in with some FIRE and creates sacks and INTs and WE SHOCK the jags on the road! Im feeling it

Also I think it's hilarious how the season was over after week 1 but since we beat the Texans last week got a bunch of people confident that the team can go beat Jacksonville on the road most likely without Mariota and most likely with Pamphile or Marz at right tackle.

Just like the world wasn't coming to an end when we lost week 1, we aren't world beaters because we beat the Texans.

I figure Bortles is awful like he generally is against us but their defense does enough to stop the Gabbert show and win like a 9-6 ugly *** game circa 2007/2008 Ten/Jax matchups.

Take our losses the next two weeks and hope Mariota is healthy when we go and take on the Buffalo Bills who barely qualify as an NFL team at this point and start our hopeful run towards playoff contention from there.

51 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I have no idea how that correlates at all to last week "being our SB". If you think we're a bad team fine, but it still makes no sense in the grand scheme of things.

Also, the Patriots defense said the same thing about Blake going into the game last week. They said "stop the run and let Bortles beat us". Well,,,,,,,

And yes, I don't see why we wouldn't have a fit over it. This team made it to the AFCCG and was up by two scores going into the 4th quarter iin Foxborough last year against Tom Brady before falling in the final minutes. Why would week 2 the following season "be our SB" or "biggest game"? Maybe 2+ years ago when we were trash you could say a regular season game would be "our SB", but not when we're a legit contender, whether you think so or not (last year on top of 2-0/beating NE to start this year gives us more than enough reason to say so).

The line doesn't even make sense.

I don’t think you are a bad team I’m just not a believer in your QB.

I live in NE so I’m very familiar with the Pats and their defense isn’t that good as far as the secondary goes.

Yes the Jags had the lead in the 4th Quarter but for the last quarter of that game your team became the old Jags. Stupid penalties, bad coaching bad clock management and quite frankly played scared. There was a sequence where they called a timeout I believe and came out of the timeout and took either a delay of game penalty or a false start penalty and just crapped their pants down the stretch.

Just don’t act like when thyou schedules came out in April that the Jags didn’t have the Pats game circled on the calendar 

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t think you are a bad team I’m just not a believer in your QB.

I live in NE so I’m very familiar with the Pats and their defense isn’t that good as far as the secondary goes.

Yes the Jags had the lead in the 4th Quarter but for the last quarter of that game your team became the old Jags. Stupid penalties, bad coaching bad clock management and quite frankly played scared. There was a sequence where they called a timeout I believe and came out of the timeout and took either a delay of game penalty or a false start penalty and just crapped their pants down the stretch.

Just don’t act like when thyou schedules came out in April that the Jags didn’t have the Pats game circled on the calendar 

Ok? How does that make this game our SB? You think this game will be bigger than games in December when we're vying for a playoff spot/playoff seeding if we take care of business? You think when we get in the playoffs this game was/is bigger than those games? You think if we take that next step from last year where we made it to the AFCCG that Week 2 was our SB even though it's possible to be playing in it?

I really don't get the line "this is their SB" for any game in the regular season, but especially when the team was/is a playoff caliber team.

As far as you not liking Blake/our team, again, that's perfectly fine. Still doesn't make sense saying what you're saying. I'm not going to get in a Blake argument. You are a division rival. I don't think too highly of Mariota or your team either, but I'm not going to list any game you play in the regular season as "your SB". Are certain games bigger than others? Of course. This was an AFCCG rematch, games like that for any team that made it that far are personal. You think of the Eagles and Patriots played again it wouldn't be circled on Brady's calendar after dropping it last year? You think if/when the Vikings played the Eagles that game wouldn't be big in that Vikings locker room or be circled in April? I sure as hell think so personally.

Doesn't mean that is that team's "SB" the following season though. Not to mention there was reports Marrone kept Fournette out because this week is more important than week 2 as it's a divisional game. He would have been good to go if they absolutely needed him. Doesn't sound like a game to me that Marrone and co. went all out to win no matter the cost.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Also I think it's hilarious how the season was over after week 1 but since we beat the Texans last week got a bunch of people confident that the team can go beat Jacksonville on the road most likely without Mariota and most likely with Pamphile or Marz at right tackle.

Just like the world wasn't coming to an end when we lost week 1, we aren't world beaters because we beat the Texans.

I figure Bortles is awful like he generally is against us but their defense does enough to stop the Gabbert show and win like a 9-6 ugly *** game circa 2007/2008 Ten/Jax matchups.

Take our losses the next two weeks and hope Mariota is healthy when we go and take on the Buffalo Bills who barely qualify as an NFL team at this point and start our hopeful run towards playoff contention from there.

yeah, it's pretty wild that people are confident about winning this game, especially if we have gabbert at qb. i'd be pretty shocked if we pull it out.

43 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ok? How does that make this game our SB? You think this game will be bigger than games in December when we're vying for a playoff spot/playoff seeding if we take care of business? You think when we get in the playoffs this game was/is bigger than those games? You think if we take that next step from last year where we made it to the AFCCG that Week 2 was our SB even though it's possible to be playing in it?

I really don't get the line "this is their SB" for any game in the regular season, but especially when the team was/is a playoff caliber team.

