2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

I know, I know, it's way to early, but I can't help myself.  Reality sets in, I think the Packers will have 2 picks within #20-#25.  With that said, would you double dip at Edge in round 1 and go OL in 2?  For me, the dream picks would be Josh Allen, Montez Sweat and Joe Jackson, rounds 1 and 2.  Why?  Doubt CMJ will be back at this point of the early season.  Perry if he want big bucks will be gone.  That leaves them with Gilbert and Fackrell as starters.  That concerns me.   I could see the Packers double dipping at Edge, me I would go over board unless you resign Perry at a fair cost.  Go OL or S in rds 3  -5.  What would you do?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Cause the mods in this forum freaking suck.

Thanks for stating the obvious.  We are well aware of that, yet we still manage to be the best and most highly posting  team sub-forum.

You are welcome for making you look great!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Trading some picks for a savy vet at edge or safety would be my ideal use of these picks at the moment.
But I can agree with keeping them and drafting and edge player or o line 

We could have Eric Reid now with a phone call.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Thanks for stating the obvious.  We are well aware of that, yet we still manage to be the best and most highly posting  team sub-forum.

You are welcome for making you look great!!

Child please.  I make everyone look bad, because I look so good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Trading some picks for a savy vet at edge or safety would be my ideal use of these picks at the moment. 

This notion that vet edges are available for a reasonable price needs to die immediately.  Name even ONE EDGE that would be available at a reasonable price, and explain why you think they're available.  Teams don't give up quality pass rushers.

• Like 1

Of course everyone wants EDGE and OT.  Ideally, Gute would invest heavily in both positions and early in the draft.  

Guard might be a need as well, depending on McCrays development. 

Honestly, there are a bunch of young guys that I'm fairly high on.  I'd like to see more of 83, 85, 42 and 90.

33, 23 and 37 absolutely look like above average starters already.  There is a lot of young talent to be excited about.  It could leave Gute with the option of grading up and taking 1 to 2 less players if some of These young guys do emerge.