Week 3 GDT - Titans @ Jaguars

FutureIsWhite

The entire WR corps sucks.

Corey Davis is getting a ton of hype for being meh to start the year(on pace for that elite 800 yard season). At least he holds on to the ball I guess(....well, when catching it, anyway. maybe not so much after the fact). Rishard Matthews forgot how to play football. Tajae Sharpe Is who the NFL thought he was, a #5 type option. Taywan Taylor is having trouble grasping this offense just like he had trouble grasping Mularkey's offense, dude's talented, but a dumbass. Makes sense why he didn't go til the 3rd despite his production in college and ridiculous physical talent.

Thankfully LaFleur is really good at what he does and can scheme a lot of these guys open despite his best player being meh, so as long as Mariota stops pulling or tearing something or damaging a nerve every time he steps on a football field we might be ok, But I said it in the NFL news thread, losing Walker is one of the few non-QB injuries in the NFL that can completely derail a team's season. Godspeed, Delanie. Godspeed.

Speaking of the tight end position though, remember when we thought Jonnu Smith only sucked at blocking? Turns out he sucks as a receiver too.

Gonna need Mariota to stay healthy the rest of the year, cause we can't keep asking the defense to save our *** every single week like they have the past two.

Corey Davis looks like he's just waiting for more opportunities. Talent is there it's just not getting used as much as it should, the offense has got to open up and give him more looks. But on a run-heavy team that has had Gabbert under center for most of the season, I'm going to withhold my remarks for the most part. How many targets (and decent throws) has he even had his way? Favorable matchups coming up and a healthy Marcus so to me he's still a bit of a question mark. Without Delanie though and the way some of these other guys have looked he really is going to have to step up and be the main option

56 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Sharpe is bad. Whether he caught it then lost it or whatever you want to say at the end of the day it's still a drop. Corey Davis and Taywan have looked good. Sharpe has looked like crap on pretty much every play.

??? don’t make me run into traffic outside of Davis our WR have looked okay stop it, & sharpe had 1 drop. All this our WR been good ?with what QB, question how many targets does Taylor gets a game 3 games into the season & we have QB’s that can’t even make throws although 1 is injured but be real. Like I said let me sharpe wit a solid QB situation going against 3rd & 4 strings CB before I write him off. Yeah he’s not explosive as Taylor but guess what his slow non explosive a$$ still out performed Taylor & Davis as a rookie, being our #2 & at times #1 WR going against solid CB’s playing in an outdated system that couldn’t even scheme him open ?facts

54 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Corey Davis is getting a ton of hype for being meh to start the year(on pace for that elite 800 yard season). At least he holds on to the ball I guess(....well, when catching it, anyway. maybe not so much after the fact). Rishard Matthews forgot how to play football. Tajae Sharpe Is who the NFL thought he was, a #5 type option. Taywan Taylor is having trouble grasping this offense just like he had trouble grasping Mularkey's offense, dude's talented, but a dumbass. Makes sense why he didn't go til the 3rd despite his production in college and ridiculous physical talent.

Thankfully LaFleur is really good at what he does and can scheme a lot of these guys open despite his best player being meh, so as long as Mariota stops pulling or tearing something or damaging a nerve every time he steps on a football field we might be ok, But I said it in the NFL news thread, losing Walker is one of the few non-QB injuries in the NFL that can completely derail a team's season. Godspeed, Delanie. Godspeed.

Speaking of the tight end position though, remember when we thought Jonnu Smith only sucked at blocking? Turns out he sucks as a receiver too.

Gonna need Mariota to stay healthy the rest of the year, cause we can't keep asking the defense to save our *** every single week like they have the past two.

Thank you finally someone that tells the truth, ??????. Can’t just throw sharpe under the buss as if Taylor is light years better then I heard someone say Jennings, I learn that half the form doesn’t like sharpe just because he’s not explosive but they fell to look at the facts. 5th round pick rookie yr had over 500 yrds some we didn’t get out of our #5 pick or 3rd round receiver in their rookie seasons. & he was our #2 at times #1 WR, going up against the opposing teams 1st & 2nd CB. & he played in a stone age offense that couldn’t scheme him open. I rather have Tajae as a 3rd 4th WR going against 3rd & 4th string CB’s. With an offensive coordinator wit a brain. Now if we could get a QB that could stay healthy & make all the throws & knew how to throw Wide Receivers open vs waiting for them to get open. They don’t look at facts 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Thank you finally someone that tells the truth, ??????. Can’t just throw sharpe under the buss as if Taylor is light years better then I heard someone say Jennings, I learn that half the form doesn’t like sharpe just because he’s not explosive but they fell to look at the facts. 5th round pick rookie yr had over 500 yrds some we didn’t get out of our #5 pick or 3rd round receiver in their rookie seasons. & he was our #2 at times #1 WR, going up against the opposing teams 1st & 2nd CB. & he played in a stone age offense that couldn’t scheme him open. I rather have Tajae as a 3rd 4th WR going against 3rd & 4th string CB’s. With an offensive coordinator wit a brain. Now if we could get a QB that could stay healthy & make all the throws & knew how to throw Wide Receivers open vs waiting for them to get open. They don’t look at facts 

