Week 3 GDT - Titans @ Jaguars

FutureIsWhite

i'll risk being the heretic here and say bortles isn't as bad as he tends to play when he plays us. he's put together some decent games and settled into a role as a solid game manager QBs. there aren't a ton of those completely WTF throws he used to drop like multiple times a game. having said that, he's not gonna be striking fear into me anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'll risk being the heretic here and say bortles isn't as bad as he tends to play when he plays us. he's put together some decent games and settled into a role as a solid game manager QBs. there aren't a ton of those completely WTF throws he used to drop like multiple times a game. having said that, he's not gonna be striking fear into me anytime soon.

Yeah. I guess I can see that.

Just pray they never have to play us when it matters I guess.  

He’s bad though. He benefits from a good offensive system that coddles him more than any other quarterback in football. The majority of his throws are crossers. He’s clearly been told to avoid difficult throws and to punt and let the defense handle things.

Hell, last week was the best I’ve ever seen him and you could still count on one hand the number of completions he made into tight windows. He’s not a good quarterback. Frankly, he’s the exact same guy he was early in his career. He just has the benefit of a run game and an elite defense to take all of the pressure off of him.

There are probably 25 guys that could run the offense just as well. And at least one unemployed QB that would scare me a hell of a lot more.

I guess I'm so happy we beat the Jags I'm showing everyone the love lol. I've liked so many of your alls posts today it won't let me like anymore??? Haha

I've seen several Jags fans and a Jags article call the hit on Gabbert a questionable call. They seem to think the top of his helmet hit Gabbert in the shoulder?

In what world do they not see the top of the helmet hit Gabbert directly in the facemask, completely spin his head around, and then Gabbert leave the game with a concussion?

"Nah, man. Hit him in the shoulder."

I mean I can understand not liking the rule as it's hard for a defender to avoid, but it's been a rule for several years now and the Titans have been burned by it more than enough for me not to feel bad for it helping us for once.

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I guess I'm so happy we beat the Jags I'm showing everyone the love lol. I've liked so many of your alls posts today it won't let me like anymore??? Haha

I've seen several Jags fans and a Jags article call the hit on Gabbert a questionable call. They seem to think the top of his helmet hit Gabbert in the shoulder?

In what world do they not see the top of the helmet hit Gabbert directly in the facemask, completely spin his head around, and then Gabbert leave the game with a concussion?

"Nah, man. Hit him in the shoulder."

I mean I can understand not liking the rule as it's hard for a defender to avoid, but it's been a rule for several years now and the Titans have been burned by it more than enough for me not to feel bad for it helping us for once.

It also doesn’t even matter if he hit Gabbert in the head, he ducked and led with the crown of his helmet, which is a penalty regardless.

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Can't believe anyone would say this want wasn't a personal foul in today's NFL... 

That is called 10 our of 10 times. Not even close to questionable.

You can even barely graze the QBs head with your forearm anymore and it's 15 yards, and if you freeze that at 5 secs you see Gabberts head knocked all the way around. 

vrabel walked out of the press conference after this- you could tell he was pissed off at the question. as rough-around-the-edges as some of his habits with the media are, it really seems like it's a result of genuinely caring about the guys who play for him. 

Won’t show up in the box score but how big was Corey today? Only 2 catches but the first one was a nice catch, broken tackle, and run to get us in field goal range after a penalty put us in a hole at 1st and 20. His 2nd catch was also big time. A huge 3rd down conversion on a throw that was off target and behind him to once again put us in field goal range in crunch time. Was also inches away from a toe tap sideline touchdown. Loved seeing him get back in Ramsey’s face too on that play. That’s gonna be a fun battle to watch over the years. Corey is a warrior.

Quick hit thoughts... 

- Did Ramsey play defense today? FTP

- Mariota did what he could... But he's obviously hindered. I can probably count on one hand how many attempts he had over 10 yards (and still about as many as a healthy captain checkdown had on the other side). 

- I'm sure Gabbert missing next week... So I'll beat down the same drum once again with this  ... But we need to sign Kap

- Conklin should be back next week, and that's going to make a huge difference... Both on the ground and in pass pro

- I repeatedly said it'd take about 4 weeks for the offense to get the timing and start gelling... That's gonna get pushed back with Mariota still getting to get that feeling back in the hand 

- Sharpe though... Really dude?!?! Bum

- The defense looks to be Super Bowl caliber 

- I was wrong about Landry. His speed is insane. With Correa, we're suddenly 4 deep at one of the most impactful positions on the field 

- Casey may be having his best season so far... All Pro level for sure... But the rest of the DL needs to find themselves. Johnson had a few nice plays today, but Jones and Logan have been invisible. I'm confident they'll come around 

- When Evans also finds himself, the defense is going to be nasty. 

- I thought the hate Cyp got was mostly unwarranted... But Vaccaro has been just as good so far... We haven't missed a beat there. 

- we finally have a STs ace... CRUICKSHANK!! 

Archived