As far as you not liking Blake/our team, again, that's perfectly fine. Still doesn't make sense saying what you're saying. I'm not going to get in a Blake argument. You are a division rival. I don't think too highly of Mariota or your team either, but I'm not going to list any game you play in the regular season as "your SB". Are certain games bigger than others? Of course. This was an AFCCG rematch, games like that for any team that made it that far are personal. You think of the Eagles and Patriots played again it wouldn't be circled on Brady's calendar after dropping it last year? You think if/when the Vikings played the Eagles that game wouldn't be big in that Vikings locker room or be circled in April? I sure as hell think so personally.

Doesn't mean that is that team's "SB" the following season though. Not to mention there was reports Marrone kept Fournette out because this week is more important than week 2 as it's a divisional game. He would have been good to go if they absolutely needed him. Doesn't sound like a game to me that Marrone and co. went all out to win no matter the cost.

When people say “their Super Bowl” they don’t mean the rest of the season is over and that your team will suck. All I mean is the Jags players their best gameaat Sunday as if it was a SB game. 

Jags will win more games Jags will be in the playoffs but the Jags were played so high out their minds last week in my opinion their is a chance you have a let down game. 

My pick as of today is the Jags win but I don’t think they win easily but If Mariota some how is a go I think the Titans do enough to pull out a W but as of now he doesn’t look like he’ll be a go so Jags should win 

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, it's pretty wild that people are confident about winning this game, especially if we have gabbert at qb. i'd be pretty shocked if we pull it out.

Ya I’m not confident at all in Gabbert to pull it out 2 weeks in a row. Titans really got a gift with Texans completely losing Cruikshank on the TD which set the tone for the first half. 

Even with Mariota playing it’s not a given we pull out a W he could be a disaster and continue to turn the ball over for all we know. 

It’s a tough ask to have the Defense stand on its head 2 weeks in a row especially in the hot sun but I suppose it is Bortles so who knows maybe he throws a pick 6

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

When people say “their Super Bowl” they don’t mean the rest of the season is over and that your team will suck. All I mean is the Jags players their best gameaat Sunday as if it was a SB game. 

Jags will win more games Jags will be in the playoffs but the Jags were played so high out their minds last week in my opinion their is a chance you have a let down game. 

My pick as of today is the Jags win but I don’t think they win easily but If Mariota some how is a go I think the Titans do enough to pull out a W but as of now he doesn’t look like he’ll be a go so Jags should win 

Idk man, maybe I'm just not understand/grasping what you mean by SB game but it still sounds odd. If you mean it was a big game and our players were hyped for it, sure. But I think there's quite a few games like that a season, so "SB game" sounds awfully odd.

This game won't be an easy one regardless of who plays QB imo. These teams hate each other and weird **** happens. I fully expect a weird game. Don't think the Pats game last week has much bearing on this as these players know we lost both meetings last year and a divisional game is much more important than a random rematch from the playoffs last year...but you never know I guess 

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Idk man, maybe I'm just not understand/grasping what you mean by SB game but it still sounds odd. If you mean it was a big game and our players were hyped for it, sure. But I think there's quite a few games like that a season, so "SB game" sounds awfully odd.

This game won't be an easy one regardless of who plays QB imo. These teams hate each other and weird **** happens. I fully expect a weird game. Don't think the Pats game last week has much bearing on this as these players know we lost both meetings last year and a divisional game is much more important than a random rematch from the playoffs last year...but you never know I guess 

For what it's worth, I didn't read his SB comment as you meaning guys were bad, but that he thought the players/fan base viewed it as a monumental win, especially because of the post season loss to them last year. When you consider what the fact that it really means "biggest game of the year" and you're coming off a season where you made it to the AFC championship, it doesn't really make sense, but I didn't read it that literal.

The bold is the real reason I replied. This is the only reason I would even consider predicting a W for the Titans with the starters that we may have out of the game. It doesn't seem to matter what the rosters look like, what the records are, who's up or who's down in the power rankings.... The Titans and Jags always play each other differently than every other team they play that season. 

This game seems like we are playing with house money...On the road, injuries galore, against one of the 2 best AFC teams, no one giving us a chance. If ths was the BUF game, we would look like garbage and possibly lose, causing FF Titania Rioting. This game that we have no business even competing, we will probably keep it close, defense will hold strong for 3 quarters, but in the end I think our anemic offense wears down our D and the score looks worse than the game actually was. 10-9 through 3 qtrs...like 24-9 final. God I hope I am wrong!!!

1 hour ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

This game seems like we are playing with house money...On the road, injuries galore, against one of the 2 best AFC teams, no one giving us a chance. If ths was the BUF game, we would look like garbage and possibly lose, causing FF Titania Rioting. This game that we have no business even competing, we will probably keep it close, defense will hold strong for 3 quarters, but in the end I think our anemic offense wears down our D and the score looks worse than the game actually was. 10-9 through 3 qtrs...like 24-9 final. God I hope I am wrong!!!

Lies. We can compete with Jacksonville any day of the week. 

I just don’t know what to exp ct in this game with a healthy Marcus and OL I think we are a better team  still if our LB can find a way to make plays get some sacks turn overs and we don’t give up big plays then we can stay in the game and then anything can happen 

On 9/18/2018 at 11:30 AM, FutureIsWhite said:

I’m sitting in a chemo chair going on 7 hours now and hoping to get some nice Titans talk going and your going to delete my post . Man your guys priorities are certainly more serious then mine . 

Sounds awful and I wish you the best.

That being said... if we lose, you know you will have to shoulder the blame for it.

Archived