Get off his sack... he sucks... period.

He's one of worst WRs on what has been one of the worst WR units in the NFL. 

And it isn't the lack of explosiveness... Matthews isn't really explosive, but he's been dependable... I expect him to bounce back in the next few weeks as he gets more reps and timing in this offense with Mariota.

That will open things up for Davis to continue his ascent.  His stats haven't looked like much, but the circumstances surrounding this offense so far this year has been peculiar.  I also expect him to start flashing soon... as Mariota regains control of his grip... as Matthews starts opening up the other side... and as Taylor and Lewis draw some attention in the middle of the field (taking over for Walker there) with some explosiveness.  I don't expect much from Sharpe though... maybe 15 receptions the rest of the way (he's 2 of 6 so far this year, so I'm overextrapulating his numbers). 

As long as Mariota regains full use of his hand, this offense is going to take off in October... you can just see and feel it.  Those 2nd half drives... 9-57-4:59-FG; 5-32-5:26; 12-65-6:42-FG; 6-23-2:23... 5 drives, just short of 180 yards and 20 minutes... that's not bad from a team being led by a 3 fingered QB... against one of the better defenses in the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He's one of worst WRs on what has been one of the worst WR units in the NFL. 

And it isn't the lack of explosiveness... Matthews isn't really explosive, but he's been dependable... I expect him to bounce back in the next few weeks as he gets more reps and timing in this offense with Mariota.

That will open things up for Davis to continue his ascent.  His stats haven't looked like much, but the circumstances surrounding this offense so far this year has been peculiar.  I also expect him to start flashing soon... as Mariota regains control of his grip... as Matthews starts opening up the other side... and as Taylor and Lewis draw some attention in the middle of the field (taking over for Walker there) with some explosiveness.  I don't expect much from Sharpe though... maybe 15 receptions the rest of the way (he's 2 of 6 so far this year, so I'm overextrapulating his numbers). 

As long as Mariota regains full use of his hand, this offense is going to take off in October... you can just see and feel it.  Those 2nd half drives... 9-57-4:59-FG; 5-32-5:26; 12-65-6:42-FG; 6-23-2:23... 5 drives, just short of 180 yards and 20 minutes... that's not bad from a team being led by a 3 fingered QB... against one of the better defenses in the NFL. 

Get off Taylor ?s he hasn’t done nothing You depending on a guy struggling wit the playbook. Like I said I’ll hold off on sharpe till I see him wit a QB that can get him the ball cause to be honest you can’t fairly criticize any WR on the roster when the playbook is throwed out because of QB play I haven’t seen nothing that shows sharpe can’t be a productive WR against 3rd & 4th string CB’s he was productive for a rookie going against 1 & 2’s ?Facts I’ll be waiting on Taywan big hopes let’s go potential 4.46-4.50 flat speed 6.50 3 cone drill mane can’t wait for the light bulb to come on 

I just wish Derrick would run as hard in the first three quarters as he does in the 4th.  That's probably my biggest gripe of the game. Everybody talks about his size, but he always tries to run like a speed back. We run him inside, and he doesn't really show the power to get that extra 2-3 yards after contact.  His 4th quarter deal was great when he was still taking the back seat to DeMarco, but I'd really like to see him truly take on the role as a lead back going forward and just be more consistent at this point in his career. Our run game still has a ways to go as a whole, but I feel like Dion has definitely ran harder and more consistently than Derrick through 3 weeks. 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

So how has sharpe is so bad ? he had 1 drop yesterday & if you look at the replay he caught it but rolled over on the ground & lost it, but he’s been bad playing with bad QB play ? I understand he’s not explosive how everyone loves to see out a WR but if you gone say sharpe is bad you can say that for the whole receiving Corp. 

