2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Really trying to fall in love with a couple guys at 12 ...for weeks now.

Tillery's surgery has me a bit bummed.

A few final notes:

I'll be ok with whoever GB picks. I don't think they will settle for second best. They just have too much capital.

I don't love the Sweat fit. Oliver is gone by 8 (Atlanta trade). Wilkins is younger than I thought -- my dark horse for GB. Harry is undoubtedly high on our board (and some even say he's a surprise at 12 -- that would take Packer nation for a spin). I like Fant but he seems like Finley 2.0 and that is really rich at 30 for TE -- think receiver is way more likely. I am strongly inclined to thinking we take edge day two. Many good prospects and GREAT GREAT locker room fits, good football players, coachable guys; we have time and I think several day two picks at edge will end up being better than any of this year's top picks. The only OL I'm confident is a huge upgrade is Lindstrom -- he makes a lot of sense, maybe Risner if he falls, but I am less worried about OL because I think our year two receivers plus a couple weapons and a new system will help AR get rid of that ball quicker. I like round 3 safeties for Pettine. Not worried there.

Anyways, just hope it falls like Gute wants and he gets his trades he wants. I'm pretty confident he has this draft figured out and will get a bunch of his guys.

Should be a fun draft and fun season imo. AR and the vets seem excited.

Edit: and I like JJAW, just don't think he offers much for GB with what we have. Still, I'd take him before any TE

Edited by JaireAlex

12: R1P12
 EDGE MONTEZ SWEAT
MISSISSIPPI ST.
30: R1P30
 TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA
44: R2P12
 NASIR ADDERLEY
DELAWARE
75: R3P11
 WR JJ ARCEGA-WHITESIDE
STANFORD
114: R4P12
 TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
118: R4P16
 WR TERRY MCLAURIN
OHIO ST.
150: R5P12
 OT MAX SCHARPING
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
185: R6P12
 RB TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS
194: R6P21
 LB CHASE HANSEN
UTAH
226: R7P12
 UGOCHUKWU AMADI
OREGON

im okay with this.

55 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Why the news of Tillery's surgery has me pounding the table for a trade down. I love rounds 2-3 more and more. So many likeable players. Everyone I like is a 20 pick earliest.

I am very curious where Harry is on the board. Another confirmation I heard that he's our top receiver in the draft. I like Campbell, Harry, and Isabella for GB but they all have question marks. This will be a very interesting draft, most interesting to me in a decade. Hope the board falls well for Gute.

Out of curiosity, where do you get your info/sources from? You seem to be very sure about your takes. Are these hunches?

1 minute ago, Lieker said:

Out of curiosity, where do you get your info/sources from? You seem to be very sure about your takes. Are these hunches?

Tillery had surgery on his labrum. May not be ready before regular season.

I have as reliable of sources as anyone. The rumors on Harry could be smoke but GB has definitely added to that and I definitely see why he would fit and why the Pack would be all over him. I slotted him as a likely GB type before I heard any rumors. If Harry gets with the right team, he could be the best WR in the draft. He just needs a lot of work but he will do it imo.

I am very interested to see if the Packers are just putting out smoke on these receivers. So too with other players. That's especially so on Isabella where Pauline has reported that Isabella is going to Arizona or GB. Pauline is a solid source.

7 minutes ago, Lieker said:

He doesn't have sources. 

He's been following the NFL draft for about a month for the first time in 2+ years. 

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

Tillery had surgery on his labrum. May not be ready before regular season.

I have as reliable of sources as anyone. The rumors on Harry could be smoke but GB has definitely added to that and I definitely see why he would fit and why the Pack would be all over him. I slotted him as a likely GB type before I heard any rumors. If Harry gets with the right team, he could be the best WR in the draft. He just needs a lot of work but he will do it imo.

I am very interested to see if the Packers are just putting out smoke on these receivers. So too with other players. That's especially so on Isabella where Pauline has reported that Isabella is going to Arizona or GB. Pauline is a solid source.

Thanks for the laugh. 

You realize that you have essentially zero credibility on this board now, correct? I'm not sure why you decided to show up. 

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

His sources are the same as the rest of us: Twitter

He won't tell you that himself though. 

It would conflict with the delusions of grandeur.  

At least he knows his post history is public (and easily searchable) now. 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Thanks for the laugh. 

You realize that you have essentially zero credibility on this board now, correct? I'm not sure why you decided to show up. 

Pauline is quite credible actually

As far as I know, Tillery is recovering from surgery and won't be ready until after OTAs. 

One is a credible source. The other is a fact.

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

Pauline is quite credible actually

As far as I know, Tillery is recovering from surgery and won't be ready until after OTAs. 

One is a credible source. The other is a fact.

You're trying to make yourself sound important... Not like you're using publicly available sources. Otherwise you would've disclosed them in the first place instead of sounding like an "insider". 

You're shctick is old and completely worn out. 

I don't think "he's not going to be able to physically go during organized team activities" even matters".  Mostly those are for installs- the mental work is more important than the physical work.  Drafted underclassmen whose schools are on the quarters system can't even attend OTAs, and we draft Pac-12 kids all the time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

You're trying to make yourself sound important... Not like you're using publicly available sources. Otherwise you would've disclosed them in the first place instead of sounding like an "insider". 

You're shctick is old and completely worn out. 

Sorry if you think I'm trying to come off as an insider.

Not my intention at all. All my sources are very public and I've referenced them quite a number of times already with links.. Not pretending an inside scoop.