2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

11 hours ago, St Vince said:

I admit I really don't follow the college game that's why I love this site. A lot of you guy's are very informed about college prospects. You put out the names and I go watch their tape. There's a receiver Hollywood Brown I've been watching tape on. This team desperately needs a quick big play receiver and returner. Is there a possibility he'll be there at 44?

Yes.  But will Gute draft him?  Probably not.

12 hours ago, smetana34 said:

I think it has everything to do with the RT being in the QBs line of sight. He's able to see a defender coming and can minimize the damage. The LT requires the trust from the QB, as a blindside hit can end a season in a quick hurry. Only makes sense to allow a rookie to get his feet wet on the right side

All true, you're going to put your more proven, better player at LT, still dont think it means LT takes more time to develop. 

Random Mock Draft:

12. Montez Sweat, Edge

30. DeAndre Baker, CB

44. Andy Isabella, WR

75. Darnell Savage, S

114. Kaden Smith, TE

118, Foster Moreau, TE

150. Tyler Roemer, OT

185. Ben Burr-Kirven, LB

194. Brett Rypien, QB

226. Dre Greenlaw, LB

Edited by deathstar

16 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

Pressure from the right results in throw aways. Pressure from the left results in sack fumbles.

The data doesn't really play this out. Football Outsiders and PFF have both looked at the data and pretty much debunked it. 

You have to remember that while right handed QBs have their shoulders squared to their right, their head is still pointed generally straight ahead. The imbalance in the periphreal field of vision isn't so dramatic. 

220px-Peripheral_vision.svg.png

It's my understanding of the situation that human beings almost never see anything in their far periphreal vision unless they're almost expecting it. Now if the Edge guy is bullrushing the Tackle back into the QB, he might see it. But if he's running the arc, it's not very likely.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snackattack said:

Is anyone concerned about the 140% part of this? I mean, if you’re gonna go above 100%, why are you stopping at 140?

He Just Hasn't Reached Super-Saiyan Yet But When He Does He Will Exponentially Increase His Power Level And 140% Will Be A Distant Memory.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Random Mock Draft:

12. Montez Sweat, Edge

30. DeAndre Baker, CB

44. Andy Isabella, WR

75. Darnell Savage, S

114. Kaden Smith, TE

118, Foster Moreau, TE

150. Tyler Roemer, OT

185. Ben Burr-Kirven, LB

194. Brett Rypien, QB

226. Dre Greenlaw, LB

I don't hate the list...but the Baker pick at 30 throws me a bit. I like Isabella, but not at 44. It might be the best chance we have in grabbing him, but I think there are going to be better WR options available there. Like pick 185 alot...know very little about 150 or 226. Do we need to draft a QB? Seems like we need a RB

Edited by Pilprin

Just now, Pilprin said:

I don't hate the list...but the Baker pick at 30 throws me a bit. I like Isabella, but not at 44. It might be the best chance we have in grabbing him, but I think there are going to be better WR options available there. Like pick 185 alot...know very little about 150 or 226. Do we need to draft a QB?

I think a lot of how I look at the draft is finding the most value for each pick. The Baker pick gives us potentially the best cornerback from this draft class. Toss him in there and I feel so much better about our nickel defense. Isabella seems to be a pretty unique talent in the draft as well. He's thick, like if he were 6 ft tall but just as dense he'd be 220 pounds. Add to that his route running and 4.3 speed; it's like an upgraded Cobb on a rookie contract. 150 - offensive tackle who is sloppy looking (needs a pro weight room), more athletic than he looks, and a better run blocker than pass blocker right now. 226 - a guy who has all the tools and all the instincts but just doesn't finish plays well. In the 7th I'm looking for special teamers pretty exclusively. Re: QB - why not? Competition never hurts anyone. I liked it when we drafted one every year.

Sounds like a fair assessment. I am not against taking a QB...but it feels like we have two really young guys right now and can add a UDFA if desired. 

Agree with adding ST players in the process. Need guys who are multiple without a doubt. Still feel like we need a RB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

Sounds like a fair assessment. I am not against taking a QB...but it feels like we have two really young guys right now and can add a UDFA if desired. 

Agree with adding ST players in the process. Need guys who are multiple without a doubt. Still feel like we need a RB.

I think in this scenario we might end up calling CJ Anderson.

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Signing the Smiths is just a smokescreen for us trading with the Jets to draft Bosa, who falls to third after the Niners take Q. Williams.  We only have to give up 12, 44, our second next year and Mike Daniels.  

This is a 2nd next year richer than my proposed trade up or Q Williams

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is a 2nd next year richer than my proposed trade up or Q Williams

Is this guy (Bosa) just so berserk good to warrant that kind of talent outlay?
When we could draft an EDGE guy @ 12 and hold on to all the other talent....

Edited by Leader