Name one thing he's done here outside of his first week as a rookie. He doesn't separate, he's not good after the catch, and he's not even making routine catches now.

And no, the rest of the WRs haven't looked great either, but Taylor and Davis are at least doing something with the opportunities they have had. With them you can at least think maybe when we have a healthy QB and they get more opportunities we will have something to talk about instead of people over-hyping Davis' two catch game.

But healthy QB or not, Sharpe doesn't separate, he's not good after the catch, and he's not a great hands-catcher. Has nothing to do with him being explosive. I'd settle for him just getting open and catching the ball.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I think your overreacting. We had some bad drops yesterday but as a whole the passing game has sucked because of the QB situation. Marcus only played half of the Miami game and then played against the best secondary in the league with a bad throwing hand and numb fingers. The other game and a half was with Gabbert at the helm so of course the passing attack is gonna suck. I mean think about it, we’re going in to week 4 and our starting QB hasn’t even completed a full game yet. Out of 3 games we’ve only had a real QB for half a game.

As for the receivers I think your being too harsh on Taylor. His snap count has gone up every week and I haven’t seen him making any mental errors out there so idk where your getting that he’s a dumbass that can’t grasp the offense. Maybe your seeing something that I’m not that you could point out to me. The increase in snaps seems to indicate that he’s grasping the offense better and better. Matthews is obviously still getting in to game shape but again, a lot of his struggles go back to the fact that the passing game has been non-existent for 2 1/2 games. Gotta give time for us to get healthy and for the offense to come together.

Also, Delanie is great, but our season will not be derailed because he’s out. We’ve already proven that by beating Houston and Jacksonville back to back with a decimated roster. The only injury that will derail the season is if we lose Marcus, otherwise it’s a team game.

34 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Name one thing he's done here outside of his first week as a rookie. He doesn't separate, he's not good after the catch, and he's not even making routine catches now.

And no, the rest of the WRs haven't looked great either, but Taylor and Davis are at least doing something with the opportunities they have had. With them you can at least think maybe when we have a healthy QB and they get more opportunities we will have something to talk about instead of people over-hyping Davis' two catch game.

But healthy QB or not, Sharpe doesn't separate, he's not good after the catch, and he's not a great hands-catcher. Has nothing to do with him being explosive. I'd settle for him just getting open and catching the ball.

Again a guy that doesn’t separate that spent his rookie season going against 1st & 2nd string CBs & still had over 500 in yards in a offense that doesn’t even scheme players to get open. ? But you Banking on a WR that can separate but doesn’t know the playbook ??? at now if my guy put up 500 yards against 1 & 2 CBS I like his chances going against 3rd & 4string CBs #have nice day 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Again a guy that doesn’t separate that spent his rookie season going against 1st & 2nd string CBs & still had over 500 in yards in a offense that doesn’t even scheme players to get open. ? But you Banking on a WR that can separate but doesn’t know the playbook ??? at now if my guy put up 500 yards against 1 & 2 CBS I like his chances going against 3rd & 4string CBs #have nice day 

Where are you people getting Taywan doesn’t know the playbook? 

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Where are you people getting Taywan doesn’t know the playbook? 

Someone mentioned he doesn’t know the play book & his IQ have been questioned so I ran wit it. I know Tajae gets a lot of Snap’s & evidently the coaching staff know some more than we know ??‍♂️

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Someone mentioned he doesn’t know the play book & his IQ have been questioned so I ran wit it. I know Tajae gets a lot of Snap’s & evidently the coaching staff know some more than we know ??‍♂️

So you're choosing to debate with people and your supporting facts are literally nothing but someone else's speculation????...... That won't end in a lot of winning disagreements for you here.

The coaching staff gave Taylor 32 snaps last week and Sharpe 24. Apparently we know something that they know and you just don't get it. Facts.

We also know he's been targeted 6 times to the tune of 2 catches and 31 yards throughout 3 games. He has as many drops as he does catches this season. Facts.

In Mariota's best year as a passer with literally no other established targets on the team to take away his touches he managed 41 catches... and the thing is, the majority of them were in the first half of the season. In his last eight games that season? 15 catches. In his last four games? 5 catches. He's so bad that we started going away from using him with literally no one else but Matthews on the team.  Facts.

I dunno if Taylor is going to be a great player, but he's a hell of a lot better than Sharpe. Facts.

Archived