2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

4 minutes ago, rcon14 said:
5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

If Jonah Williams is available at 12, we're probably taking him. He'd be BPA at that point. Problem is, you have to cut/trade/move Bulaga to improve the value of the pick.

You could just play Jonah at RG for one year before kicking him out to RT

Or move Bulaga inside to RG.  Either way, if it strengths the OL as a unit, you can make it work.  

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

You could just play Jonah at RG for one year before kicking him out to RT

I actually love that idea. Its just... we never pick this high in the draft. To walk away with a starting Guard for this next year with the pick would be a bit disappointing. Although I acknowledge it fills a hole this year and a major freaking gaping hole for 2020.

12 hours ago, deathstar said:

Great feet. Maybe size is why people don't know what to do with him, but he had 34" arms at the Senior Bowl.

If memory serves me correctly, if often does not, Tyron Smith was under 300 when he was drafted as well. As long as he has the frame to add additional weight/strength, I'm OK with the kid being 295. Spriggs, who showed a few flashes last year has really increased his lower body strength and size since entering the year as well. 

14 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

If Jonah Williams is available at 12, we're probably taking him. He'd be BPA at that point. Problem is, you have to cut/trade/move Bulaga to improve the value of the pick.

Having too many good Oline isn't a problem. They get injured and you need depth there.

People really need to get over this idea that we're going to cut/trade Bulaga to save a bit of cash. Especially getting rid him for a rookie.

Those 1st round tackles are so not sexy, but if the guy has pro bowl talent it would be a pick worth making for the Packers.  The Packers seem to be about ready to morph into a team that will run the ball with regularity, and protecting the 35 year old qb should be a high priority as well.  I'd be fine with Williams at #12.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Here's a nice little writeup from Daniel Jeremiah .. his top 50.  It's different from the mock drafts everyone seems to copy off of around the internet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10

Having a RB at 6 is just puke-worthy. I also don't understand why anyone thinks Daniel Jones is good.

23 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Those 1st round tackles are so not sexy, but if the guy has pro bowl talent it would be a pick worth making for the Packers.  The Packers seem to be about ready to morph into a team that will run the ball with regularity, and protecting the 35 year old qb should be a high priority as well.  I'd be fine with Williams at #12.  

I really believe that’s where we will find value at #12. I’m hoping Cody Ford is the pick. He seems like the ideal guard/tackle hybrid built for the right side with amazing feet for a 330 lber.

22 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How would you guys feel about Jerry Tillery at 30?

Tillery is definitely someone I would consider at 30. He's got everything you're looking for in 5-tech and with Mike Daniels getting close to 30 I think we should look for his replacement this year given the depth in the draft. I would be really excited for Jerry Montgomery to work with this kid.