2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

I am not pounding the table for White at No. 12 or any ILB at No. 12 but for once Nagler is spot on. The idea that White would not play upwards of 85-90% of the snaps in our defense simply because other ILBs haven't done so in the past is a false narrative. We haven't had another ILB play that many snaps next to Martinez because for the most part our other ILBs have been role players or otherwise sucked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

This will probably drop him to being a late round worth the risk pick.

Probably falls from a late 2 early 3 to a late 3 to early 5. Guys are coming back from ACLs at incredible recovery rates now.

Guy may be ready for September ball physically, though realistically you're probably losing a year of effective play on his rookie deal.

15 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Him returning imo ensures Nasir Adderley is the 1st Safety off the board.

I'm not sure if I already said this, but if the Combine numbers test as well as he looks on tape then some team is going to run him out at corner.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:08 AM, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Last season did anyone notice that the edge rushers were used differently?

They were used to contain rather than pressure. Matthews was used on the outside but his ability and skill set would have fit better in the inside. I know that people keep on saying edge rusher, but for Pettines defense it may not be priority. Priority might be DL and S.

How much of that was out of necessity?  Our pass rushers were Clay Matthews, Kyler Fackrell, and Reggie Gilbert.  The only one who was really productive within the scheme was Kyler Fackrell.  Clay seemed to be playing gap control than getting after the pass rusher, which isn't quite his game.

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How much of that was out of necessity?  Our pass rushers were Clay Matthews, Kyler Fackrell, and Reggie Gilbert.  The only one who was really productive within the scheme was Kyler Fackrell.  Clay seemed to be playing gap control than getting after the pass rusher, which isn't quite his game.

Yea I think it was more Pettine adjusting based on personnel. Had we acquired Mack for example, Pettine wouldn't have had him "containing." He would have been wreaking havoc in the backfield on QBs.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:00 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Just stated that today... I'm torn.  I like him at Mizzou, but I would love to have him in Green Bay.  I think he would be better off joining the league, but that isn't my choice.  Maybe he really wants to play with Kelly Bryant?

If I have to pick between a player going back to Mizzou or being drafted by GB, I’d usually pick them going to GB but it’s no gurantee.The only time I’d root for the opposite is if he’ll froze over and Mizzou was a national title contender. I hope Kelly Bryant does well with a  change of scenery and having a weapon like that will help. 

Emmanuel Hall and Terry Beckner JR. are a couple guys I wouldn’t mind in GB either.

3 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

This will probably drop him to being a late round worth the risk pick.

Yea, it really sucks for him, I wish he would of declared last year. 

I would definitely take him with a 4th or later and let him redshirt for a year. 

16 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Him returning imo ensures Nasir Adderley is the 1st Safety off the board.

Give us the best Edge available at 12, Nasir Adderley, and Jerry Tillery with our first three picks and lets go!! Grabbing OL in the 3rd of course.